main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comic-Con, CE, and D23 News Thread - The Expanded Universe, the Sequel Trilogy, and other stuff!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Jul 19, 2013.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, LOTS of us would have snapped up an epic 9-book Old Republic series.... Then they changed their minds, idiots.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    King Adas novel please!

3. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    It's a core world/outer rim thing, isn't it, the british and american accents...

"Battle droids?" - "No..."

Only cube cities...

That would have to be a flashforward, since that scene wouldn't be a long time ago, would it.

KamSolusar likes this.
  4. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    That was really the turning point in Del Rey's publishing strategy, IMO. Imagine if LOTF established an Old Republic setting sometime like 3,000 BBY and post-NJO became a nesting ground for Timothy Zahn and Paul Kemp trilogies.

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd also like a Marka Ragnos novel and a Freedon Nadd novel!

Apophis_ and Shadow Trooper like this.
  6. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    So, wait. Why has nobody mentioned this yet?

"Star Wars: Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown, coming in August, will tell the story of middle school by a new character writing and doodling."

One, a doodling character - that's a new one. Two - "Jedi Academy" is one of those terms that has a funny connection to post-ROTJ EU...

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It had its own thread a month or two back, do try and keep up old boy! :)

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Two terms that need to banned from post-ROTJ EU titles are "Jedi Academy" and "Dark".

Lazy Storm Trooper, anakinfansince1983, Why did this thread die when I posted my Old Republic era ideas?

9. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Wow, that's a lazy Solo novel cover. I know they can sometimes recognize talent, as the Scoundrels cover was great, but guess for a Big Three novel they're just going for the most basic form.

Not sure no news is good news under these circumstances. Usually these Comic-cons are a lot more eventful.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Generally, yeah. I'm still trying to imagine how the panel went down.

"Thank you all for coming here. As you know, we have Kenobi, Maul: Lockdown and some Rebels books coming out. Here's the cover to the Han Solo one. That's all, thanks for coming!"

11. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    This. and I want a Naga Sadow novel also.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Any mention of The Essential Characters?

LivingJediDream (had to ask someone, and you seem to be an active poster)

13. LivingJediDream

Jul 7, 2010
    Well, to be fair, the panel wasn't set up to announce new products like the Dark Horse one.

Writer’s Studio: Behind the Scenes with Star Wars Authors – 12:00 p.m. Room 7AB
    Hear a variety of authors talk about the rewards and challenges of writing Star Wars, whether it’s through novels, making-of nonfiction, or cartoons. New York Times bestselling authors Jeffrey Brown, Troy Denning, John Jackson Miller, and J. W. Rinzler, as well as editors Frank Parisi of Random House and Jennifer Heddle of Lucasfilm, will participate in a roundtable discussion on writing in the galaxy far, far away. Emceed by Lucasfilm Holocron keeper Leland Chee.

Compare that to the description of the Dark Horse event:

Star Wars Comics: Here and Now – 10:00 a.m. Room 7AB
    What is the current state of Star Wars comics? Join Dark Horse editor Randy Stradley and Star Wars creators Carlos D’Anda, Corinna Bechko, Gabriel Hardman, Doug Wheatley, Gabe Eltaeb, Tom Taylor, Zack Giallongo, and others for the lowdown on what’s up, what’s coming up, and why you should be reading!

14. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    So after reading all this, all we know is that to date, nothing concrete has been revealed, and we have about nine pages of speculation that's all full of hot air. I could say they're full of something else, but I don't want the mods to ban me.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, LivingJediDream, I saw that description and had a sinking feeling there'd be few announcements. I guess we're just spoiled because they almost always use SDCC and NYCC to announce new stuff.

16. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Oh! My Dear little star wars fans. Thank you for your coming.

AVGN: You do not disappoint.

17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    MAKE IT REX

18. LivingJediDream

Jul 7, 2010
  19. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Where in canon should Star Wars meets Phineas and Ferb fit?

we'll actually have earth in Star Wars, and since Phineas, and Ferb meet the Avengers first, does that mean we'll actually get a Star Wars/Avengers crossover?

20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So, really, I'm only disappointed that Stover and Luceno weren't announced to be working on anything. I couldn't care less about SotJ, no Denning is good news (!!!!), and the rest is all a bit irrelevant, in my mind.

Dark Horse is really where my SW interest derives from at the moment, and as long as they're continuing the good work, I'm still a fan. Any word on a follow up to A Spark Remains, though I should be glad that we're getting two arcs of Dark Times in a single year already. [face_coffee] I wonder who the person from Legacy 1.0 who is appearing in Legacy 2.0 is....

21. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Stover's supposedly quietly going about writing Imperial Commando 2, the wonderful but slow writer that he is.

22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah, I did the panel thing at Celebration, and the "official" DHC and DelRey panels were pretty content-free. This is just par for the course.

I imagine that Fantasy Flight would probably have an interesting panel, but I'm guessing they're nowhere near ComicCon. I'll be curious about GenCon, though...

23. LivingJediDream

Jul 7, 2010
    Where did you hear this?

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I have a bad feeling about this

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

Yeah, I'm pretty much here . Other than comics, anything that I'm interested in post-ROTJ has been written already.

I wish either Stover or Luceno would write something between TPM and AOTC though.