main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Sounds pretty serious. Hopefully being able to work part time will help.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    You know, I don't think I like a weather report that forecasts "dangerous heat" for the rest of this week.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't like weather forecasts that make the heat out to be good. There's nothing good about being too hot to move, dehydration, heat stroke, sunburn, and other sun related problems. [face_plain]

Juliet316 and Iverna like this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    At times like these I remember back when I was getting a new furnace and ducts in the home and the HVAC guy said, "If you are thinking about putting in central air this is the time to do it. It will cost you a lot more later on down the line."

And my husband said, "This is Northern Michigan. It doesn't get hot in the summers."

So it is 90 degrees outside and as I am sweating in my un-air conditioned house I keep telling myself. "This is Northern Michigan...it doesn't get hot in the summers."

Juliet316 and Iverna like this.
  5. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Can't rely on that anymore I'm afraid. The weather is chaning erraticaly due to global warming.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Boston is currently in its third heat wave of the summer. It's 94 degrees but feels like 98. :( I keep not buying a window air conditioner thinking this wont keep happening... and then it does.

I'm at work today so at least that's 12 hours of air conditioning, though I have the assignment I HATE ( I'll admit, I said some not nice words when I found out) so that kinda weighs down the niceness of the AC. I'd rather swelter than have this assignment.

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    It's been hovering around a nice 22 degrees here (72 f). However, I fly out on Thursday for my thing and it's like a constant 35 C there (95 F). I may actually die. There's a reason I life in the artic - I LIKE it cold. And here I was hoping to wear pants the entire time to cover up my tattoos.

8. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    It's been hovering near 100 F here in sunny southern California for weeks now. Uh! I hate it.

9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Probably 100 here. But its Texas so I shouldn't expect any less.

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Our landlord insists that our AC is fixed. Every one of us dripping sweat 24/7 disagrees. I don't think any one of us has used hot water in the shower in a week.

11. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    What's better to cool down?

Swimming pool, or Ice cream?

12. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Ice cream!

It's about 35 C (Google tells me 95 F) with a humidex over 40 right now, and supposed to be like this until the end of the week. I like heat, but this is ridiculous.

13. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Swimming pool!!!!

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ice cream after a cold shower.

15. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Just saw an article quoting the Vancouver coroner's office stating that Cory Monteith's death was due to a mix of alcohol and heroin which were found in his system. Such a waste of a young life.

16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Sadly that sort of stuff his happening more and more these days.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Get out of the swimming pool, get a big bowl of ice cream and eat it in front of a window air conditioner on full blast.

I was sweating in my house today and then I realized...I live on the shore of a lake. So my boys and I went out to play in the water. We just got a kayak and I went to get into it and flipped it over dumping me into the lake. I then have to get all the water out of it and I try again and I flip into the water again. Meanwhile my kids are screaming, "Epic fail, Mom!"

Finally they held the stupid kayak while I got in. After paddling around a little I decided it wasn't for me. So I went for the floating lawn chair. That's more my speed.

[​IMG]

I saw this on the internet and cracked up at the Star Wars reference.

Draconarius and JediMaster_Jen like this.
  18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm gonna say swimming pool for cooling down. If I had a pool, I'd probably be living in it at the moment. I've been taking cool showers and yesterday I took a cold bath just so I could be comfortable for a little while.

Jedi_Lover - I love that little sailboat! :D We had a small-ish sailboat when I was growing up and my brother and I would take the mast out of it, flip it over and play king of the hill in the water. We did sail some too, but there was never a ton of wind so it was a bit difficult.

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My husband built it for my son. It is perfect for kids.

mavjade likes this.
  20. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Very cool. :)

21. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Been dealing with a headache all day. I'll blame it on the heat. Of course, since it's been so muggy, Mabel's been wanting more cuddles.

Yes, just want I want to do when I'm all hot and sticky; cuddle a warm, furry cat.

22. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    So, the next SW book coming out is...Kenobi. I'm all up for reading it. How about you guys?

I know we've probably talked about it before but now that, August is coming up... *is excited*

23. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Ooh, I do like Obi-Wan so I might pick that up. Is it part of a series or a one off? I mean, will I have to read anything else first?

Still don't like the weather as it's still too hot. I've started walking the puppy in the morning now as it gets crazy hot in the afternoon.

24. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I'm from Los Angeles, but just before the heat wave hit, I ended up in Transylvania where it has been a lovely 70-85 degrees. Okay, so the couple of days last week where we were out in the hot sun digging kind of sucked, but it's been pretty tolerable for the most part.

I'd pick ice cream, probably. I don't know -- I used to love to swim as a kid, but lately (as in the last couple of years) I just haven't been feeling it. It's kind of sad; I wish I knew what turned me off of swimming...

25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I don't believe so. It takes place with obi wan on tatooine after the ending of Sith

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.