main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Considering the digestive system and the renal system is about a million times more complex than a limb, I seriously doubt that.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Why duplicate the troublesome, disease prone realities of our bodies - I'm thinking everything just drops into a container, Maul hoses it out at the end of the day, or makes Savage do it as a punishment.[face_devil]

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Why the hell didn't TCW writers include that in the Mauldelore arc?

4. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    It could have been. Maybe it was, when the ads came on! Certainly there were lots of ads, particularly after the first segment of the show, after which the ads diminished. I'm guessing 4 minute's worth, plenty of time for exposition and a possible diagram or Powerpoint display.

5. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    No wonder he tried rebelling [face_thinking]

pronker likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Soft War:

Why were the rebels all wearing Jedi robes? That was just weird, and a little dumb if they're pretending the Jedi aren't involved.

I liked seeing more civilian reactions, however brief.

I thought Steela was a good leader. I could have lived without the creepy giant hologram though.

"Why was I not told of this?" Because you're a droid.

Saw to Lux: "Go write a speech about it." LOL, go Saw. I like a reckless man.

"Lux, don't look at me like that." Yeah, try growing up first.

I liked Obi-Wan's wisdom regarding teaching the rebels to survival on their own, but Anakin had to preach that "purpose before feelings" crap again. I love you, but shut up. Everyone knows you don't practice that.

Good "oh ****" moment with the shield and droidekas on the roof. I didn't think Saw had any grenades and I thought they were done.

Ahsoka repeating Anakin's hypocrisy and she and Steela willing to make Saw their human sacrifice...no. Just no.

Poor King Dendum, blaming himself for this mess.

"Resistance is not terrorism". Good line.

WTF is with Rash and the fruit? Dude must have chronic diarrhea. And now the evil cackle.

The rescue of Dendum and everyone turning on Rash was awesome.

I actually didn't mind the Luxshoka moment at the end.

6/10

Darth Valkyrus and pronker like this.
  7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Saw Gerrera was by far and away my favorite character out of the whole Onderon thing. He brought a bit of old school non-Force-user Alpha-male badassery that has been sorely lacking in TCW. Not exactly Han, different, not like the clones either. A Kick @$$ and take names kinda lone ranger... a Bruce Willis type character. An Arnold type character. The only other person in TCW who was kinda similar is probably clone commando Gregor, after he got his memory back.

He introduced something like this into TCW:

And that's just awesome.

The rescue could have been better pulled off. They should have had sniper overwatch from the surrounding buildings, rather than everyone assaulting the dias.

I liked the hundred-foot-leap into Force-repulse of that encirclement of droids. Very public display before a huge crowd, of the power of a Jedi, and a Jedi on their side. Bearing in mind most people in the SWU go through their entire lives and never once see a Jedi in the flesh. And then this. What kinda impression is that going to leave? If such a slip of a girl can pull that off, and make that military force look so useless, what must a Jedi Knight in his prime be like? What must a master be like? Great Jedi PR. Icing on the cake is that for once in her life, Ahsoka is actually dressed like how a Jedi is normally dressed.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Darth Valkyrus I never really thought of Saw like that, the Han Solo similarities do make me appreciate him a little bit, which is no easy feat for me. I know not everyone felt this way but I thought the Onderon arc was fairly dull (and this is coming from someone working on a song called "Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon").

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Picking this back up...

Tipping Points:

Dendum pisses off crowd and causes chaos; Ahsoka and Lux ride Buckbeak to safety.

Hmmm...methinks Lux is enjoying having two women after him. Look at that smirk.

Wait a damn minute Obi-Wan...now it's an internal affair???

LOL at Anakin and Hondo "no questions asked". Hondo was shoehorned here but I liked it.

Oh FFS Ahsoka...Qui-Gon's line? "We cannot fight a war for you"? WTF have you been doing all this time?

Loved Hondo delivering the missiles and then an 'Oh hell, see you later!' when the droids started firing.

They were having a Blue Collar Comedy Tour-style fun with those missiles; I half-expected Saw to say "Git 'er done!" at some point.

Oh Steela...damn, you didn't deserve that. :( I could have lived without all the philosophical musing at the end though. It was enough to mention that she sacrificed herself for Onderon's freedom.

Probably the best in this arc.

7/10

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  10. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Someone should put together a compilation video called "Ahsoka speaks the Original Trilogy" or something with all of her OT lines overlaid on their original scenes. Or vice versa.

Not that she was the only one given OT lines, but it mostly seemed to be her. Dooku got "You have failed me for the last time" though. Although it was particularly silly, since Ventress hadn't failed him at all, Palpatine had just told him to get rid of her.

JackG likes this.
  11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That would be a very long video.

12. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    One other thing about Tipping points... the geek in me exploded with a silent squeal of awesome when Hondo namedropped Sienar. This old horse of the EU, cast as the manufacturer of the TIE Fighters from way back when (I first remember seeing it in the supplementary materials of X-Wing vs TIE-Fighter way back in the mid 90s) has been part of SW for yeeears and widely referenced in the EU, but never was G-canon yet... until Hondo spoke their name in Tipping Points. Yay!

