main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    posted and feel free to do some character building while we're in hyperspace :D

next stop Port Haven.

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Sith-I-5 how far out is the DD?

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Less than two hours now.

I'm happy to revert her within at Port Haven whenever. Your character can be catching some shut-eye when we emerge, so if you want to post now, you can have your character going and getting some rest.

4. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Working on it now ;)

EDIT: waiting on confirmation of a specific detail once I have that I will be posting. thank you everyone for your patience in my absence.

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    looking forward to it Mac :D

6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    And I am back [face_dancing]

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Nice dream sequence, and post.

Yav's ship is not one that shares information between bridge and crew all the time, so quite possible that Xan thinks / thought DD was on its way to meet the Mercs.

8. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Or that he was having a vision of the future where he had already lived the event of the DD meeting up with the Mercs o_O

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_dancing] welcome back [:D]

great post Mac :D I have a feeling when Fress and Josch finally meet up, it'll be clear on who the other in the dream is I bet ;)

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Even if he had lived through meeting up with the Mercs, if he knew that was not why the ship was going to Port Haven, his "memory" would not be of it going there to meet the Mercs. Just that they happened to be there.

11. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Who's to say that he doesn't learn that?

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Whimy stuff mate ;)

12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    let it go Sith, visions don't have to be completely accurate ;)

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
  14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    curious though, whats the plan once we get out of hyperspace and realize the blockaide is there? Do we instantly put in a call to the Jod military for backup?

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I don't know the range of an interdictor's gravity wells, but these are the steps as I see them.

1. Emerge from hyperspace a little bit EARLIER than intended since encountering the gravity well should cause all visiting ships to make an emergency reversion.

2. Sensors detect the Interdictor April Dancer, a 600 metre Imperial warship, and perhaps notice she is the source of the gravity well, and why no-one's hyperdrive is working. Might also detect the Lancer-class frigate, Hard Eight, which got brought out of hyperspace, same way we did, and is just hanging around watching.

3. Port Haven is only the third planet, towards the centre of a seven world star system, so if we do detect the blockade around Port Haven, it will be via long range scan, compared to the interdictor. An Imperial Star Destroyer has the sensor range to cover an entire star system, so up to you if your freighters and starfighters can match an ISD's range.

4. The DD's only objective will likely be to disable the April Dancer so we can escape, since we, apart from Mac, don't know there are any Mercs here.

5. Fress' team, coming in on a rescue mission, will likely either stand off and try to call the Mercs, or sublight past/around the April Dancer on the way to Port Haven, and then encounter the main Imperial presence.

6. Time-wise, I suppose my lot will reach the system before your lot, so there may be a fight going on by time you all arrive.

Kommando, fantastic post. Really well written.

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, stupid internet! [face_beatup] The internet where I am staying has been down. Its just come back up. Let me catch up on college homework (only a day behind) and I'll get a post up ASAP. Thanks all! :)

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Falcon, does Fress ever have visions of the future? Or to put it another way, when she has her visions, can she always tell whether it is past / current / future?

If she decides to call for Jod backup, would it be on the basis of knowing for certain that Lasso is already there, and in trouble, because if it was a vision from the future, she could call the cavalry in, only for Lasso to turn up later and ask what everyone is fighting about.

I know Lasso is already on the planet, I am talking about what Colias can tell from a Force vision, and how much effort and resource she can call on, based on it.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Take your time, we're just lost in the jungle anyway. :p

[​IMG]

JediFalcon likes this.
  19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    She already had two visions of Lasso being in danger.That is the reason why she pulled everyone out of smugglers run sooner then expected. Yes it would be based on her knowledge that Lasso is already neck deep in trouble.

Should she just call Jod before readjusting her jump to Port Haven? Would that be okay?

20. kommando104

kommando104 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2013
    Thanks Sith.

As for the plan once Fress's group gets in system, maybe the few Merc forces that will be arriving in the system could hold the line/take out April Dancer until KoJ can get to the system, the combined forces drive a wedge into the blockade and the Mercs planet side make a getaway. I don't know how long it would take the KoJ forces to get into the system, or if they would even come. At least that's my assessment. The only other route I see is a big distraction battle involving the inbound Mercs and potential KoJ force in which the Mercs planet side can sneak through the Imperial blockade.

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    JOD can be thereTwenty minutes tops, Bravo came up with the idea with red space which takes a fraction of the time it takes for a regular ship to make the jump. Making the call before getting to Port Haven would be best since Fress already knows they will be going in hot. Having backup arrive at the sametime would lean more towards their favor in being successful in their rescue mission

Bravo, Sith-I-5

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Brain block last night. :( I will get a post up ASAP. :)

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    As long as Fress has the comm codes to the Jod, which she should since we're working with them now, then yes, its okay. :)

Correct.

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I should be able to get to tags by this weekend or Monday. I'm sorry for the delay. :( Things are finally starting to normalize somewhat, to where I'm slowly getting back on routine.

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    posted :D