main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Should Leia be a Jedi or Politician in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Allana_Rey, Nov 3, 2012.

?

Should Leia be a Jedi in the ST?

1. Yes

131 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Unsure

16 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Maybe

26 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It was a joke... but to be fair, dark side powers are a type of Force powers.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I know, but the chancellor using Light Side powers would still appeal to me.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Lucas loves his mirrors. Seeing Leia kick some whippersnappers behind would be epic. And I would love it if she calls him whippersnapper while she's doing because I've never understood why Lucas dropped that from one of the earlier scripts. :p

Sarge and eht13 like this.
  4. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Both. Either have her start off as a politician & then ending it to become a jedi or be both at the same time, maybe even garnering a reputation as both a politician and force user to boot.

5. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I wonder . . . why create these threads that ask or state how the movie's plot should be written, when the actual screenwriter already has plans on how the story will be told? Nothing we post here will really be considered. So, aren't these speculations pointless?

6. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Are we supposed to just twiddle our fingers until Episode VII is released? If we didn't speculate we really wouldn't have much to discuss. It's all just for fun and to pass the time for me.

7. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I need my friends on here. They help me through this two year wait process.

Yes

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    "Edit", yo!

9. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

You might as well, considering no one on this thread will have no real influence on the new movie's plot.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't need any influence on the film's plot nor do I want any because I'm no filmmaker. I just want to enjoy my time here and discuss ideas with fellow SW fans while we're all waiting for the new movie. ;)

11. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Although I have no way of arguing this with you, I do have time to for dreaming, speculating, sharing and reading the thoughts of my friends on here. I enjoy it. And then I'll talk about the movie with them when it comes out. And then I'll do it all over again with the rest of the trilogy and the standalones. Just hanging.
    The great thing is that we all have choices to make. I do my thing, you do yours. No big deal.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Because we want to? Because it's fun asking questions like this and discussing them together? As long as we're having fun, it's not pointless.

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    There plenty of things I'd like to share with Lucas, Arndt, and Abrams.

Immortiss likes this.
  14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't know what I said in this thread earlier but for the Hell of it I will say that Leia should be a politician. I just think that she should subtly use her force powers to influence the more weak-minded amongst them. Vader would laugh his ass off.

Immortiss and Darth_Pevra like this.
  15. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Isn't that immoral? I mean, how would you feel if some gal was influencing our country's politicians through a cosmic force-field that binds everything together?

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Sure it is immoral, but the temptation, oh the temptation. Nothing wrong with a little moral corruption in our Jedi. Makes them a bit more human.

Immortiss likes this.
  17. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Sure, there can be some moral corruption in the Jedi, but there are other ways to show some humanity in them as well. The Jedi Council, for example, were shown to be capable of making mistakes in the PT, TCW, and the EU. Leia can be shown to be fallible but it should be in a way that makes sense. Mind-control is going too far.

Immortiss, Sarge and darklordoftech like this.
  18. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yea, but not in a charming, gangster-esque. humorous way. I could see Leia cheating a little, especially considering that Han is her husband.

Carrie Fisher would have a field day with such a scene as well.

Immortiss and Sarge like this.
  19. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    She has already been a politician like her mother before her. I would hope that they would stay away from old clichés.

20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Of course no one having to do with E7 is going to pay a lick of attention to things said by fans, and I don't think anyone here thinks otherwise, but it is fun to speculate on what we think and/or want to happen. It doesn't matter that we have no influence, people don't have influence on most things that occur in the news but it doesn't stop people from discussing it and saying how they feel. To think that the only reason we would discuss E7 is to influence something is preposterous.

We have nothing else to talk about at the moment so speculation is all we have. Even once we get more news, it will just cause futher speculation on those topics.

As to Leia, and the topic at hand, I think I would be happy either way. I would love her as a polititon or as a Jedi... or both. Though I agree that a Jedi in a major influencial spot in politics is fraught with danger even if it would be Leia. I could see people feeling a little hinky about it.

21. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I'd think it'd send a clear message to voters: we're voting the wrong people into office. "The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded." Don't want a Jedi messing with your elected representatives? Don't elect representatives with weak minds!

BigAl6ft6, Echo-07 and Immortiss like this.
  22. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    I think she should be trained as a Jedi in secret but remain in politics.

23. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I'll amend my previous position.

YES, Leia should be a Jedi because of the whole 'passing on what you have learned' thing. Will she? With Fisher's sense of humor I could see her pulling a bunch of Force gags.

Oh, the behind the scenes videos for that would be epic...'Leia' Force-chokes 'Han'. [face_laugh]

Sarge and Darth Chiznuk like this.