main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Would you like mostly new music or more established music?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ScorpionJedi, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, that was definitely Zam's speeder. When she punches it the sound gets louder and higher-pitched; when she slows down the sound goes down in pitch. It's not an electric.

2. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Electric guitar tremelo harmonics were used as the sound effect for Zam's speeder, but there is also a shredding guitar solo in the soundtrack dialed pretty low in the mix; either it didn't make it into the film or it's very hard to notice but it exists.

Kicks in at 3:17

Additional citiation:

Sean Sinclair and Episode Swag like this.
  3. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Well, after I, II and III, i think it would be nice to hear a more simple and adventurous Soundtrack with some of the classic themes. Just like IV.

I think a variation of the Thone Room Title would be nice too.

taaaaa taa ta ta ta taaaaa taa ta ta ta ta... [face_whistling]

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Okay. I just listened to that...total mind blow!

Although, despite that citation video, the sound for Zam's speeder is MUCH different than the guitar solo played in the video above. I think it's important to distinguish the two from eachother.

I am SURE that is NOT in the movie!! Considering how close of attention I pay to music in movies, (as well as with everything else), I would have DEFINATELY noticed something like that! That is honestly the first time I have heard it.

I will acknowledge one thing: I suppose it IS possible it was in the mix for the original theatrical release, but they could have muted out the guitar in the digital version, (which is also the DVD and blu-ray versions). Out of the 4 or 5 times I saw AOTC, at least 2 or 3 of them was in digital, which means I may have only seen it with the guitar the first time or two, and just not noticed it yet...So I will acknowledge that could be the case...but I just checked-the electric guitar is definately NOT in the blu-ray.

And a good thing, too! Don't get me wrong, metal is great. But this is Star Wars, not an Ozzy Osborne video!! :p

If that were in the movie, I'd consider it VERY out of place. opinions, of course-opinions...

5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    FRAGWAGON likes this.
  6. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I play electric guitar and I know exactly how to make Zam's speeder sound effect. It's more difficult than simply "running your fingers up and down the strings" as the Star Wars Facts dude puts it, and you need special types of features on your guitar, but it's easy if you know how it works. The chase scene music is largely percussive, but features flutes (because a flute was in the mix for Anakin's speeder), so I assume the guitar in the soundtrack was meant to musically represent Zam's speeder. Again, I have no clue where or if the solo happens on the score of the actual film or not.

Guitars or not, this is the kind of behind-the-scenes stuff I love hearing about.

7. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    3:18 and 5:12 on the Zam and the Assassin and the Chase through Coruscant.

AOTC Soundtrack. In a couple parts.

8. Dark-Vador1138

Dark-Vador1138 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm sure they are gonna keep doing what they did until now which is to use most of the existing themes and add 2-3 themes to each episode, with one of the themes being the definate "new" theme and having some sort of media exposure like they did with "Duel of the Fates" "Across the Stars" and "Battle of the Heroes"

9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yes, per the video clip provided above.

The soundtrack is not the film. I fully acknowledge and can clearly hear that the electric guitar is in the soundtrack, obviously... but it is not in the film-that is what we're talking about here...

10. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I thought it was well-established that the soundtrack album and the actual movie composition were two different things. The guitar is in the mix recorded with John Williams. The sound of the speeder was done by Ben Burtt. Burtt made it sound musical but it is not the same guitar. I think this was mentioned in the DVD's commentary.

11. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    The force theme is a must

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  12. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    I would like normal JW style, new scores with hints or nods to the others scores where appropriate.

Sarge and Echo-07 like this.
  13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Couldn't have said it better.

14. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    A kazoo playing "Turkey In The Straw" nonstop. All three films. Straight up.

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    You know why ROTS was the better of the three prequels? Well, one of the reasons is because it had more of the OT music and therefore the feel of the OT. So, yeah, I want more of the traditional music, but mostly the OT themes.

16. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I'd like it if the film started off with using John Williams a lot during the opening scenes, but then transition into newer material as the film progresses. That would help cement the Star Wars feel and would allow for new music

17. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I really hope to hear the return of Luke and Leia's theme. It was always my favorite for some reason.

18. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    As long as the music isn't some electronica or dub-step crap... I am cool.

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  19. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    That just gave me a terrible idea....

Justin Bieber scoring Episode VII.

That's not even funny to joke about

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Use Main Theme

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Get out. [face_shame_on_you]

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Uhhh that movie didn't fail....

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    John Williams is back!!!

Force Smuggler and Lord Optimus like this.
  24. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    John Williams on scoring Episode VII

25. TheCIS

TheCIS Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 21, 2013
    HE'S HEREE!