main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2013 3 3/4" Black Series

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
  2. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Knowing Hasbro, a little while after torryn far's single card release, shell show in some new Hoth officer multipack that would consist of probably Rieekan, Berlin, at least one old Power of the Jedi both droid like K3PO and Torryn of course.

3. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Really looking forward to Toryn Farr. This figure has been on my wish-list since the POTF2 days. And, yes, I agree with the last post: I believe that the TF Black series carded release will be short-packed and extremely HTF. Then, once collectors complain for a while about not being able to find this, the figure will be re-released in a battle-pack with some other Hoth figures.

The big question here is: Will the TF carded version come with a chair & console (or at least a chair)?!

4. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
  5. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    I'll definitely be getting Mara Jade, Pablo Jill, and Luminara Unduli - fantastic sculpts. I'm especially looking forward to PJ, since I missed the previous version that came out close to 10 years ago - IIRC, this was quite HTF at the time.

Ani501st likes this.
  6. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
  7. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
  8. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    In an interview from CE2 with a German site, Hasbro said that the 41st clone would be fixed. Since we've seen carded pictures with the wrong deco, though, I'm not sure if I believe that it will.

9. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    We never know with Hasbro but if they said it we can have hope :)

10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm just waiting for that Toryn Farr figure.

11. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    I think Toryn Farr is for wave 1 2014.
    Wave 1 2013 is August, Wave 2 will probably be september-october and wave 3 will probably the last of 2013 so november-december.

12. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I posted this over in the 6" thread as well. Some new Black Series figures were revealed at CE2, both scales. In the 3 3/4" scale they revealed....

Darth Plagueis
    Commander Neyo
    Vizam
    Mace Windu

Hando likes this.
  13. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Saw some Black Series figures at my local Wal-mart today. Didn't buy any, yet, but I ogled them for a bit, heavily considering adding a scout trooper to my collection. I was just happy to finally see some new figures at my local Wal-mart.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Been ages since I've seen a new figure locally.

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Finally found the 3 3/4" lines at retail today. Picked up the Luke Throne Room. Overall this is a pretty weak wave in person IMO.

16. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Merumeru confirmed yeaaaaaah !

17. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
  18. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Ugh, all those clone figures. Eight! That's just way too many. On paper at least, this line of far is beyond boring. I can't see myseld buying anything but the Yavin Luke, a Biker Scout (which I don't have yet for some reason) and possibly Toryn Farr.

19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Hasbro has been on a 10+ year Clone kick haven't they? I sort of figured after the end of The Clone Wars animated series we'd see them ease off a bit, but nope. It makes sense though I suppose. They likely remain popular with kids, and Hasbro can re-use those molds over and over; a new paint scheme here, a new weapon there and suddenly Commander Cody becomes Sgt. Applewood or whatever.

Having seen this first wave in person it is pretty dull. Same for the newly re-branded Legends line. Not sure this is what was needed to re-spark the line at retail. It may come down to how the 6" series does.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Don't forget the army builders - that sells a lot of troops..

JUKE-SKYWALKER likes this.
  21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Great point!

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  23. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Personally I buy every clone figure that Hasbro make, not all for army build but at least one of each.

24. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013

I'm doing this now, still a lot to go though...right now I'm working on getting all the Republic Commando figures they've made.

Anyways this whole line looks awesome...was planning on ordering a few but had to make some unexpected car repairs...oh well.

25. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    The first (current) wave of TBS figures in stores is somewhat dull, IMHO; most are re-resculpts (i.e., figures that have been made at least twice before since POTF2). That being said, the figures are selling well, and there are never that many on the shelves. Bodes well for the future of the line.

Looking forward to Toryn Farr, Pablo Jill (only been made once before, and never got this since he was so HTF), Mara Jade (great character & nice outfit), and Luminara Unduli.