main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming It Printed Money! In 3D! The Nintendo DS/2DS/3DS/N3DS/Mobile Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2004.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I am interested in Super Smash Bros 3D featuring Mega Man as announced at E3, should be fun

Grievousdude and Penguinator like this.
  2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Do you like them?

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    It's a lot of fun!

4. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    You can mesage me if you want to play online.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Can anyone tell me what Nintendo Zone is and what it does? I went to the nearest town and it just appeared on my 3DS.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012

http://ds.about.com/od/glossary/g/Nintendo-Zone.htm

Anyway, who else wants Metroid 3DS? (I figure it will sell better than Metroid Wii U).

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    My icon for Nintendo Zone appeared when I went into a CEX shop with my 3DS and got Mario Kart.

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh man that giant eShop credit for getting SMTIV if you own Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's like I'm being rewarded for a purchase I would make anyway.

9. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Nice way to push the eShop too. I don't usually buy from the eShop, but I'll probably put it towards the Phoenix Wright game. I've already got Fire Emblem and was going to pick up SMTIV too, so even better to be rewarded for that. Just gotta remember to fill out the surveys in time.

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use it on DLC quests for SMTIV or AA5. I'm still kind of holding out hope the latter might get a physical release.

11. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm seeing if I can get Marvel Pinball at some point. I played the demo and it was awesome.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks! I'll have to check out my local town some more to see where these places are. I think I know where one is as I was outisde a toyshop when I saw it first.

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Can anyone tell if US games will work on EU consoles? I ask because there's an Adventure Time game that has only been released in the US and I want it. I don't want to import it only to find it won't work.

Also, I don't know if anyone knows this, but there's an image sharing service. Go to i.nintendo.net on your 3DS and you can use it to upload pictures to twitter, facebook, and another site. It's great for sharing Animal Crossing pictures. To take pictures in Animal Crossing you press the left and right bumpers at the same time.

14. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Looked it up. No consoles are region locked.

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It will not work, 100% of 3DS games are region locked. Unless you have a US 3DS you can't play US 3DS games.

16. wobafett

wobafett Jedi Knight

Feb 17, 2012
    Do want. Hunters on the DS was great, though a little clunky, the 3DS with the circle pad could fix this.

17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'd love to see Super Metroid on the DS - or at least something like it. Maybe a Fusion port? Zero Mission - although I think that's a remake...

I'm kind of bummed that Super Metroid is on the Wii U but not the 3DS. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard.

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The 3DS easily has enough processing power for top-level SNES emulation, similar to what the Wii/WiiU VC uses, but apparently Nintendo's decided that only the home consoles get the home console games.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well home consoles get screwed on portable VC games so fairs fair.

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    You can get Metroid 1 and 2 on the 3DS, but I couldn't find any other Metroid titles. I did find some NES titles though, but no SNES titles. I would like to see some GBA titles for download on the 3DS.

Penguinator likes this.
  21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    There's speculation the WiiU might get GBA games (Which are currently 3DS Ambassador only even though nothing is backwards compatible with it anymore because shut up), but yeah. It's asinine all around, the average greeting card has enough processing power to top-level an SNES, and we know from more enterprising types that that's all the VC is doing. I think Nintendo is being far too unnecessarily restrictive on what's available on which VC.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It would be nice- they already have the emulator for GBA software on a GCN platform, and the Wii is at least partially built upon that platform (though obviously the Wii U doesn't have GCN emulation, but, still, can't be too far off).

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I think it's reasonable to expect the next Nintendo home system will have discless GCN emulation, yeah. Decent home PCs can already pull off top-level, so I don't think it's an especially tall order.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Hopefully with force feedback. The lack of rumble was one of the reasons I avoided any N64 games on the Wii's VC. I mean, c'mon- what is Star Fox 64 without rumble?

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

Playable :p