main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does anyone think Darth Vader will *not* be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MiamiJedi, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012

What about some other version of Vader? Someone using a similar mask, or a cult, or in some other way (dreams/visions)?

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Hm, he fell into a bottomless chasm and exploded into energy when he hit the reactor core. That's pretty dead if you ask me.

Sean Sinclair and Graphic like this.
  3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

No no no, don't be silly Darth_Pevra, if they didn't die on screen, then they didn't die - it's obvious! So using that train of thought, I can categorically say Darth Vader will not be in EPVII, and the main villain to replace him will be Sebulba as he didn't die on screen :p

Sean Sinclair and Darth_Pevra like this.
  4. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    We need McCoy in Star Wars so that he can tell the audience "he's dead, Jim". No more confusion. :p

Sean Sinclair and StoneRiver like this.
  5. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Maybe we will with J.J. at the helm 8-}

[face_laugh]

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think Tarkin is coming back! I don't know why.

Seriously, I like how Lucas showed how Vader was the only survivor in the Battle of Yavin...no doubts he was coming back.

kainee likes this.
  7. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    Vader won't be resurrected. The only way he can be is if Anakin is cloned and then turned to evil again. Besides, Palpatine has already been stopped.

But to your disagreement point, I think a ghost of a Sith via "cheating death" would be fine. I just don't think a Sith getting killed (like Maul or Dooku) makes them an evil ghost. As far as I'm concerned, Plagueis is the only one who has found a way to the afterlife after leading a life of evil.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They will use the blue light as the reason he survived if he ever came back or if he wasn't lying about Plagueis' power to bring people back from the dead he might be able to somehow keep his consciousness alive but have to inhabit someone else.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Theoretically you can do anything, even bring back Jabba. But it would basically be cheating the audience and that is a very dangerous course of action. A lot of fans are still pissed off about Mauls return in a kid tv show.

kainee and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  10. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    "Inter dimensional beings"..."the space between spaces". - Dr. Oxley.
    I hope we get a "newish" villain, with some harkening back to OT villains.
    I like the idea of force resistance, but not from Vong, as I don't think our Oscar Award winning writing team would lower themselves to whomever wrote that, but crystals or some such plot device that would render our heroes impotent, not unlike Superman. That could be fun.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Maul coming back in the Clone Wars was a terrible idea. Ruins Obi-Wan's victory in TPM.
    Palpatine was a master of the Dark Side. I can see him having a plan for pretty much anything.
    As Jabba was not force-sensitive he does not have that advantage of possibly surviving getting blown up.

kainee likes this.
  12. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    If he was omniscient then how come the Empire lost at Endor and he got thrown into the shaft?

The line about Jabba was not serious.

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  13. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Agreed with Maul.
    Sidious, I would rather not, but it depends on the story. If there is Netherworld or undead, definitely possible.
    Doppelgänger/zombie Vader dueling Force Ghost Anakin for the soul of the Galaxy, might be interesting psychologically.
    When I read the last one it sounds like the worst kind over the top trope, but I wouldn't put that past Lucas.

kainee and Dra--- like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Who can tell with Palpatine? Maybe he didn't know he was going to die there but had a back-up plan regardless that would allow him to survive death.

kainee and Dra--- like this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I try to respect everyone's opinions but when a poster says something like, "if you disagree with me than you're blissfully ignorant," I get a bit annoyed. My original comment that Darth_Pevra quoted was directed at the OP whose post was directly above mine and said, "If you disagree with my formula then you have no marketing background and are assuming that Disney is more interested in making a great Star Wars movie to make the fans happy irrespective of what will generate the most profit." The OP has said many things like this and to me he appears to be ignoring the very clear evidence that Disney actually does care about the story. Evidence like using Lucas' treatments, keeping Lucas' handpicked successor on board (Kathleen Kennedy), keeping their handpicked writer on board (Michael Arndt), and bringing back individuals who know SW like Lawrence Kasdan, Iain McCaig and Doug Chiang. Yes, I got exasperated by his repeated attempts to assume that he alone knows exactly what Disney's motivations are and I tried to express my feelings about his post in the most economical way. No where in my posts did I assume that I know more than anyone just expressed my opinion that I believe the individuals on board on creative enough and more importantly smart enough not to resurrect Darth Vader. That's my opinion and I presented it as such in my original post and in my response to Darth_Pevra.

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given the apparent speed he was receding, and the length of time between the start of the fall and the explosion, he wasn't all that far down- more likely to have just reached the bottom of the tower- maybe he hit a girder.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He landed on a Mynock and rode on its back all the way back to Coruscant. He's that powerful.

18. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Agreed. That is annoying.

My apologies then, for the misunderstanding. I didn't realize, without the benefit of a direct reply to the OP, that you were aiming your criticisms to something specific.

Now, back to the boards full of empty news.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    No worries. :)

20. SookMidrub

SookMidrub Jedi Knight

Mar 18, 2009
    My thoughts exactly...Luke will wear the suit. Makes that scene of Dagobah make a little more sense...his future, he saw.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Evil Luke? That's just as bad as ressurected Vader.

kainee likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Why would Luke wear a suit that pretty much symbolized everything evil his father did. Not to mention how it would make him look to the galaxy wearing a suit of a man who helped tyrannize the entire galaxy for decades. Not a great way to ingratiate yourself or your new order to the citizens who lived through the Empire.

23. SookMidrub

SookMidrub Jedi Knight

Mar 18, 2009
    Well, I'm almost thinking that it's one of those crazy cliffhanger moments. Luke is in the movie as himself throughout the movie, as well as Vader is. But just before the movie ends, we see Vader take the mask off to reveal it was Luke this whole time. Would make the next two years before EPVIII feel like the feeling we had between V and VI. Remember, this movie sets up a very dense, perhaps really dark second act. I would imagine redemption would be a clear subject in the ST...

However...there is a very large part of me that speculates that Hamill, Ford and Fisher will be minor cameos, maybe 2 -3 minutes of screentime-type-of- thing.

I'm excited either way...no matter what happens, it's more Star Wars...I just can't help to want to talk about it!

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    But Luke is the redeemer, not the redeemed!

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. SookMidrub

SookMidrub Jedi Knight

Mar 18, 2009
    All good points, I totally agree with you...but it would be a twist that mainstream audiences would not see coming. These movies are not for us (the die hards) they're going to be for the masses and casual fans. They (Disney) already know they have our dollars, but I don't need to explain all that boring stuff to you...I just think it's fun to think outside of the box a little and speculate what might happen. I just can't wait to see new Star Wars movies..