main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Eleven-ThirtyEight and stuff

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 8, 2013.

?

Well?

1. I don't care

20 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. Hm, neat

49 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. OMG COOPER IS MY HERO

44 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Huh. I can get into my wordpress blog, but when I try to log in to leave a comment on your blog it says my log in is invalid. [face_dunno]

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    We just had a new registration and comment like 30 minutes ago, so I can't imagine the problem. I remember you posted a while ago; was that your existing account then?

Edit: krtmd usually when someone posts a comment from a pre-existing account their name links back to their own blog, but the one you posted a while back doesn't have anything else associated with it. Is it possible you signed up a second time by mistake? Not to cast aspersions or anything. :p

3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    That was me actually, finally got it to work.

4. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    You posted as "krtmd"? :p

5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
  6. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    What kind of stories, and characters do we want to see in the future?

7. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I would say that the entire site is about that. :p

cwustudent likes this.
  8. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I love the site, I have it book,arked, plus I follow on twitter, so I get the updates, I would have preferred it, if we had seen a return to a less formal Jedi Order, after TUF, DNT on seemed to be a refutation of the OT, everything it stood for, and showed onscreen was torn apart, and destroyed.
    Anakin didn't end the sith, redemption is now impossible, Dogma trumps everything. Luke is on his way to becoming a new Mace Windu.

The six movies weren't this dark, their was always hope at the end of each one, even the two that were considered the darkest, ROTS had Luke, and Leia going to Tatooine, and Alderaan, Han was not dead at the end of ESB, and Luke was wiser, after his encounter with Vader, and Leia was determined to get han back.

Now their happy endings have major tragedies, Luke's wife is killed bya sith lord, who happens to be his nephew, who is then killed, by his sister,
    They already lost Anakin, and Chewie, in NJO. Then they face a super powerful dark side entity, a planet full of Sith, and palpatine could sense Luke's presence in ESB, unless they were all shielding, Palpatine would have sent Tarkin to destroy Kesh, and he would have either gone himself, or sent Vader to deal with Krayt, and the one Sith, he went after Maul in season 5 of the Clone Wars. The GFFA, is huge, we should have the Jedi, settling disputes, aiding law enforcement, in solving crimes, they should be gaurding merchant ships from pirates. We should see adventures of non force sensitives, Smugglers, traders, exploring life in the Imperial remnant. Luke should be teaching younglings, and communing with Jedi masters of the past, ROTS basically did away with the Force ghost time limit established by Zahn. Qui Gon communed with Yoda thirteen years after he died, and who knows how long he taught Obi Wan.

I know there are people who like the way Star Wars is darker now, but Star Wars routes, are Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, a fairy tale in space.
    with roots in Asian cinema, shakespeare, and ancient western myths. I like the fact that we have a partial return to that with Scoundrels, kenobi, the coming Rebels books. Hopefully the ST will return the post ROTJ EU Star Wars to its tonal roots.

Jedi Ben and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The ST should be a mix of light and dark moments like the OT and PT. The darker moments should have meaning just like the lighter moments. At no point in the OS did I ever lose hope that the characters would see this through. Redemption is also a key point of the saga I liked. I want to see it again. The NJO is my most favorite series ever and captures Star Wars imo even if it is more dark than the movies. Everything had meaning. The deaths, the characters, the redemption of the Vong etc. And I never lost hope. With the post NJO timeline I have no idea how the galaxy will be peaceful in time for the Big 3's final send-off. I had no idea for the NJO but knew it was going to happen. Now I have no idea.

Jedi Ben and newdawn12 like this.
  10. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I think the only reason, we still have Luke, Leia, Han, and Lando, is the fact that Del Rey is prohibited from killing them off, Parisi wanted Luke killed off in Vector Prime, and then FOTJ, but Lucasbooks prohibited it.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh boy. Vector Prime was bad enough already but if they went with their first choice of Luke? Back then I would have never picked up another book at all. Now I would love to see it happen. Just to say what if? Personally Luke should have died off screen after TUF. That would have changed things so much. I thought that that almost did happen in Inferno but no.

12. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    We'll se what happens to the EU, as more ST news comes out, right now post ROTJ EU, is on hold, we could get a reboot, Au, or a multiverse.
    It's not like Lucasbooks, can go up to Kathleen Kennedy, and ask her what to do next.
    They have to wait till they hear casting news, character names, and get a copy of the script, before they have any idea, they're as in the dark, as we are.

13. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm not sure I ever registered for your site. Is it possible I managed to post w/o doing so?

Anyway, I'm now registered - and I apologize for being high maintenance.

eta. I have multiple wordpress log-ins - for my own blog and another where I moderate, etc. etc. Confusion is all mine. [face_blush]

14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    'parently.

15. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    It may not be the same across platforms, but Wordpress does allow for commenting without registering for an account. That's what I've got Tosche Station set to.

16. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I had it that way originally but changed it after getting a lot of spam pre-launch. k must have gotten in under the wire.

17. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm just special like that. :p

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Do you guys have a way of dealing with spam posts? Capchas or something?

19. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Eleven-ThirtyEight looks very promising, now if only I could come up with meaningful things to say and establish myself here, instead of blathering on with a little bit too much passion.

20. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006

I'm not sure how you have your blog setup, whether it's a self-host on a server somewhere or through Wordpress proper. We're a self-install and to deal with spam, we use the Wordperss Jetpack plugin with Askimet enabled.

21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    You know, I installed Jetpack ages ago but I had trouble activating it for some reason. It looks like it's in business now (added Twitter buttons and such as well), but let me know if anyone still has trouble logging in.

I don't know what your first sentence means, but I had to "connect" ETE with WordPress.com just now, so I guess that makes it its own server. :p

22. Lane_Winree

Mar 30, 2006
    Well if you can install your own plugins like Jetpack, I assume you're running with an install on someplace other than Wordpress's servers. Hopefully that should be enough to take care of your spam problem and get the comments working!

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Jetpack comments are definitely enabled, but I'm not totally clear on what, if anything, was the problem to begin with so we'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, I added a non-FB-based "likes" function but the little widgets keep showing up as "loading..." to me. Anyone else able to use that function? And I'm not just asking so people will go "like" things. ;)

Edit: nevermind, there it goes. Must've been installing still.

24. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    - Boba Fett, circa 4 ABY

[​IMG]

25. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    RC-1991 and Iron_lord like this.