A similar, but even-less-obvious, obscure canonizing namedrop happened in Lightsaber Lost. When Ahsoka is climbing across the front of the enormous floating video screen showing Palpatine giving a political speech, the Aurebesh lettering on the news ticker running across the bottom of the screen mentions contracts being awarded to Kuat Drive Yards. Yay!

Actually, the scene switches away before we get to see what they've been awarded a contract for, which leads one to wonder... could this be a contract for the up and coming Imperator-class? Given the workup and lead time on large shipbuilding / defense procurement projects, it's highly likely.

JackG, Circular Logic and pronker like this.
  13. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Gah, I missed hearing Sienar - when was it?

14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    pronker

When Hondo turned up and dropped off the MANPADS. He mentioned that they were "the latest from Sienar".

There used to be a clip of the scene on youtube, but it seems to be gone now.

15. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Darth Valkyrus Ahah, thanks!

*wonders if Hondo will be in any of the upcoming tiny amount of eps, no don't tell me*

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Probably, maybe in the Bounty Hunter Arc

17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Not "probably." He is. Matt Michnovetz confirmed it on Twitter.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well that settles that then

19. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So I'm currently watching the episode that got me into wanting to watch the rest of TCW.

Landing At Point Rain.

What a great episode. And I only saw the last half of it when I switched it on during the middle of the episode. (I was bored of revising and wanted a break... CN was repeating it in March last year). I had no idea the show existed until that point. I thought the Clone Wars show I was going to watch the last 10 minutes of was going to be the old one that I did know of.

The animation in Landing At Point Rain was fantastic; the music as well and the story and those were the three things that got me interested. THe following episode was being shown after that 'Weapons Factory' so instead of going back to revising I ended up watching that one too.

The Geonosis arc remains one of the best arcs of the entire series. It had everything in it.

I'm not sure if I would have gotten as interested in this show as I did if I had seen any other episode on the day I just randomly decided to see the last 15 minutes of a show that was part of a fandom I hadn't been involved in for over 7 years.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That arc is definitely one of my favorites, and Landing at Point Rain, which actually showed the Separatists as a genuine threat, is what the rest of TCW should be.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    One of the best arcs of the series. It's got pounding action, great relationship moments for Anakin and Obi-Wan, the audience learns more about how the Jedi grow up and learn about the Force from hearing Ahsoka and Barriss' views about what their masters tell them, Anakin has his first dark side moment of the series - it hits so many points, and hits them well. Also, if you count Senate Spy, it's the only five-episode arc of the series, and yeah, it's not as good as the other four, but it is a nice set-up episode.

22. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Looking back at the Geonosis arc, I can't help but to think that the events of the battle and her traumatic experiences in Brain Invaders may have factored into Barriss' disillusionment with the Jedi Order. Throwing aside the EU in my analysis, this arc is really the only one where Barriss receives any sort of character development. So we can really only speculate that this battle may indeed be the beginning of her disenchantment; unfortunately, due to the fact that beginning around Season 2 TCW only gave a real focus on the Big Three rather than other minor characters, we can only surmise what may have happened offscreen. Here are my speculations, taken from the "Should Barriss be redeemed?" thread (Barriss discussion has revitalized so I figured now would be a good time to bring back my analysis):

To add to this, I noticed that the Geonosis arc was the first one where the GAR battles a predominantly organic enemy (the Geonosians). Now rather than destroying non-sentient droids, the Jedi and the clones are killing off living, sentient creatures. This has to bring some of the realities of war closer to home---that there is death, occurring on both sides. In fact, even if one regards clones as expendable, it doesn't change the fact that they are still living, breathing humans, and essentially a slave army bred for war. Their deaths may have affected Barriss' own personal view of the Order (that they are the ones willing to lead an army of soldiers to their deaths while the Separatists throw in completely non-living, replaceable droids). If we take the EU's description of Barriss as a healer into account, it makes more sense that Barriss would be witness to all these horrors firsthand. Seerow noted that Barriss is rather aggressive when attacking the infected clones in Brain Invaders. She killed Trap, after all (though that was probably self-defense). That's the precedent for Barriss' aggressive behavior and fighting style in the Fugitive arc, and in fact that episode may be retroactively foreshadowing her Face Heel Turn.

All in all, I think there could definitely have been more potential to explore Barriss' own viewpoints of the war beginning in the Geonosis arc, but it's very doubtful that they planned on her betrayal of the Jedi Order until Season 5, so there were few or no overt hints that she could have become disgruntled with the war and the Order. Which is why I really feel that some EU writer needs to expand on her experiences during the war, particularly between Brain Invaders and Sabotage, to give us a better understanding of why she would become a terrorist. Because what we have now is simply insufficient to fill in the blanks. I've done my best to do this, but it's really all speculation and not fact.

pronker likes this.
  23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think perhaps the Victory-class.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This, the Imperator-class wasn't used till the end of the war. IIRC, Lightsaber Lost is closer to the middle/beginning.

25. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I like you. I really do like you.