main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    :mad:

You will wish your death were instant!

Point Given and jSarek like this.
  2. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Almost. I pulled out my copy to double-check, and the "Hee, bee, bee, bee, bee, bee" part has no bees in it; it's just a giggle composed of multiple "hee"s. Methinks someone ::::eyes Coffee:::: might be working from a digital copy made with subpar optical character recognition.

The part in the song that involves a bee comes later.

3. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    He only likes the ones from celebrities who are celebrities because of who THEY were born to, like Kardashians, Hiltons, and Windsors.

:p

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'll j your Sarek!! :mad:

jSarek likes this.
  5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    You are a monster.
    You are both monsters.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You, sir, are the monster if you hate Yub Nub.

7. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  8. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Yub Nub isn't a bad piece of music all in itself- though its influences are ridiculously transparent and personally take me right out of the movie (though for whatever reason the clear Jazz influences from the Cantina song doesn't bother me)- but it's utterly inappropriate as an ending theme to a trilogy. I'm a fan of the way the "Victory Celebration" was able to work the original Yub Nub into the new composition- while making it a bit more subtle- and capping it off with a theme that actually feels like an ending, something that doesn't feel completely triumphant or solemn, but something in between.

The Ewoks were one of the bigger problems of ROTJ. No need to highlight them more than you have to by giving them the damn ending [face_batting]

9. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Few of you apparently know that Yub Nub, as simple as it's lyrics are, tells us in detail what the Ewoks have and will do to stormtrooper corpses. Cutting off their heads to use as instruments is just the beginning.

And GrandAdmiralJello, can't you just tell her to hold it while you are asleep?

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The song's actually a lot longer....[face_plain]

Honestly I've never quite understood the love for the Yub Nub version... it makes me think of the Holiday Special for some reason. And floating Wookiees.[face_worried]

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like Yub Nub, it's one of my favorite tracks on any of the OT scores. But I've never understood all the Ewok hate or the widespread opinion that ROTJ was the worst OT movie due to Ewoks either. I mean, they set a trap and caught Chewie, they worshipped 3PO, and they kicked stormtrooper ass and then used their helmets as drums. :p

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I mean RotJ also has that space battle. The SFX in the PT were nothing compared to an actually intriguing battle that isn't just background for some dialogue.

CT-867-5309, jSarek, krtmd and 3 others like this.
  13. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    ROTJ was my favorite for a long time, though I recently switched to ANH. Never got the love for Empire Strikes Back myself, and rate it lower than ATOC personally.

....And opinions like that is why I mostly stick to talking about the EU.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like ESB but I rate it lower than AOTC as well.

ROTJ is my favorite, with ROTS at the bottom.

15. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Oh, I wish I had known that. She gave me a thumbs-up when I was taking pics. I'll post some in a minute.

It was a blast, and was interesting to see what folks cheered and clapped for. Ackbar, of course, got big applause both upon appearance and and "It's a trap".

As for the film, it was a pretty poor quality print in some places - definitely SE, but pre-PT because it was not Hayden in the force appearance at the end. People clapped for that as well. :p OTOH, it sounded amazing and my kids were blown away by that aspect of seeing it in a theater.

16. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    GrandAdmiralJello - here's your friend. Also, be nice - that's my daughter (the brunette) and her friend (the redhead) with Vader. (eta. not that Jello wouldn't be nice - that was more a request for everyone - not that you're all not nice.... I'll just shut up now...)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    krtmd -- I didn't know until she posted on Facebook, after the fact.

Anyway kids + Vader always meet with my approval, so niceness is guaranteed. :)

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

krtmd likes this.
  19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Havac !!! YOU GOT YOUR TRUE FACE BACK!

20. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Maybe if it were an ordinary womb, but this is a Womb of Destiny. There will be no holding back.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  21. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I thought it would be hard to find because I had no idea what it was from, but actually it's the Japanese cover of The Cestus Deception and it was very easy to find. The original icon was slightly edited -- the lightsaber tip in the corner was photoshopped out by extending the yellow, and the image was slightly more yellow-tinted in general -- and I didn't crop it exactly the same, but, yeah. It's back.

22. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I miss Roger.

krtmd likes this.
  23. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Will it upset Havac that I have a thing for Roger?

I enjoyed seeing his face around here.

24. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Everyone has a thing for Roger Sterling. He's Roger Sterling.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I do not like this icon. He is glaring at me. I feel as if I have done something wrong, but I don't know what it is, and Kenobi is about to shake his head in disapproval of my inability to figure it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.