main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Clone Wars #11: The Smuggler's Code

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alto_Stratus

2. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I think the Clone Wars era is currently in a situation where we have been fed a lot of sweet food and little salty food, so while I am completely full and don't want anything even resembling sugar from that era anymore, I wouldn't say no to nice salty meal.
    With sweet food I mean the "adventure of the week"-stories where some Jedi and some clones fight a generic CIS villain, have little character insight and so on. But what the Clone Wars are missing is an overall arc of the war from the political side, the CIS side and so on. The salty food. How does losing that battle really affect the war? How do the politics inside CIS government change during the war? It's the big stuff I'm hoping for, not just quick comments of "If we don't conquer this world, we may lose the MacGuffin to the seppies and that could change the entire war... oh, droids!"

3. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    There is the Tofen Vane story, but i don't think a whole series would work because their whole ideology is a mess.

4. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    You should play TIE Fighter too

Darth_SHOT likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That looks like a fun game but can it even run on modern platforms?

6. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004

7. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I heard DOS Box can do it but I have no idea to run it myself

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I tried to run it in DOS Box and had a rather hellish time with the controls. But maybe it just needed a joystick.

9. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    There is a Windows 95 version, also an epic mod for X-Wing Alliance that lets you play the TIE fighter story missions.

10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    While I haven't read this yet, the preview looks amusing, with some Jedi R&R at the beach. Might be worth a looksie...

I'm also in agreement with the sentiment that the vast majority of stories told in this era are focused solely on the POV of the Republic rather than the CIS, and there's a definite need to keep things fresh by telling stories not just surrounding different characters, but from the "heroes" on the other side. In any case, it seems like the Clone Wars era has been so saturated by stories, especially about Anakin and Obi-Wan (we have practically enough stories to map out every week of their lives during this period), that I am quite frankly surprised that they can fit so many stories about these two in the three-year time-frame that is the Clone Wars.

One more point to make. Or rather, a question, one I believe that I asked three months ago in the Defenders of the Lost Temple thread but went unanswered. Does anyone know whether Dark Horse plans to continue publishing TCW graphic novellas, or is The Smuggler's Code the final issue in the series? What with the cancellation of TCW, I wonder if they actually intend to continue with these digest-sized comics.

11. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012
    They're continuing the novellas (Next one is Ewok focused!) but nothings been said on the topic of more Clone Wars either way. It seems unlikely though.