main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Revolution is one of my all time favourite shows, season one was awesome! Season two was on TV here in New Zealand not long ago, but it was on too late, so now I have to find another way to watch it.

Did you see all of those celebrities!? That would've been awesome!

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Just woke up after day one of a two day trip to the Yellowstone area. I've got to say, you can't turn around without running into a bison or hot springs here. I have way too many pictures of colorful hot springs and boiling mud. I also have to say that many, many people do not deserve to have kids. It is posted everywhere that you need to remain at least 300 feet from wolves and bears, and 75 feet from all other animals. That didn't always work out, since sometimes an animal happens to sneak up on you or vice versa. Twice I wound up 30-50 feet from a bison, which made me extremely uncomfortable. They can outrun you, can easily kill you, and the signs seem to imply that Bison and Elk hurt/kill more people each year than bears. But that doesn't stop the parents with their toddlers in strollers from wheeling them in for an even closer look.

How do more people not wind up dead?

There was a bison laying under the shade of a tree bordered on the other three sides by a boardwalk (over a thermal area). I didn't notice it until I was pretty much right upon it. I got a couple pictures then went back the way I came. Others kept fanning out along the boardwalk, effectively boxing it in, which seemed like a very, very bad idea.

This wasn't a zoo, and there was nothing keeping the animal from killing anyone if it panicked and would be forced to make an exit through a group of people. A stroller is just going to slow you down from an animal that can already outrun you. So either, you ditch your toddler to save your life, or try to run pushing a stroller which puts you both in danger. Lose-lose.

eht13, Barriss_Coffee and 07jonesj like this.
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Leave the stroller, take the cannoli.

Babies are just resource black holes anyway. One can always make more babies, but babies can't make more adults.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    People are stupid, and stupid people breed.

This post brought to you by your favorite Ray of Sunshine. Good morning, LACWAC.

DarthBreezy told me this story as we were driving to the top of Mount St Helens: in 1980 a couple of months before the eruption, geologist were already getting signs that something big was getting ready to go down, so highway crews put road blocks out at a certain point with warnings: Volcanic eruption eminent, do not drive past this point, etc. People were actually moving the road blocks and trying to drive further because they wanted to see a volcano erupt.

That takes a very special kind of stupid. So much reverse Darwin potential there. And sadly I can see people thinking that it would be cool to have their kid see a bison up close without it even registering in their brains that hey, this is a 2000 pound animal here and you have your 25-pound child in a 10-pound stroller. Do the math.

Anyway...post some of your pictures when you can?

07jonesj likes this.
  5. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    The season two of Revolution cannot have been aired in New Zealand, they started to shoot season two in Austin Texas this month ( July ). I tried to get a job in the crew of season 2.
    So you didn't missed it.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Really? Because I've seen them flying around in jet planes and stuff briefly on TV, which definitely wasn't in season one. Are you sure you're not thinking of season three?

7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    So it appears that I've finally procured one of the new trophies, "Four Digits" (1000 likes!).

[Grievous voice]Posting in the JCF has served me well. It has awarded me many trophies.[/Grievous]

Since I'm very fond of numbers and statistics, I've written a program to track (I wish) manually tracked various numbers early on associated with my postings and my "likes".

Some quick stats regarding my "likes" (as of this posting), based on where I post most often:
    • LACWAC SWTV: 784 (434 posts)

• ST: 174 (94 posts)

• Rest of forum (SW Community, PT, CT, SW Saga, Literature, Games, and JCC): 42 (48 posts)

Finally, here are the top five users who "liked" my posts most often:

Thank you, all of you guys! You all deserve some Internet cookies! :D

No real point to this post, but I wanted to practice highlighting and list-making. And also to show that I have nerd world problems! :-B

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I have a favour to ask for anyone who's interested in writing an article or two about the geeky stuff they love.

I have a friend who's setting up her own website, geekremix.com. She's currently looking for content to kickstart the launch before she starts advertising. So if anyone is interested in writing something short articles about any passion you have (it can be about TCW, Transformers, whatever), let me know and I'll pass on the word. I'd really appreciate it guys. Cheers.

9. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Yes sure ! You are talking about the second part of season 1. ( episode 10 to 20 ) You must have missed the second part of season 1. Season 1 has been cut in two parts : first part aired between september and november, second part aired between march and june. ;) Season 2 will begin on TV on september 25.
    If they get a season 3 it would be a miracle !
    Links :
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/05/revolution-season-2-production-moving.html
    https://www.facebook.com/Revolution
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/06/nbc-premiere-dates-announced.html
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/revolution-season-2-casting-news_21.html
    and I even contacted the film comission of Texas as I said because I tried to get of job there, they gave me the mail of the recruters.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Circular_Logic yeah, since the 8000 likes trophy mentions LACWAC, I'm not surprised at all by your top 5 likers. I can probably attribute a solid chunk of my likes to LACWAC as well. SWTV? Not as much. :p

EDIT: Damn. There's a trophy for 9000 likes, and AF is probably the only one who has it. [Vader]Impressive. Most impressive.[/Vader] =D=

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Todd: That's because I'm cool. Or because I post a lot.

...nah, it's because I'm cool. O:)

"How do nerds blow up the Internet? Let me count the ways: my experiences on a Star Wars message board."

Just kidding about that one but I could probably come up with something Star Wars or Harry Potter related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Ahhh, that would explain it, it would've been the second half to season one. No wonder I couldn't find season two anywhere online to watch, lol.

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Would you? Thanks. It only needs to be bitesize, so about 1-4 paragraphs.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Sure; I'm not too busy the next 2-3 weeks. I'll get something going during that time, especially if she only needs something short.

15. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    ImNotAStarWarsFanboy: I would love to help out! I can do stuff on Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings/TheHobbit, Doctor Who, Star Wars, you get the gist.

16. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    [​IMG]

TaradosGon keeps two human shields at all times.

[​IMG]

17. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Beautiful pictures !

I love writing so I could write an article yes, Falling Skies or TCW or Tom Cruise Scifi or Cloud Atlas or LOTR/Hobbit or LOST or Revolution or some of them ! Tell me when and I'll write it.

Jordan1Kenobi the complete box set of season 1 will be available on blu-ray and DVD on september 3 so you'll get the chance to see the second part of season 1 before season 2 begins !

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Awesome! Hopefully the box set isn't too expensive, but the first half of the season was great, so I think it'll be worth getting. What'd you think of the second half compared to the first half?

19. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    anakinfansince1983 AkashKedavra_93 Ani501st

Thanks a million guys, this is brilliant. If you can provide something (and if you have any old stuff you can donate as well), the sooner the better really. I really appreciate this.

Ani501st likes this.
  21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    If only I could convey to you, just how hard this made me laugh...

I'm just glad that wasn't a pride of lions, or I might have hyperventilated.

22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I wasn't expecting to see that Bison. I came along the boardwalk from my left and that clump of trees was blocking my view of the bison. I just saw a group of people gathered and figured they were looking at a hot spring. The boardwalk is over a thermal area with several geysers and hot springs. That bison was just chilling there. At least in this case people couldn't get any closer to the bison because walking over a thermal area is potentially dangerous. Apparently the crust can be extremely thin and people can fall into scalding hot water and be scarred or burned to death.

[​IMG]

I don't know either of the two women in the photo. They weren't with me. I went alone. I left them in the photo just as a frame of reference to show how close I was. The second photo I posted was from the same point, just magnified by the camera's optical zoom. The trees border the bison on one side and the boardwalk can be seen circling around the bison on the right side of the photo. I felt reasonably confident that the bison was not going to get up, charge me, leap the guard rail and gore me. But people kept fanning out on the boardwalk, pretty much boxing it in from three sides with the trees boxing it in on the fourth side, and there was no guard rail or anything as you can see it ends several feet to my right. The bison didn't get up while I was there, but every now and again it would turn its head or shift its weight, and I was anxious that it was going to abruptly get up and make it's escape through a crowd of people.

They were the most common animal I saw, along with Elk, though the bison could be seen throughout the day, while the elk mostly came out at sundown. But any time I saw a bison, it was commonly accompanied by people trying to get way too close for a picture on their cell phone.

And it could so easily go bad.

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Still wish it was some big cats, for that shield line.:p

TaradosGon likes this.
  24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

OMG idiots!!! Especially those people in the crowd with their children just standing there laughing.... good grief.

25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Wow, is it wrong to say I wish the bison in the video would have taken some of those idiots out of the gene pool? There are just to many of idiots out there. Ya know I like railfanning and its like how much money gets spent on safety at grade crossings but folks just keep trying to beat the train or my personal favorite stopping right in the middle of the crossing at a red light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.