main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Music of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Yes, that will be awesome. If Game of Thrones can release their OSTs for each season, TCW can too.

hlc88 likes this.
  2. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Yes, definitely. I really hope that Kiner tell us about one or more soundtrack releases for the music of the series.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Nothing really memorable about the soundtrack for TCW.

4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I disagree. I thought Season 5's sound track was actually pretty good for the most part.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    The music definitely improved as the show went on, especially with the last two seasons.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  7. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  8. Drawmaster1

Drawmaster1 Jedi Padawan

Jun 26, 2013
    In season five the percussion seems to be used alot.

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Seeing the two complete opposite ends of the series - Season One and Season Five. I am still annoyed that they kinda dropped the "A music piece for every planet" plan. There was kinda a theme for Abafar in S5, but Onderon I think never got a recognizable cue or theme. A theme like that of Rodia...

The music got strong again in Season Five. Season Four's music was meh at most of the times, but Season Five got to the level of Season One's music.
    The music during the Buzz Droid encounter was very good and the part with the Force theme was spot on. It felt like Star Wars music in that way.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    A rip from the epic duel between Darth Maul and Pre Vizsla:

"I challenge you, one warrior to another, and only the strongest shall rule Mandalore!"

11. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  12. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  13. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Dat awesome duel music. The remade Force theme is nice as well. Definitely detect a hint of the Imperial March in the Anakin vs. Barriss duel theme. Kiner really outdid himself in Season 5. This makes me want to obtain a clean, hopefully extended version of these tracks when the OST is released. Kiner, please release the soundtrack NAO! [face_praying]

14. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    So I know this thread is technically for music heard in TCW, but I've recently discovered brief, decent-quality rips of music from the Clone Wars microseries:

Since there is a five video limit, you can find a couple other videos on the same channel, simply the intro and outro music for the Battle of Muunilinst.

15. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Ugh, third post in a row in this thread... But the problem is, no one posts here except for me and Akash. :(

Mandalorian supercommando theme during the pursuit of Satine and the cadets

A longer, more complete version of the Sidious-Maul-Savage duel that Akash posted.

And as a bonus, trailer music for Savage Opress:

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    How 'bout this? I'll make sure to post a reactionary post any time one of you posts a video.

I'll react to the micro-series one- cool stuff!

:p No but seriously I always liked the music of the micro series. It used the Force theme well and sparingly, same with Vader's leitmotif. I always liked the theme for the Muunilinst 10 a lot.

17. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Haha, it's alright, Todd. I'm certainly not forcing you to post or anything. If you like the music, just use the "like" button or just ignore it, unless you really want to say something. I was just disappointed that I had to post multiple times in a row since double-posting is a pet peeve of mine. That's what the "Edit" function is for. In fact, the only threads where I've ever double posted in are this one and the Fanart thread. That's also why I try to post as many videos as I can in a single post, to avoid double-posting.

Anyway, here's more TCW music that I found:

A better quality rip of the "A Friend in Need" Death Watch battle theme I posted in the previous page (that was combined with the Eminence Death Watch theme):

And here's a compilation of miscellaneous Kiner themes throughout the show:

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Kiner's battle themes were great in retrospect. I wasn't a major fan of his at first, but by late Season 3-5ish he had gotten pretty darned good. He's got the war beat down pretty well and adds that epic choir in just the right places.

19. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah! This music is good! [​IMG]

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think that one has to be my favorite out of all of Kiner's scores.

22. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Listening to some of these soundtracks posted, I used to hate the music in TCW all the way up to Season 4.. Season 5 was incredible. The fact they used an actual orchestra was amazing.

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, pretty much all of my commentaries for S5 episodes mentioned the great music. I also hated the early music for the most part. Did nothing for me. Either Kiner came into his own or the use of an orchestra made a huge ****ing difference.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The music for The Wrong Jedi was ****ing awesome. That was the only thing about that episode that was awesome.