main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Would Darth Vader Have Ever Destoyed Tatooine or Naboo? If palps told him to

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by SkywalkerJedi02, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    As we know Vader Destroyed Leia's home world using the Death Star Of Course, My Question is if The Emporer Ordered Darth Vader to destroy Tatooine or Naboo would Darth go through with Destroyed his home planet and or His Beloved Wife's?

Cynicalx likes this.
  2. Ken Obi

Ken Obi Jedi Padawan

Jul 18, 2013
    Yes, without any hesitation. He really had no sense of remorse nor did he really care about anything at that point. I don't think Anakin ever felt any love for Tatoonie anyway, Naboo probably meant nothing to him either now Padme was long gone.

DarthDuckie and Darth_Pevra like this.
  3. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I'd say he would do it in an instant.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I don't see him hesitating to blow up Tatooine unless the Force told him not to, nothing but bad memories of that place.

Naboo.......eh, the pain of even thinking of Padme might send him into a dark side rage, which means buh-bye to Naboo. Maybe he wouldn't destroy Naboo at random, but if Palpatine told him to I doubt he'd refuse. I'm sure he wouldn't react well, regardless. Either thinking of Padme pisses him off, or having to destroy the last resting place of Padme on Palpatine's orders would piss him off. Palpatine was connected to Padme's death in a way, having to destroy Padme's home planet where they first hooked up would just be one more poke.

It's hard to think of a planet Vader wouldn't destroy, as it seems Tatooine and Naboo are the only places he has a personal connection to.

I think he'd blow up Coruscant if he could manage it while Palpatine was there.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Tarkin blew up Alderaan not Vader

But Vader might have blown Tatooine and Naboo if he really wanted to.

6. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    The death star blew up Alderaan to make an example for planets sympathetic to the rebellion. For the emperor to blow up the loyal citizens of Naboo that got him into power wouldn't look good, and I'm not sure what message it would send- other than that the Sith don't like nice flowery planets.

7. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    He may even be more relentless about it than if he were ordered to destroy another planet. This is because I think Vader hated his former history as Anakin. This is evident because he tells Luke that his former name no longer has any meaning to him when Luke tries to get him to find his lighter side in ROTJ. So I think he'd be more than happy to destroy the very place that haunted his mind.

8. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    Would the fact that Naboo helped him get to power really matter? I'm sure that if Naboo became rebellious to the Empire, then most people would understand the Emperor's desire to destroy it. In fact, it'd probably show that he is very loyal to his Empire rather than harbouring on some sentimental feelings for his former home. It'd essentially show that he values the greater cause (the empire) more than any fond feeligns he may have for past memories and homes.

VanishingReality likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think Vader would have blown up Tatooine for ****s and giggles and without the Emperor or Tarkin's permission if he had been alone in a room with Death Star controls.

He would have been like a rural North Carolina resident on the Fourth of July. 'Hey watch this! BOOM!'

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  10. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Tatooine? Yes.

Naboo? ...also yes.

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Locking. Let's keep threads like this in the "ask a question" thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.