main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What is your greatest hope about Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jul 3, 2013.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes... I know. ;)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Greatest hope would be that the film honors the style, spirit, and thematic integrity of all six existing films, not just the ones from the 70s/80s.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    1. That Han will say, "I never shoot first."

2. POLITIIIIIICS!!!!!!!! UUUUUUUNLIMITED POLITIIIIIIIIIIIICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    It would be funny if Abrams put in a scene where Han did shoot first at some alien, and then he winks at the camera. :p

5. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

They could do it quite seriously. Surrounded by (insert danger), Han starts the gunfire, and shouts out to the younger protagonist with him "Shoot first! Ask questions later kid"

Immortiss and Carbon1985 like this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I really hope not. I think a line like that would be so cheesy and an unnecessary nod to that ridiculous controversy. I really don't want wink wink moments to the fanbase in EPVII.

eht13 likes this.
  7. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Yeah, especially if that wink wink moment has Han literally winking at the camera.

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I concur with the not wanting a wink at the camera... breaking the 4th wall is fine in some movies but Star Wars is not one of them.

One of my hopes is probably far fetched, but I hope the ST reunites the fandom, at least for the most part. To not have people fighting constantly and just thinking that the movies are awesome, would be awesome! (Again, I know it's not likely, but one can hope, can't they!)

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I share that hope. It would be such a wonderful thing to see happen. We probably won't see it but maybe this film will be too awesome for the majority of us not to love it.

VMeran and Immortiss like this.
  10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    My greatest hopes are PT gushing and better villains than the EU has.

11. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think it's a real possibility that the ST unites the whole into a single saga that satisfies all fans. But there will always be 'purists', who see nothing past whichever film ends the story for them.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    An engaging relationship between the hero and the villain. Ex. Obi-Wan and Vader in ANH, Luke and Vader in ROTJ, Anakin and Palpatine in the PT, Katniss and President Snow in the Hunger Games Saga etc.

13. GrimStride

GrimStride Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2013
    I'm hoping for a language of a story and a new protagonist / villain package . It would be great , in my opinion , if the action takes place a long time after RotJ .
    I'd like to see cameos by good old Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill as well (but nothing more than that)

14. JourneymanFett

JourneymanFett Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2013
    I wanna see the seedy underbelly of the galaxy. Bounty hunters, smugglers, that sorta thing. It's the characters who don't use the Force that make it awesome.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I truly deeply hope that we finally find out where the opening crawl ends up going.

16. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    ^Let's start speculating on that.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'll start a thread!!

Immortiss likes this.
  18. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    That would be a little tough, since the themes and spirits between the two trilogies were vastly different. I don't care if E7 mimics any particular movie, just as long as it's good.

19. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    A delightful musical number! *slaps face* Sorry, don't know what came over me...

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm cool with that, as long as its Figrin Dan and the Modal Nodes.

21. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    That it will be a good movie and that it won't destroy EU.

22. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    That it has a great story and characters and takes the saga in new diorections while staying connected to the previous films.

On a vfx technical and artistic note: I hope the films take vfx to a whole new level by marrying live action and vfx in seamless ways only imagined.

And I hope they do it with a mix of CG and practical.

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003

I don't agree with this and those that posted that they liked this comment are indirectly condemning star wars to its status quo. Lets face it gang, my biggest hope that is that Disney, along with J.J. Abrahams can move star wars forward away from the prequels. I want star wars to go forward, not backwards. I don;t want tid bits and snip its from the prior 6 movies. I'm looking for Disney to move star wars forward away from the prior stuff.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If people insist upon continuing to post hyperbole I am literally going to die.

Sarge likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Drama queen.