main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Who was you favourite prequel trilogy actor?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Vannagainn, Jul 11, 2013.

?

Who was the best Prequel trilogy actor?

Poll closed Sep 5, 2013.
  1. Hayden Christensen (Ankian)

6.7%
  2. Natalie Portman (Padme)

3.3%
  3. Ewan McGregor (Obi-One)

50.0%
  4. Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu)

2.2%
  5. Ian McDiarmid (Palpetine)

34.4%
  6. Christopher Lee (Douku)

2.2%
  7. Anthony Daniels (C-3P0)

1.1%
  8. Frank Oz (Yoda)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Vannagainn

Vannagainn Jedi Knight

Jul 11, 2013
    So comon!
    Who was your favourite actor in the 3 newest Star Wars movies??
    Did you think the Prequel actors were better than the Original actors?
    Plz post responses as reply and as a poll answer!

2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Ian McDiarmid, by a pretty wide margain. The Palpatine character steals the show in the prequels. He's the high water mark

kainee, jaqen, arwen_sith and 3 others like this.
  3. Vannagainn

Vannagainn Jedi Knight

Jul 11, 2013
    yeah, he is a very strong actor. I especially enjoy his speech scenes!

kainee likes this.
  4. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Not just the best performance, I think the Palpatine character is my favorite aspect of the PT as a whole.

kainee, arwen_sith and Sable_Hart like this.
  5. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Going to have to agree those above. Ian McDiarmid really did an outstanding job.

kainee, arwen_sith and Cryogenic like this.
  6. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    It was a stroke of either amazing luck or sheer irony that McDiarmid was the right age to play the younger Sen./Chancellor Palpatine. He took that character from a one-dimensional yellow-eyed, frog-voiced creep to someone that was interesting, entertaining, and (in the context of the film) was absolutely believable. He was one of the saving graces of the PT. Seeing him go full-on Emperor in ROTS was just brilliant. A definite high-point.

kainee, markdeez33, Cryogenic and 5 others like this.
  7. ConnorLovesPadme

ConnorLovesPadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2013
    Natalie Portman(Padme)

Anakin was soooooo underrated in the PT, I thought Hayden did a brilliant job especially when Anakin turned to the dark side in ROTS he looked so evil and sinister.

8. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Ewan.... a great performance in the footsteps of an alltime great, and i love his other films too

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Hard as it is to vote against McDiarmid, I can't not give Christensen the nod after his performances during the Tusken confession and rumination scenes. McDiarmid's portrait of space opera villainy was surely iconic. Christensen, however, had the benefit of playing the centerpiece of the tragedy, and thus got the opportunity to really nail these key scenes in which the character's emotional devastation is highlighted by outburst and quiet inner acknowledgement.

kainee, SlashMan, Cryogenic and 3 others like this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Christensen was awesome during the Lars garage scene. He negotiated with Lucas on how it should be portrayed; Lucas wanted no tears, and I don't think that would have done the scene justice.

I voted Ewan McGregor because I thought he did the best job overall, but I thoroughly enjoyed Liam Neeson's and Samuel L. Jackson's performances as well. And Ian McDiarmid did a great job making me hate his character, which was the point of course, so props there.

11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    dat back

I voted for Ewan.

kainee and SithStarSlayer like this.
  13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Ian stole the show...

kainee, Cryogenic and Sable_Hart like this.
  14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    There is only one Emperor. I'm glad he came back for the prequels. It was toss up between him and Ewan. In AOTC, both actors seemed bored, but that all changed in ROTS imo.

kainee likes this.
  15. Cla-Wa Kenobi

Cla-Wa Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2013
    What about Liam Neeson? Qui-Gon rocked! I voted for Ewan because I am a huge Obi-Wan fan (as well as a fan of EM). So glad that Obi-Wan's character evolved from the gorgeous man with a stick up his butt in AOTC to an equally handsome but much more 3-D man in ROTS.

kainee likes this.
  16. ConnorLovesPadme

ConnorLovesPadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2013
    I liked Darth Maul aswell in TPM, nothing more cooler than a double ended lightsaber and horns on his head. Scary looking Sith Lord he was.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  17. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    I voted Hayden Christensen. He had the most difficult character to portray, not just in the PT, but in the whole saga, and he made it work. His performance is by far the best in SW saga for me.

kainee and El Jedi Colombiano like this.
  18. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Ewan or Ian? Ewan or Ian? Ewan or Ian?

It may not be too popular, but I'm gonna have to go with Ewan. The reason being Ian had to continue a role he had already established (kind of), yet Ewan had to fit into a role that had already been established by someone else, and I'd say that Ewan did a fine job. Both actors did their respective roles very very well though and it's probably really a tie in my head, but I can only choose one for the poll.

EDIT: OK, I've just voted and I see it is quite a popular choice

kainee likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Liam Neeson. It's a shame QGJ died in the first movie.

kainee likes this.
  20. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    Have to say Ewan. Perfectly cast and completely made the role his own while honouring Alec Guinness' performance. Can't imagine anyone else playing Obi Wan other than those two.

kainee likes this.
  21. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    My favorite prequel trilogy actor is Ian McDiarmid. I just love how he portrayed Palpatine/Sidious in a calm restrained yet slimy manner in TPM, AOTC, and the first half of ROTS and then in a crazy (in a good way) manner in the second half of ROTS. I agree with Mr. K's statement that Ian made Palpatine's character interesting, entertaining, and believable.

kainee, Cryogenic, Mr. K and 2 others like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The big three for me in the PT are Ian, Ewan and Hayden (not that I don't love Liam Neeson and Natalie Portman because I do) because to me they had the hardest roles to play and all three were fantastic.

Ian McDiarmid had to basically play two separate characters and I think he pulled it off brilliantly. There are moments when Palpatine seems genuinely concerned for others but there's always this certain degree of evil just below the surface. One of the little touches I love is after Padme leaves his apartment in TPM after deciding to return to Naboo and for just a second you can notice the slightest of smiles on Palpatine's face.

Ewan McGregor had to replace a legend and instead of mimmicking the performance he really made it his own. I love how he becomes more and more the Old Ben we know as the PT progresses and by ROTS he had the role so nailed that whenever I watch that film and ANH back to back the role just seamlessly transitions between films.

Hayden Christensen had the biggest challenge IMO because he was portraying the icon of evil before he turned evil. He plays the troubled hero perfectly but some of my favorite parts of his performance is when he gets to portray Anakin's mischevious nature. When he smarts off to Obi-Wan, when he uses some creature to surf on and show off to Padme, when he uses his powers to play with his food, etc. all these little moments are played great by Hayden and are big reasons why I really like Anakin.

I can't choose between the three of them so I'm going to go with them all as my favorites.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hayden Christensen cause he played Anakin and everyone knows Anakin is a badass

kainee and Isabella Skywalker like this.
  24. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    GAAAAAHH Don't make me choose. I love them all!

Okay I'm going with Ahmed Best.

kainee, SlashMan, Cryogenic and 2 others like this.
  25. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    This.