main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    To be fair, we don't know the whole details of the duel unless you go with the ROTS game version of their duel, which definitely wasn't "easy", as seen below.

2. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Kind of a weird question, but does anyone know why Revenge of the Sith has so many user ratings on Rottentomatoes compared to the other films in the saga?

Here's the breakdown:

The Phantom Menace: 997,365

Attack of the Clones: 822,499

A New Hope: 747,726

Empire Strikes Back: 939,978

Return of the Jedi: 908,515

And then there's Revenge of the Sith: 33,628,605

What's going on? I looked at some other popular films (like Harry Potter) and the latest film only had 195,091 ratings. Anyone have any idea?

3. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    A lot of people liked it and wanted to share their opinion, I guess. :p

I mean, heck, front page on the NY Times was proclaiming it better than ANH on launch day.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  4. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013

Justm as Darth Boba said. Nobody knows if it was easy or not. One thing that I'm somewhat curious about is why Cin Drallig himself was assigned to teach, instead of fighting on the battlefield.

5. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    In my opinion, I think for some of these Jedi that Anakin may have battled personally, he may have been a worthwhile opponent and been hard to beat...

6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Thirty million more reviews than all of the others, combined? No way that's right.

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  8. ConnorLovesPadme

ConnorLovesPadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2013
    Can somebody tell me this why doesn’t Anakin/Vader ever acknowledge the fact he knows who R2-D2 or C-3P0 in the later films?

Boy Anakin built C-3PO. Boy Anakin eventually meets R2. Boy Anakin grows up. Teenager Anakin starts using R2 as his droid of choice. Teenager Anakin inherits C-3P0. Teenager Anakin grows up. Grown up Anakin produces off-springs. Grown up Anakin becomes Vader. Vader crosses path with his offspring. Offspring is using droids. At any point of that timeline did Vader remember the droids that saved his neck time and time again? No. Does he find it weird that his son is using very similar droids? No.

9. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    It's probably irrelevant to him by that point? He barely interacts with R2 and 3PO after his turn in ROTS anyway.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In The Rise & Fall of Darth Vader- the reason Threepio's parts were in the scrap pile was that Vader said to do that, and the Threepio's parts are in Chewie's cell, is that Vader had them delivered to him.

Because initially, he wanted 3PO destroyed- as a painful reminder of his own fall- and it was memories of his mother's admonition "If you can't look after something, you don't deserve to have it" that made him change his mind, after Chewie rescued 3PO the first time.

It's actually derived from a comic in Star Wars Tales. Vader's words, in both, are "I am giving the Wookiee what he deserves".

VanishingReality and Seagoat like this.
  11. ConnorLovesPadme

ConnorLovesPadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2013
    Hmm yeah maybe so thats a point but even Obi Wan fails to recgonise R2 in ANH since rescuing the ship that he was on in TPM also?

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I figure he was being cagey. The Life And Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi, I think, does have him recognize Artoo- but not say anything about it.

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yep...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For a little humor...

Star Wars Infinities: Vader vs Artoo & Threepio
    Vader: "See-threepio, Artoo never told you what happened to your creator."
    C-3PO: "He informed me sufficiently. He told me you killed him."
    Vader: "No... I am your creator!"
    C-3PO: "No... no... That's not true. That's impossible! The odds against you being my creator are..."
    Vader: "Search your feelings, You know it to be true."
    C-3PO: "Noooo!! You see, sir, shortly after the Jedi were wiped out, my memory was erased. So that could explain why I'm having difficulty verifying your statement."

14. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    This is excellent. Very much humorous.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Were Luke & Leia twins a last-second Force hail-marry pass miracle?

All throughout "Sith", Padme's pregnancy is referred to as a singular "baby". They never refer to twins until they find out that "she's carrying twins" right before she gives birth. Now, Padme was ready with twin names off the jump but she was close to the other side so I guess she rolled with this strange stuff happening. Was it, like Anakin's birth, the will of the Force and with the Jedi being destroyed and Anakin turning into a Sith Lord, the Force decides to double on the chances to save the light side (side note, then which Skywalker kid is the miracle insta-Force baby?) by making two? Or is the simple answer is that she was pregnant with twins the whole time and didn't tell anyone? Or she didn't know it was twins because XYZ whatever, she was never examined thoroughly or asked if there were more than one fetus because Naboo pregnancy rituals are nutty like that?

I'm going with the first. It's a bit more mythic that way.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There was a conversation in the novel in which Anakin put his hand on her belly and she told him that "he's" kicking. Anakin said, "I thought you told your med droid not to spoil the surprise." Padme made some comment about how she did but she believed it was a boy due to her "maternal intuition." Anakin feels another kick and said, "A kick that hard? Definitely a girl."

Based on that conversation, my assumption was that Padme didn't have an ultrasound and therefore didn't know she was carrying twins, and that she and Anakin decided on both a boy and a girl name before all hell broke loose.

17. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    She didn't know AND it was the will of the Force.

- The other he spoke of is your twin sister.
    - And what of the boy?

/LM

BigAl6ft6 and SithStarSlayer like this.
  18. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    "Alas, poor Threepio! I knew him, R2: a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: Chewie hath borne him on his back; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at it.... Where be your gibes now? your gambols?...your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen? ..."​

Aegon Starcaster and Sarge like this.
  19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Watched TPM last night and that left me wondering:

1. Why did a commission need to be sent to Naboo?
    2. How long does it take for the Senate to form a committee?
    3. If Padme and Maul can make it there in a flash on different ships, why couldn't the Republic?

20. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    1. Bureaucratic obfuscation. There's obviously no reason to send a commission where there were darn Jedi Knights on the planet who, you know, saw the invasion as it happened. :p

2. Probably a good long time, given Padme's lost-her-cookies reaction.

3. Does the Republic seem inclined to do anything to begin with? :p

21. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000

Between her seemingly not having an ultrasound and that people on Naboo dress like it's six centuries ago...

Padme was probably part of the anti-vaccine crowd, too :p

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    What the Jedi witnessed doesn't count since they were never "officially there" in the first place.:p

23. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Nah. Palpatine could have produced them just fine, as it was Valorum who sent them to begin with. Course, it's not Palpatine's plan to help things move correctly. :p

24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    1. Seems like he didn't trust a 14 year old Queen or wanted proof.
    2. Perhaps the plot suggests 20+ years. :p
    3. That's something Lucas didn't consider while writing the script imo. If others can go from point A to point B in an instant, then I'm sure others can as well. But when Naboo needs the Republic to investigate, they can't, because then the movie would be over or at least solved. They finally arrived at the end when everything wrapped up.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    How come Dooku wasn't rockin "Sith Eyes" when Maul (constantly) and Anakin & Sidious did so (Anakin bounces back and forth, Sidious turned it on after the zapping and never went back)