main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    And responded.

Far as I am concerned at the mo', Bravo is Captain Stakes; till he is ready to post, the highest person Fress can reach is Commander Hilton. Don't worry, Hilton can deal with whatever she would want to ask.

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Sweet :D

He stopped as an incoming transmission was relayed aloud across the bridge. Hilton thought he recognised the female voice as that woman who invaded the bridge, after their extraordinary rendition of Mercs and Rebel Alliance personnel from hyperspace.

[face_rofl] Hilton remembers her doing that :D :p

Hilton didn't think he would be alone in wanting to tell her to stick it

Surgeon: Here's your lightsaber back. Mind telling me what it was doing in Commander Hilton's rear in the first place.

Fress; He told me where to stick, something tells me he didn't like the feedback too much.

Surgeon: You need a better excuse then that.

Fress: He asked me if he could borrow it, if I knew what he planned to do with it, I wouldn't have agreed to it. Beings have weird fetish's.

Surgeon: So he told you where to stick it huh? Remind me to stay on your good side.

Fress took the lightsaber and sterilize wipes. They removed it but she had to clean it. A small inconvenience in the long run.

Sith-I-5

3. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Colias would probably have to kill Hilton. He's not the type to accept a rubber ring and forget about it.

4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I would need your permission first to stick it, then turn it on..

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Don't hold your breath.

6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    never planned too, just make sure Hilton keeps his thoughts to himself...

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    He did. And she was a galaxy away.

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    thats true.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all. :) I had a college / Renaissance Festival / highway back-up / work lesson plan clash this weekend. In short, I got nothing done this weekend. :( I am serious that my life is about collected to some stage of normal---considering the past events since June---and I should be back on track as Game Master here soon. I may need this week to finish putting things in place before I return active as Game Master. I'm checking out a new Church further South this week (the one I checked out the last 2 weeks...didn't seem to sit well with my Spirit) and my co-teacher is out this week, so I'm taking her work load and mine at work, so I'm pretty much exhausted after work.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. I know this is not how I envisioned my 2013 summer, but God is good regardless of the circumstances.

God Bless,

Jason

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The Eagle Has Landed.

In other words, the Delicate Delinquent has reached the Whendyll System, and at least three of her crew have spotted the Imperial interdictor.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    It has been requested that I move things along for the group on Port Haven. I ended up working on a post on and off throughout the day and it ended up growing quite large with some pretty well defined breaks in style and theme. So as I mentioned in my OOC comment at the end of the post, I broke it up into three posts that should be easier to digest. Expect the next part sometime tomorrow.

[​IMG]

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Great picture. I could stare at it for a while.

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It ended up being larger than I wanted, but it gets the point across. :p

[​IMG]

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Good post, Bardan. I liked the attention to detail with the size of the dugouts and being a tight fit compared to Mando' ones.

Afraid I was with Hallomar's man in not getting the significance of the hovertank and its extra comm antennae!

Good re-intro, Falcon.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I actually made that part up in terms of Star Wars vehicles, but in the real world command vehicles oft times have extra antennae (for their extra radio gear) on them. So I ported that idea over. :p

[​IMG]

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks Sith

Ham Radio operators have more then one antenna on their car and that doesn't surprise me ;) :p
    You just never know ;) I have a spare antenna in my car for my transmitter

There is another reason. If they operate on different channels but the antenna is only for meant one channel. Two different channels, two different mhz is used and height. 2 meters, you don't need much over two feet. 40 meters, 40 feet in the air, 20 meters, 20 feet in the air etc.

I have two antennas in my car.

One antenna can only take up to 20 mhz and is meant only for 2 meters.

While the other I prefer to use is a dual band antenna, can take up to 50 mhz of power. I can operate on 2 meters and 400 meter and not have to worry about blowing my rig if I transmit more power then what the antenna can handle. And yes you can blow your transmitter if the swr is too high and the antenna is not meant to take that kind of power.

Each band has different height regulators, needs to be grounded to metal with a meg base (a big powerful giant magnet on the car or something metal or you run the risk of hurting your rig) I run the cable through my trunk and all the way up to where I have my rig mounted on the dash board..

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Part II is posted. I cut it a bit short so some of the battle will be described tomorrow. This just seemed like a natural "break" in the story.

[​IMG]

18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    It's looking great Bardan, looking forward to more :D

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I skimmed through the first part yesterday and it looked really good. I plan on reading the second part tonight.

great post Bardan :D

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Thank you.

Part III is posted. The addition of the Pho Ph'eahian was at Mitth_Fisto 's request. The NPC had been previously approved to join the crew earlier by Bravo but he never got the chance to do so. Thus he has been added here.

Also here we find out that,
    Taab is not a very nice man, not nice at all. Here is hoping they can hold onto that tank long enough to contact the incoming Mercs. ;)

[​IMG]

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Nice name for the ship Bardan, watch Narnia much :p Now we have a rodent for a captain :p

I did get the references, great choices ;)

Does that mean I get Sith's nerd card :p

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I got the Narnia reference as soon as I saw the ship's name, couple days ago, but nothing in the post helped me out.

Sure, have my nerd card. More room in my wallet for the important stuff. Costa Coffee loyalty card...

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Nah thats okay I already have one :p and I was going to say :p

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I actually haven't seen that movie yet and haven't read the books in ages. But I still liked the names. :p You get to keep your nerd card Sith. ;)

[​IMG]

25. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    JediFalcon & Sith-I-5 for the likes... I'm just glad I was able to get a post up tonight as my vacation ends in the morning... =((