main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Best Spinoff Ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    No fleeing Vader! Seriously, how much more injustice must this villain suffer? As if TFU wasn't hard enough on his rep already.

If he is in a spinoff I want to see him kick ass again, like he did in the OT and was always supposed to do. No almost-
    defeats by Obi-Wan or whatever other random Jedi.

Enough with the endless villain decay already.

Yaaargh!

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't even like ANH Vader but I'd like him even less if he were wussified.

3. JourneymanFett

JourneymanFett Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2013
    I would like to see a Boba Fett spin-off that showed us how he went from the kid we saw in AOTC, to the man we saw in ESB. They could also use this to intoduce some new characters from the criminal element of the galaxy, and maybe some good Imperial characters too.

4. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Eh, we got enough of that story in TCW, showing him go from that evil little punk in AOTC to a young, promising bounty hunter who's still a punk, but just one with a lot of anger in him along with other emotions, not just a totally evil twerp like Joffrey. Gah! So much to hate about AOTC.

5. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Gets my vote too.

Would like some expansion on the likes of Maul, Aura Sing and Boba Fett too, forgetting what the TCW did to a lot of these characters. Which wasn't good for me.

6. JourneymanFett

JourneymanFett Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2013
    Meh, personally I don't consider TCW canon. That's not to say I didn't like it, but still.

7. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Ooohh, I hope we get a continuation of Maul's storyline from TCW. TCW Maul was a vast improvement over TPM Maul. Here's hoping he appears in Star Wars: Rebels.

Aurra Sing was great in TCW so I wouldn't mind her appearing in a spinoff movie but only as a side-character, nothing more.

I doubt Disney would ignore the prospect of a Boba Fett film.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would be over the moon if they were to make a Darth Plagueis spin-off. I might not be a fan of him being in the ST but the book is one of my all time favorite SW novels and I would love to see it brought to screen. Probably won't happen but I can dream. :D

9. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I would love a Darth Plagueis movie as well. It could be an adaption of the Darth Plagueis novel or take place during Plagueis's training with Tenebrous or the 20 year gap in the novel.

We could also have a spinoff exploring how the Force started getting unbalanced.

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Darth (whoever Tenebrous's master is): Unbalancer of The Force.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  11. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Hopefully, if there is a movie like that, the Sith won't be another human. Too many humans in Star Wars; not enough aliens.

darklordoftech and Toonimator like this.
  12. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    I must have missed them episodes to be fair.:p

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Tenebrous's master is a Twi'lek.

Immortiss likes this.
  14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    They should make a Vader/Batman crossover,

Look how much money that would make :p

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Sorry, this thread is for "best" spin-off ideas. :p

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

It could be a spinoff in a crossover way ;)

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    For some reason I'm envisioning Vader choking Batman the first time he uses the gravelly Christian Bale voice.

18. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    As for the Boba Fett film I've got two ideas:
    1- Perhaps following the trends of the Marvel films he could turn up at the end of/ after credits of Episode 7. This would lead onto the first spin off film explaining how he survived the Sarlaac Pit and what events had occurred for him between Episode 6 and 7. Perhaps showing him becoming Mandalore and a great ruler who goes onto appose the remainder of the Empire. It should be a origin/evolutionary story for Fett, about him learning about his father's Mandalorian heritage and trying to uphold and honor it. The story should showcase his struggle to reunite Mandalore and liberate it from the Empire, presenting Fett with a moral dilemma uphold his father's legacy or go against his greatest ally.

2- Following his fathers death during the Clone Wars we see how Fett grows into the "Greatest Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy". This should retcon Clone Wars "whiny" Boba and make a more badass character out of him. It should follow him into the "Dark Times" and explore him meeting other Bounty Hunters for the first time such as Bossk and Dengar. Keep Aura Sing away from this film, her role in the Clone Wars made Fett look weak as hell! It could also showcase his mutual respect/rivalry with a young Solo. Solo should play a large part in the story, perhaps him working with Fett under Jabba's employment.

19. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    That could be quite interesting to see. Maybe they actually used to be buddies? Maybe they've always hated each other? Maybe they were rivals in Jabba's court? Maybe they were a team in Jabba's court? Lots of possibilities storywise, and a guaran-damn-teed license to print money.

HegoDamask likes this.
  20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Han and Boba having a pre-ESB history, as well as either Fett being a Mando, is 100% EU. In fact, without the EU, I would say that Jabba is Han's archnemesis.

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

Batman: Because I'm Batm-- ugh ugh
    Vader: Shut up. Shut up.

22. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This would be very neat to see onscreen, if only because I really want to see Mandalorians and their culture appear in live-action. They are perhaps the most combat-oriented and skilled non-Force users in the galaxy, so IMO it'd be a shame if they didn't try exploring their culture in more depth. If that means adapting Boba Fett's post-RotJ EU story into a spinoff, in order to show us the story of an iconic character, then so be it. Since I'm hoping for Mandalorians to appear in some form in the ST, it'd be a great way to expand on their culture in a Fett spinoff.

Trebor Sabreon and Immortiss like this.
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Batman is too cool to be Force Choked :p

24. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    1- Nah, liberating Mandalore is Bo-Katan's thing. But, if by chance Disney made a movie out of your first idea, it would be nice nod to TCW fans if a reference was made to Bo-Katan. She is, afterall, more badass than Boba Fett.

2- I like the Solo/Boba idea.

I could see Cad Bane being the antagonist in the film. Of course, that could very well mean that he dies in the end, which would suck because he's more badass than Boba Fett. Hell, Fett could live for a thousand years and he'd never attain the sheer amount of badassery that Cad Bane has.

25. Figrin D'aniel

Figrin D'aniel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    I think it would be really cool to see a Yoda spin-off film hundreds of years before The Phantom Menace. I wouldn't want to see a movie that goes up from his birth to his death in RotJ because I think that would ruin a lot of the mystery surrounding Yoda and 800+ years would also be a too long time span to cover in one film. It would be cool to just gain a little more information about his past though.