main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books CRUCIBLE by Troy Denning: The Official Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Jun 13, 2013.

1. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Wait, live shots? What the hell, are Jedi not allowed get angry if someone tries to kill them?

I remember a similar scenario in the Jedi Knight game where Rosh Penin (grr) sics a robot on you in an obstacle course, prompting Jaden to get POed and Kyle is just like "Dude, calm down."

Not "How dare he not be cool with an escalation to deadly force dung an exercise! He's practically a sith already!"

JStepp and Revanfan1 like this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Precisely R, I have no answer to the insanity of it.

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I don't know who wrote Jedi Academy, but I think he should've written this book. :p

4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    KJA.

5. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Not the trilogy, the game. Or did KJA do that, too?

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I am operating on the assumption that they will eventually get to the comics from the books we have now but not seeing it happen now. I admit it is very plausible that they unite the Jedi Order and the GA later on but I want it to be under Luke and crew! That was their legacy to the galaxy! Let them enjoy it! I would prefer it never happened but nothing we can do there. I would not be surprised to see if Krayt shows up earlier in the book timeline and completely contradict the comics.
    They should have jumped 100 years after the NJO back in 05 and wrote books and comics and hinted to things that happened to the Big 3 and the next generation after the NJO.

MasterGhandalf likes this.
  7. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Not enough Sith? There are thousands of them and they are all menacing, even if they are not as skilled as Luke or even Jaina. Any one of them instead could have been used as typical villain fodder in this book, leaving Vestara the possibility of a future playmaker that could tip the balance either way. Being on the edge between two sides is what made her so compelling.

8. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    That's the problem, and we know Krayt's time belongs to Legacy Era.

9. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    What's your point? Vestara is nowhere near Luke or Jaina's power level, either.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    See, I'm nowhere near that optimistic either!

11. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    Am I the only one that wishes they would come up with a threat other than Sith?

12. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Considering people actually want Travvis back...

Yep. Declaration of Worst EU Book ever in 3...2...1...

13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I wanted Traviss back from the time she left...

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The news of the ST ruined all of that. I'm still hoping we get more stories in the current EU but not holding my breath. I love Legacy so I hope they would keep with it but I guess it doesn't matter now.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Golden and Allston decided with Denning that this would be Vestara's fate... as a lesson that you can't redeem everyone.

If it wasn't for the ST, I'd say they were setting Vestara up to be Ben's Lumiya as well as the main antagonist throughout his life.

16. LivingJediDream

Jul 7, 2010
    I thought Jacen died because you can't redeem everyone. I guess we need to get that point hammered over and over.

krtmd and Force Smuggler like this.
  17. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    In another parallel with his faher Ben has a half sister, from Paul Kemp's Riptide Grace, who Ben doesn't know about.
    of course with the ST, we may end the Post Rrrrrotj on a cliffhanger, unless Del Rey, and Dark Horse are planning a big event to close the current EU before the movies.

18. LivingJediDream

Jul 7, 2010
    I think if you want a satisfying conclusion to the existing EU, we have had a perfectly serviceable one for nearly ten years in The Unifying Force.

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    We can hope not.

20. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Was this a story that really needed to be told? Was there a giant rash of dark side redemptions in the past few years that somehow escaped our notice?

Further, why the hell did they think it's Star Wars to bring in a nature/nurture dichotomy and come up on the side of the former? I mean, the entire way they've been handling lightside/darkside stuff has had some pretty ugly connotations.

Jedi Ben and LivingJediDream like this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Eh, people'll get over it.
    To be fair, Denning created the character in the first place. At least he's trying to kill off his own characters before going back to killing off Zahn's other people's characters.

22. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Who will Denning kill off in his next book?

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Not going to make the obvious joke there....tempted, but no.

24. SHANEamazon

SHANEamazon Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2013
    As far as I know Billy Dee Williams hasn't been hired yet, so...........

25. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Just got the book via Fedex. Thanks Troy! 7 pages in...