main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Do you mean one of these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-I...id=1372410728&sr=8-1&keywords=boba+fett+plush
    I've seen those before. I want one of those and an R2 one.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I actually have that one and I got it from Amazon UK. It's pretty nice. The ones I saw at discount were smaller - just a few inches in height.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah no, the ones I saw were smaller, less detailed, and didn't talk.

After some searching, I found them here. The Joy Toy Star Wars 18" "comic beanies".

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Vintage (Kenner) Hoth Leia. That's 44 down.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    When I moved to AZ from Mass 9 years ago we ended up leaving a bunch of scattered debris at our rental because we just ran out of time/truck space to take things with us. My entire collection came with me - except for one item.
    [​IMG]

Back in 1995 Lucasfilm put their very first props on display in a small exhibit in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center. The exhibit was a huge success and was what launched the "Magic of the Myth tour" and all other traveling exhibits since then. My sister and I went on the last day, being young and broke the only thing I could afford was the small poster for the event (seen in the pic above that was taken when I lived back east.) That poster is what got left behind when we moved.

I've been crushed for YEARS because every time those come up for auction (which is rare) they go for a fortune, regardless of size. Finally an auction came up for another small poster, I put a bid on it and then forgot that I bid on it because I assumed I'd get outbid. However, I did not! I won it! Not only did I win it but I got it dirt cheap! It arrived today. It's got a couple of tiny problems but I don't care - it'll be going in a frame and staying there! Woot! Woot! Woot!

JUKE-SKYWALKER likes this.
  6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Picked up the latest issue of Insider and when I got home, there was the Book of Sith waiting for me. I won it in a drawing. :D

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Congrats! It's a pretty good book.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got in the mail from a seller on RS 2 signatures: Bonnie Piesse (Beru) and Mary Oyaya (Luminara.)

Ani501st likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Went to the London Film & Comic Con yesterday and was bought a Marc Ecko Boba Fett jacket at one of the vendor stalls. You can see a pic in this Ebay auction. The stall had a whole variety of these, not just the Fett. Too wam to wear now but I expect it will get some use this winter!

10. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    I just got in the mailbox earlier this morning the Legacy Collection Medical Frigate Luke Skywalker figure. Nice decent figure but I needed it to get the U3PO head which was the champagne colored version which I like better. U3PO and HK50 are the only humanoid droids i have. That and I still need to complete the RZ astromech that has the triangle eye from the first wave of Legacy Colletion the Return of the Jedi wave

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Went up to London today and paid Forbidden Planet a visit. Picked up the new SW: Crucible HC, Agent of the Empire Volume 1 tpb, and the ArtFX 1:10 Boba Fett. You can see some pics of Boba here on Rebelscum. Also picked up a small plush Boba Fett (4-odd inches tall..).

We also went to the London Film Museum (near the London Eye) and they have a small SW exhibit. I had my pic taken next to Boba Fett and Han in Carbonite.

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Let's see so far this week I've received:

Hasbro 12" Ki-Adi-Mundi Figure loose
    Gentle Giant SDCC08 Exclusive Anakin Skywalker Mini-bust
    And my custom Yavin medal ceremony gown for my 16" Princess Leia

13. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I have that ArtFX Boba too, it's awesome.

Here the big update:

- Darth Vader - The Return of Anakin Skywalker ArtFX figure.

figures:
    -Nom Anor
    -Kithaba
    -Ephant Mon
    - Han Solo (Hoth suit)
    - Luke Skywalker (Yavin cerimony)
    - Gamorrean Guard

books:
    - Crucible
    - Trhawn Trilogy comics in hardcover.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought the August issue of the UK Clone Wars magazine.

15. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Wife got me Star Wars Insider #142 with the beautiful Natalie Portman on front with trading cards and VC Daultay Dofine figure for my birthday. Both were on sale.
    ...Yes no more Ebay bidding for me. Not unless I see a great deal.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Got William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope at B&N today. Simply put- very hilarious/awesome. :D

17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Checked out some yard sales and scored a General Grievous ornament for $3.

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I found that at a local bookstore recently but haven't read it yet.

19. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Having recently taken a long Star Wars collecting sabbatical I'm desperately trying to source and buy the TVC's I missed, which is a lot . . . but the prices!!
    Blooming scary what happens on the secondary market!

I have scored some nice bounty in a Nom Anor though which I don't mind paying for being a BIG NJO fan. :)

Not so sure about the the new scale / Black series though so I may not be collecting them anyway. Can't imagine what they'll cost in the UK.

Giovs likes this.
  20. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Got the new 12 inch Hasbro Vader. For 10 bucks it's not bad compared to that awful Anakin...

21. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I see there are lots of interesting merchandise available at Celebration Europe. Probably good that I was unable to make it... I did pick up some assorted ships and figures at a garage sale on the street where I live of all places...

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I know what you mean. There are a few of those who were tough to find at retail that are commanding big bucks on eBay. Ponda Baba/Walrus Man, the Hoth Rebel Soldier and those EU themed figures (I can't remember their names) for instance. Hasbro was originally supposed to re-release some of the scarcer ones in the first and second quarter of 2013 to fill in the gap between the old line and the launch of the new Saga Legends and Black Series, but they must've canceled that or else they just didn't show up around here.

But a lot of those prices have leveled off and dropped, and you can pick up many of them for retail, though I'm not sure if that's true outside the U.S.

Hando likes this.
  23. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    I have managed to locate a couple at Toys R Us but I can't believe that my 3 semi-local TRU's STILL have Episode I wave figures available. I nearly - got very excited lets say - when I managed to snag an Aayla AND Kithaba last week . . . . though my son wanted them. He's had to settle for newer figures to his dismay, though I don't mind watching them get ripped open as the packaging does nothing for me compared to TVC's.

Unfortunately its Ebay for me now and some I'll have to source Stateside as they just don't appear here - and yip, its the EU ones as you said. :)

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yep. The only TVC figures to be found in my area for close to a year are all the leftovers from the Ep I wave. The same ones that have been there since January 2012. I found a Bespin Han Solo and a Hoth Luke in the last few months, but they were needles in the hay stack.

I wish you luck. Hopefully collectors will cool on the ones you're looking for once the new stuff starts to hit :D.

Hando likes this.
  25. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Here's hoping. Reminds me of collecting the old freeze frames some of those were a swine to get over here especially Weequay, that was insane!!