main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    That's the one.

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Enemy Unknown is all kinds of fun :)

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I guess I haven't given it a real chance yet. The tutorial was boring. :p

Also, here's a sign of the times if anything: I have a post on my fb newsfeed that consists of a pile of Hungarian, and the only thing I can make out are the words "X-men Wolverine."

4. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Warning from your future self to not watch it our it will cause you to suffer a stroke and only be able to communicate in Hungarian? [face_thinking]

5. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm pretty sure it'll be the SE, but surprisingly, the description doesn't specify.

eta. Actually, the description includes the years 1983/1997 - so I bet the SE.

It's a great line-up. They're showing Raiders in August. http://www.afi.com/silver/films/2013/p62/greatfilmsofthe80s.aspx

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oof. That's rough. On one hand, it's got Imperial Center, which is awesome. On the other hand, they got rid of Yub Nub. And really -- how can you have ROTJ without Yub Nub?

MercenaryAce and jSarek like this.
  7. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Yeah, I'll always prefer the OOT, but of all the changes Lucas made, ROTJ pains me the least TBH. I suppose it's because it's my least favorite of the OT films.

eta. Also, it's Harrison Ford's birthday, so why not celebrate by seeing his worst performance in a SW film. :p well, to date anyway

8. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

9. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Gorefiend - oh, I've had the pleasure. I refuse to call the holiday special a SW film, as *fantastic* as it is.;)

10. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Agreed. The Holiday Special isn't a film. It's an experience.

11. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I don't recommend watching it without using Rifftrax(tm), as your brain might melt.

Or, you can do what I did, which was be six years old. In the pre-Internet, pre-DVD era, you took what you could get. (And, in all fairness to the Holiday Special, shows like that were pretty common at the time. Did I mention that the 70s were awful?)

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Remember the days when nobody cared what was and wasn't canon?

14. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Nope. As early as the Marvel comics, fans were sending in angry letters ripping one of the issues apart for contradicting Splinter of the Mind's Eye :p

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Really?

16. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Yeah, some people had a problem that in the Marvel comics, Leia knew how to swim and Luke didn't, where in SOTME it was the other way around. Kinda funny that once upon a time that was the biggest canon issue...

17. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Why on earth would Luke know how to swim? For that matter, why wouldn't Leia? This does not encourage me to read that book.

18. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I stopped reading the Marvel series because of the infamous "Lando falling to the surface of Bespin".

[morbo]GAS GIANTS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY![/morbo]

Also, I refused to read the Han and Lando books because I far as I could tell, they weren't really part of Star Wars universe.

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Your canon is a sad canon if it's berift of drugged-Lando-tied-to-a-cactus-singing-about-bantha-bees.

In fact, I shall sing you the song right now. You are not a true fan until you hear this wonderful little ditty.

The bantha is a shaggy beast, although it has no hair...
    Its feathers are unique, at least, because they aren't there....
    Hee, bee, bee, bee, bee!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm going to refrain from posting the rest. You can um.... read the book or something.

20. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Somehow, I remembered that scene and his frostbitten feet that needed to be dunked into a mini-bacta tank, but forgot that majestic song.

21. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    How Star Wars is thriving in print and Crucible go together is beyond my ability to comprehend.

AdmiralWesJanson and CooperTFN like this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

Holy ****. That was a real excerpt? :eek:

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Royal baby to be born any second now.

Really hope it's not an inconvenient moment like when I'm out tomorrow, or when I'm asleep.

edit: krtmd did you see folks in costume? The X-wing pilot is a friend of mine.

24. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Oh, no, I've read the Lando series. I own the Lando series in the compilation paperback. When I was kid is when I didn't acknowledge them. Which is a shame, since Han Solo and the Lost Legacy is the introduction to my favoritest place in the Star Wars universe.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Why Jello, I had no idea you were interested in celebrity babies :p

jSarek likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.