main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    HOMER BAILEY

DarthTunick likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    First no-hitter Dusty Baker has ever managed. That's surprising, purely due to his longevity.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    That's Bailey second no no right? Didn't he no hit the Pirates last season?

4. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    YES INDEEDY

DarthTunick likes this.
  5. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
  6. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Apparently it's the former as the Cubs are set to sign the #1 16-year old available.

Amazing.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Puig hits a wall (literally), left the game vs Rockies

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    He came back out to the dugout later in the game. Sports Center is all over it like the guy lost his leg.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    According to ESPN, Jeter's cleared to play and is heading to Triple A for rehab.

10. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
  11. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    So they're doing the final 5 voting and Yasiel Puig is the odds on favorite in the NL. The AL meanwhile is a vote among 5 right-handed setup men. Feel the excitement.

Amazing.

12. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Pirates need to get a W and end the mini-skid.

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Fo real. Please god DFA Inge and option the Fort to the minors. Bring up Sanchez and one of the infielders actually hitting in the minors. Barmes and Inge in the same lineup are basically forfeiting.

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    So the A's pretty much own the NL Central. 4 loses in a row for the Pirates. Not feeling good about this week. They need to stop the bleeding and right away.

15. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  16. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    When Chris Davis lets go with his top hand his swing looks exactly like Josh Hamilton's.

Amazing.

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

A most satisfactory way to complete the sweep in Phoenix*: Ramirez & (AJ) Ellis hitting back-to-back home run's in the top of 14th. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :D 15-3 since June 22nd, 7-2 on this road trip, back at .500, their season (thus far) completely turned around. Despite Kemp being back on the DL (it's going to end up being a lost season for him I'm afraid), this good fortune for the Bums (which hopefully includes their trade for Ricky Nolasco) is simply exhilarating.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/allstar13/story/_/id/9471111/freddie-freeman-steve-delabar-elected-all-star-game{/URL}]Freeman/Delabar[/url] elected to ASG, Puig is not

Doesn't bother me at all.

*[​IMG]

Intriguing. :p

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I wish I could add the Benny Hill theme to this. Good eye, Rajai Davis.

[​IMG]

19. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Cripes. He'd have been better served using a sand wedge.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Glad that the Buccos got a W tonight. A few strange decisions from Hurdle and some poor control in the 10th kept things interesting. Great crowd tonight.

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    They are still hitting miserably with runners in scoring position. The Bucco's seem to live and die by the long ball.

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    So the Bums may have split* their 4 games series with Colorado to end the first half of the season, but to be at .500 at the All Star break (considering how dire things were merely a month ago) is a great thing. A bit of rest should do this team some good... I'm eagerly anticipating to see how (DUH) they do for the next 2+ months.

*Saturday afternoon's game was the highlight of this series: the Bums won 1-0 (the run being scored in the 1st inning I might add), while Greinke pitched a CG, 2 hit shutout... Tyler Chatwood was just as impressive for Colorado: a CG (8 innings of course) for him, while only allowing that 1 run & just giving up 4 hits.

This got me to chuckle during the game:

[​IMG].

That would be one Burt Sugarman, an infrequent regular in those 1st row seats right behind home plate... now, logically, he was wearing the hat that way to block out the sun, but why just resort to that logic? :p It's humorous to think he just didn't give a **** how the hat looked on his head.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    god, the all-star game is boring. it is slightly humorous in light of jc events though to see "asg" plastered everywhere.

DarthTunick and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Has Prince Fielder ever ran that fast before? And why did they haul out Neil Diamond to sing 'Sweet Caroline'? This isn't Fenway Park.

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Fielder is still out of breathe. Haven't they been doing Sweet Caroline all over the place as a nod to the Boston bombing victims?