main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Some news on the Jurassic Park side of things. Rumours that Universal are doing a stereoscopic 3D conversion of The Lost World and Jurassic Park III after the success of the 20th Anniversary Screening of Jurassic Park back in April.

Regarding Jurassic Park IV... there has been a bit of bit of news the last few days and some are conflicting so I will stick with what we know. There has been changes behind the scenes regarding the scale of the project and so the release date has been pushed back to allow them more time to work on the project without compromises.

2. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    At the risk of posting three times in a row... I finally saw Man of Steel.

I thought it was quite good though there were two moments which felt like it dragged on a bit too much, a lil over blown and would have been better if they had toned it down a bit and get back to the rest of the story. It sorely lacked one vital thing.... Batman

3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I loved MoS, so well done with only a few bits which dragged on too long.

You know that Batman VS Superman is confirmed to be in production now?

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie...superman-man-steel-sequel-2015-180719840.html

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  4. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Oh and I saw Pacific Rim the other night, it was truly awful.

You'd think giant monsters fighting giant robots couldn't be bad, but it was. So overblown and ridiculous with so many plot holes it got silly very quick.

The less said about the really poor Australian accents in it the better.

5. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Well I haven't seen Man of Steel and it is looking increasingly unlikely that I will get around to see it. I also haven't seen Pacific Rim yet but I am very much wishing to see it at the earliest convenience.

What I have seen recently though is Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing which I loved a lot and The Lone Ranger which was a lot of fun!

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Looks like Warner Bros. had heard my plea :p . I saw that poster for the Superman/Batman film... I wonder if the design of the Bat symbol is a hint at which era Batman we'll get... and also wonder if there be some connection to the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight trilogy. I loved Despicable Me 2 and want to see it again.

I was looking forward to seeing Pacific Rim and The Lone Ranger but haven't seen it yet though The Wolverine would probably be the next film I see.

Speaking of upcoming films, we will be getting another Riddick film in September, apparently it is going back to the Pitch Black roots.

7. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    I think I am one of the rare 5% of people who actually liked Wolverine.

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The recent one or the X-Men Origins: Wolverine film? I can't comment on the new one yet but the Origins one wasn't bad.

9. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    I actually liked em both.

Should probably check myself in for a mental health assessment.

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I've heard a that the new one is quite good and plus I do like the character. I'll try and see it soon.

11. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Finally got around to seeing Pacific Rim today. Considering it is down to one session a day at my nearest Hoyts (it stopped showing last week at my nearest Greater Union Event Cinemas) I was only expecting there to be maybe ten people, but there was at least fifty in the cinema on a sunny Sunday afternoon! I enjoyed the movie, despite the narrative being a bit weak.

Will hopefully be seeing The World's End soon.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That's pretty quick, didn't feel like is has been out that long. Also some cinemas are doing Disney films on the weekends this month with Aladdin, Tangled, etc.

I finally saw The Lone Ranger and enjoyed it a lot. I thought it was fun and a refreshing change from the gritty, dark films showing.

Planning to see The Wolverine in a few days time.

13. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    WOW, this thread is still going!! Been a long time sine I frequented this forum. Glad to see it's still running though!

14. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    I actually enjoyed Wolverine too. Glad to see you're still around Shadowfire!!

15. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Well now that I'm back, here's some of the new movies I'm looking forward to:

X-Men: Days of Future Past - With Bryan Singer back to direct, I'm excited about this latest installment.
    Riddick - some mindless action is always good.
    The Family - Can't resist Michelle Pfeiffer
    Captain Phillips - with the always dependable Tom Hanks.
    Kick Ass 2 - loved the first one.
    Ender's Game
    Thor: The Dark World - really enjoyed the first one.
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - hopefully better than An Unexpected Journey.

That's just some of the upcoming movies I'm interested in seeing!

16. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Before I go back to doing some work, what's everyone's opinion on Ben Affleck as Batman in the Man of Steel sequel?

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ben Affleck does have potential. I still remember him from the Sum of all Fears and he wasn't bad in that as a young Jack Ryan. Of course he has matured since then so he might be able to do Batman as justice. I don't quite understand why a lot of people are upset enough to petition the White House to intervene, Daredevil wasn't his fault.

Side note, I agree with most of the titles on your list. To add to further, I am looking forward to seeing Frozen (Disney Animated feature by the team that made Tangled) and Jurassic Park IV (All reports so far indicate that they are adamant in doing it justice to honour the first film)

18. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Yeah I don't understand why so many people are outspoken against the idea of Affleck being Batman. It works for me.

Films I have seen recently:
    The World's End was sadly underwhelming from the team of Pegg, Frost and Wright.
    Elysium was brilliant! Enjoyed it more than I enjoyed the Director's first feature District 9
    Kick Butt 2 was fun. Not as good as the first but Chloe Grace Moretz was the highlight of the film.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The last film I saw was... Tangled... They had a special screening last weekend and it was great to see it up on the big screen.

We do have the extended edition of An Unexpected Journey coming out in November, I wonder how the additional material would make the film. The clip I've seen at Rivendell looks fitting. I am looking forward to The Desolation of Smaug

20. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Yes Elysium looks very good, hope to see it sometime this week. also want to catch Now You See Me as well.

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The official Universal Studios Jurassic Park FB page had announced this earlier today:

[​IMG]

Directed by Colin Trevorrow, set for a 12th June 2015 date.

No news on casting or story unveiled yet but expect more news over the next few weeks as they gear up for production. There was a recent talk with Colin on the Jurassic Cast which can be heard here

22. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    So Sharknado is being shown at my local Hoyts this Friday, I'm tempted but uncertain about attending...

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Hmmm.... depends on the type of mood you are in. It be something silly to have a laugh at with a few friends.

24. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Saw the new Riddick film and I thought it was decent. Not brilliant or ground breaking sure, but a suitable new chapter for the character!

Next up will hopefully be seeing Gravity at Imax.

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ooo... Riddick. I've been wanting to see it, especially with how long it has been since Chronicles and how that ended. I hope to see that soon.