main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Well, if you're volunteering, Bardan... That could be accomplished. *narrows eyes at you*

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    My political career in the EUC is at an end. I will however be watching this election (as well as future ones) with great interest.

[​IMG]

ma_petite likes this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008

To the pain. ;)

4. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I meant that you would volunteer to be the one to duel to the death. For no reason. ;)

5. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    It is my pleasure to announce that I am running for Chancellor, with CrazyOldHermit as my cohort in crime! Thank you ladies and gentlemen!

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    And the boys are back in town!! ;)

7. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Three full teams running, so far. Good turnout.

Runjedirun and Adalia-Durron like this.
  8. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    BultarSwan likes this.
  9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok since I'm running as a VC candidate and have been appointed the New Users Social thread's senator I am stepping down from running the actual election part. Bardan_Jusik do you have time to run this part?

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh yes, I love rigging running a good election. :p

Congratulations on being named the NUS new Senator.

Too all those running, thank you. It is wonderful to see such an excellent slate of candidates vying for Chancellor's chair. Good luck to you all.

I am going to now close the nomination phase and if there is no objection move us forward to the campaigns. Would the three teams please come forward and state what they stand for and why they should earn the votes of our esteemed Senators.

[​IMG]

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    sits back and waits to listen to the candidates

13. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Ah, I'll work on putting something together today.

CrazyOldHermit and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  14. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Likewise.

Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  15. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I've written it, just waiting for my running partner, CrazyOldHermit to check his pm's.

Adalia-Durron and Runjedirun like this.
  16. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I apologize for the double post, but we are ready.

Ladies, Gentlemen, droids and others of the EU, myself and my friend CrazyOldHermit are here to announce our candidacy for the prestigious position of Chancellor and Vice Chancellor of our beloved EU.

The EU as a community has been going on for much longer than I have been here, and it has been a delight being here. You have been the standard by which I compare all other internet communities, and I doubt that will ever change. I want us to uphold the standards of friendship, discussion, and shenanigans that have always taken place here.

Recently, due to the leadership of our current chancellor, as well as collaboration with the Lit forums, we have had the "Get to know an EU character thread" which has been rather successful. I've learned a lot about characters I had never even heard of, and has shown me the knowledge and dedication to the EU that people have not only here, but in the Lit forums as well. In a time where the EU is being threatened by the up and coming films, we are hopeful and optimistic, but we must also hold together in this time as a fan base. Because of this, we would like to see further effort to collaborate and share between here and our friends in Lit. This is part one of what we would like to do as your Chancellors, should we be elected.

The second part is that I personally want to promote and endorse all ridiculous shenanigans. I imagine that many of you are surprised by this, not that I would suggest it, but that it is part two instead of one. :p Nonetheless, I want to be able to look back on our term as Chancellors and be able to say that more preposterous silliness happened during this term than in any other before or after. Which means, of course, that I hope you all will participate. I would like to recommend a Jedi/sith/imperials/pilots/mandos five-way water balloon war in the BMC to celebrate the elections, regardless of who wins.

It may seem in looking at my plans that they seem abstract, with few details. That is because I don't have details. I want you to help me make these abstract concepts into something as crazy and amazing as this community can. I cannot over-stress how important it is to me that you cooperate with us. I want your imput, and I need your help, because anything done in this forum without the help of this awesome and completely unique community will not be worthy of it.

So, I hope you look at these plans, these ideas and see the chance to take part. Because I want this term to be about us as a family (A crazy inbred E-family that it is :p ) working together to create something amazing. If this sounds good to you, we would be happy to have your vote. If it doesn't sound good, we'd still like your vote. So thank you EU for this opportunity to lead the way into our future.

Zark and Hermit for Shenanigans in 2013!!!

17. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Great speech zarkinfrood

Can't wait to hear from the competion!

CrazyOldHermit and zarkinfrood like this.
  18. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Becca and I will present ours as soon as possible. She is travelling and I have been gone all weekend.

Chewbacca89 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  19. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    I need to apologise for not being around - I've had absolutely no Internet connection for the last few days. Working on my post though, just not able to get it onto the boards at this time.

20. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    We'll be looking forward to hearing it. Hurry back to us!

CrazyOldHermit likes this.
  21. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    *opens a concealed door in a dark corner of the senate building auditorium and sets up a recording device to transmit the speeches to my ship*

Nice place.

*leaves a wrapped paper package on the floor of the gungan senators platform and rigs it to light as they enter, before exiting discreetly*

BultarSwan and zarkinfrood like this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    sits waiting to hear more as t this stage it's a one horse race!!

24. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Waiting on Swannie at the moment :)

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.