main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Dooku Captured: An Insult to the Sith and to Viewers

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vialco, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Yeah! And I'm meant to believe that Anakin & Obi-Wan wouldn't be suspicious of a drink from PIRATES? PUH-LEASE.

2. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Never heard of that.[/quote]

Labyrinth of Evil.

anakinfansince1983 and Vialco like this.
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Labyrinth of Evil.[/quote]

Seriously? Is this in the bunker? [face_laugh] I love that book.
    Lemme try and find this gem......
    Where?

4. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    LOE, love that one.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    About the whole could have done more with Dooku thing, I would have loved to learn about when Dooku was a Jedi.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    At least we got to see Hondo for the first time.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    More for the Episode VII forum but I would love a young Dooku spin-off, especially one that doesn't contradict Yoda: Dark Rendezvous or Darth Plagueis.

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009

JackG, Circular_Logic and Vialco like this.
  9. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Sable_Hart

Ah, now I recall that scene. Rather amusing how Grievous fits the profile of a "weak-minded" tool, heh. Which brings me to the point of the thread, that TCW did little to show that Dooku and Grievous were competent leaders for the CIS until rather late in the game. Both characters' fighting skills seemed superior than their respective political (charisma) and strategic skills (and that's hardly saying much for Grievous). Dooku Captured may have been a bit of a low point for the Sith Lord, but in the end he did have his revenge on Hondo. Grievous had to go through even more embarrassments during the course of the series as well. On the flip side, by bringing Dooku and Grievous down so many notches, TCW actually served to make Sidious into a more threatening villain, so that it was genuinely exhilarating to see him wiping the floor with Maul and Savage, both of whom until then could arguably be considered TCW's most competent villains. Sidious was the one guy you don't want to be around when the Dark Lord shows up, as bodies are bound to drop!

10. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    "Dooku Captured" notwithstanding, the Count has been treated very well in the series. Grievous, far less so, which is why "Massacre" ranks in my top 3 favorite episodes. But agreed on Sidious; it's clear that Filoni and the writers endeavored to treat the character with the reverence he deserves as the pinnacle of Star Wars villainy.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The show has done great with its portrayal of Sidious. That's why The Lawless is my favorite season 5 episode. Sidious has been kept undercover (or kept himself undercover) as he should so no one knows who is pulling the strings, and when he is out in the open, especially as he is in this episode...holy ****.

Zillo Beast Palpidious creeped me out; The Lawless' full-blown Sidious? Full-blown frightening.

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    "Remember, there can only be two -- and you are no longer my apprentice." Everything Sidious said in that episode felt straight out of the movies in terms of awesome.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Especially in contrast to Maul's arrogant stupidity in Revival.

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

15. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    ^Must we always resort to using the same old GIF? Here are some more showing Sidious' mastery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rag dolls, the Nightbrothers are.

16. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    If I could, I would like this post ten thousand times.

17. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Why did Maul let Sidious work his blades down to the emitter heads without even trying to counter... it's not like it was a fast sudden movement or anything... you could see it coming.

18. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Heh, you just love poking holes in TCW's onscreen logic, don't you, Valkyrus? Can't deny that it's pretty fun, too.

Another GIF!
    [​IMG]
    I always assumed that Sidious simply used Force Strength to overpower Maul, you can tell both are struggling to outdo the other, but since Sidious is clearly far superior in his mastery of the Force, the outcome was pretty much inevitable. I always got the feeling based on that initial Force Push that Sidious could probably have destroyed both Nightbrothers without needing to pull out a lightsaber, but he simply wanted to toy with them, and "enjoy the fight", so to speak.

cwustudent and Sable_Hart like this.
  19. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    This.

You see each struggle to out-muscle the other, but Sidious is an evil robed Hulk when using the Force. And Sidious definitely could have just crushed them to death against the window; that Savage and Maul combined couldn't overpower his casual hold on them speaks of Sidious's enormous superiority.

Vialco and SithStarSlayer like this.
  20. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah Palps needed to get his exercise in, its not all that often he gets to fight especially as Chancellor.

21. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Don't forget the part when Sidious told Maul, "Do not worry. I'm not going to kill you. I have other uses for you. *starts cackling* I mean the way he said that sentence was just chilling.

Anyways I liked Dooku Captured. I thought it was a fun episode to watch. I liked it mainly because of the great Anakin and Obi-Wan interactions and it was pretty amusing to see them annoy the crap out of Dooku.

Its followup episode "The Gungan General" on the other hand is a different story. Not only did that episode's opening scene introduce a ridiculous plot hole it also introduced us to B.J. Hughes's rendition of Jar Jar Binks. [face_sick]

In my opinion the only season one episode that was worse than the "Gungan General" was "Mystery of a Thousand Moons", which, I like to call "Mystery of a Thousand Snoozes."

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    They didn't for most of the part.

Yeah, no... Dooku Captured has NOTHING on Shadow Warrior in terms of insulting fans.

Good one!

Indeed. If TCW had one thing as a task then it was showing us that even the strongest Force-users can be captured.

Finally, somebody who likes it too. :D

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Dooku Captured is a cool episode

24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Awesome. That it took Darth Maul's revival to wake Sidious from his combat slumber...

25. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Thats a fact. Although I loved every-time Dooku was on screen, Grievous I would always miss the microseries version every time I saw him on screen. TCW needed more Dooku! :(