main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga LEAST favorite SW character

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jennysolo, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    But at least JarJar was only in TPM as a major character.....

2. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Only cause fans complained so much that Lucas pretty much wrote him out of Episode II & III. ;)

3. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Most definitely Episode I "little Ani". And then Jar Jar.

OT probably agree with 3PO but thats because of that Daniels fella. ;)

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's already a thread in the Saga forum for least favourite in both the OT and PT.

Given that this is the Classic forum- shouldn't examples given be restricted to OT ones? Either that, or merge the threads.

5. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    palpatine aka the emperor

6. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Favorite: Han Solo in A New Hope and Empire.

Least favorite: Han Solo in Return of the Jedi. Completely wasted character.

Carbon1985 likes this.
  7. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    The French-dubbed C-3PO.

8. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    The diner owner in AOTC. What a cgi'd stereotype. Whole part makes me mad sometimes. I knows he's been around in the EU and stuff but it seems so...forced (pun intended)

Sarge and Carbon1985 like this.
  9. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Hard to argue with those points.

10. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    PT: Watto, and i don't hate grievous but he was a disappointment after all the Clone Wars miniseries at the time made him out to be.
    OT:Weequay Guards. There's already Gammoreans which are way more fun, and Hasbro releases a Weequay action figure every year it seems so it's like, oh, i hope i can find that one character! Nope, there's just Weequay guards. Because no one wants to buy them, because they're boring and ugly. I didn't realize how much i despised them until right now.

11. Vladimir777

Vladimir777 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2013

I'm going to have to agree with your answers. I have no clue what the big deal about Boba Fett is. He wasn't even a big part of the original movies, but obviously was a fan favorite, which is why his back-story was included in the PT (at least in my opinion).

12. Vladimir777

Vladimir777 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2013

Yeah, he's one of my favorite characters! (See my avatar.) Salacious Crumb is friggin' hilarious, plus he looks awesome. Love the tuft coming out of the top of his head. I wish I had a Kowakian monkey-lizard as a pet.

13. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Wow, I'm surprised to see Han and Chewie being mentioned considerably in this thread, they're my favorites.
    Guess that's another thing to show you how diverse we Star Wars fans can be.

My least favorite character from the Classic Trilogy? Bib Fortuna.

14. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Despite the fact that he is painfully annoying, I actually think he played an important role in developments in the Phantom Menace. After all, he led Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan into the hidden city of Otah Gunga where they could get a transport to Naboo and therefore rescuing the (decoy) Queen and other prominent leaders. This meant that the Trade Federation would lose its grip on Naboo. And if Jar-Jar did not exist then Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon would not have found the city of Otah Gunga (Qui-Gon reacted questioningly when Jar-Jar even mentioned it) and thus would have remained stranded in the forests of Naboo, perhaps eventually taken hostage by droids or even killed. This in turn would mean that they would not go to Tatooine and Anakin Skywalker would not have been found which practically means the rest of the Prequels along with all of the Original films would not exist at all...and whatever way you look at it, even if Palpatine went to Tatooine and picked up Anakin himself, the Star Wars universe would have progressed very differently from that moment on...Also, I think Jar-Jar stood in for Padme at the Senate in Attack of the Clones when she was on Naboo with Anakin, and made an announcement relating to Palpatine, so that too seems quite significant.

15. Michael McKean

Jun 5, 2013
    That guy's a little legend. His life depended on amusing Jabba at least once a day, otherwise Jabba would kill him...

16. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    PT Obi Wan Kenobi
    His stupid one liners made him almost unbearable in ROTS

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    C-3PO in the OT was amazing!

18. Stormtrooper Dave

Stormtrooper Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2013
    First post here.

Least favorite character by a mile is Jar Jar Binks.

19. Stormtrooper Dave

Stormtrooper Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2013
    Jar Jar Binks. So cartoonish.

20. Michael McKean

Jun 5, 2013
    Anakin in the Phantom Menace.

21. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    PT-Padme, Portman is ok in TPM but she seems like she is just going through the motions in the other two films, Young Boba
    OT-Tagge,JerrJerrod(why couldn't Piett have been promoted to that spot it would have given him more screen time in ROTJ) and Doctor Eravazan(the guy whos says to luke, He doesn't like you)
    EU-Ima gunnadie(I mean really I know it is a cartoon but that name is dumb), Kyp Durron, Rosh Penin(from the Jedi Academy game), The mortis celestial things(including Abeloth who was tied into them during the legacy of the force book series), and Young Tenel Ka in the Young Jedi Knights series(she is such a mary sue in that series though she is a lot better of a character as an adult.)

22. Shadow_imperium

Shadow_imperium Jedi Master

May 14, 2004
    General Dodonna - IT'S PRONOUNCED LAY-AH, NOT LEE-AH! She's only one of the most important person in your cause, get it right old man.

23. Shadow_imperium

Shadow_imperium Jedi Master

May 14, 2004
  24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Grievous. Just never bought into his shtick.

DarthDuckie and Sarge like this.
  25. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Nute Gunray - terrible character, terrible dialogue...............just awful really. Especially AotC in the arena!!

Sarge likes this.