main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That's a pretty cool cover

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Little Soka? My have your breasts grown.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That's awesome. The '#1 2013' is tantalizing. Hopefully it's a clue as to how some arcs may be resolved. Don't get me wrong. I would rather it be on screen.

4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So... Was that cover designed by Filoni?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Must have been :p

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sure he has a poster-sized version.

Heero_Yuy and CT-867-5309 like this.
  7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Fixed. :p

8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I kinda doubt that this is in any way linked to the number of arcs in the bonus content, and we still have no clue exactly when the events of the comic take place. But it is interesting to note that it is now Marvel tackling TCW-related comics as opposed to Dark Horse. Regardless, I am excited to see future comics that could potentially resolve any loose ends left by TCW's abrupt cancellation, especially those that may not be revisited in Rebels.

Obvious Ahsoka oversexualization jokes aside, I do look forward to this issue thanks to the presence of Bo-Katan, one of my favorite OCs in TCW. Mandalorians FTW! Dar'yaim lek! I wonder exactly when this comic takes place, and what exactly brought the two together to form an "uneasy alliance"? Looking forward to this.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm looking forward to it because of Bo-Katan as well.

I have the Marvel app on my iPad and either Marvel has no Star Wars comics right now or none available digitally?

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I tend to use the term 'bonus material' to describe the remaining material from TCW's seasons 5 and 6. To me any comic that came out to tackle anybody's fate that isn't a finished episode of TCW just wouldn't be bonus material, its substitute material and I guess I'd take that over nothing. I don't mean to be a downer but when it comes to actual Bonus Material for TCW I am doubtful we'll hear anything about it in the near future, I suspect TCW's bonus material will be sat on for quite some time.

11. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Well, Brent Friedman and Cary Silver did say these arcs will be coming to us in the near-future.

12. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    When does this take place however? Ahsoka has her lightsabers and Padawan braid. Therefore it's before Saboteur. I wonder if it might be Jedi and Mandos after Eminence. Maybe I'm just looking too much into it.

13. Revanchist7

Revanchist7 Jedi Padawan

Jul 23, 2013
    It's not a real comic, just a print that the artist on the old webcomic drew for SDCC

darklordoftech likes this.
  14. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Blast. And here I was hoping we'd see a comic or graphic novella depicting the Republic invasion of Mandalore following The Lawless. Why must you crush my dreams? =((

Maybe the print is a tease for a future story? I want to see more Bo-Katan and Mandalore! Come on now, powers that be, please? [face_praying]

Edit: Well, at least I can go back to Defenders of the Lost Temple for my TCW Death Watch fix, but the art isn't quite up to par:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    via RFR's Facebook page:

16. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011

Thanks for the info! I'm assuming they're releasing the bonus content separately then.

17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I'm not surprised about the bonus content not being on the season 5 boxset.

Obi-Wan on the box? I'm surprised... I thought it would be Ahsoka.

Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  18. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    I figured it would definitely come down to between Ahsoka and Obi-Wan. The results of the DVD/Blu-ray Poll Thread also indicate that Obi-Wan was the most popular character to show up on the front cover, albeit many people probably voted prior to the Fugitive arc airing. Still, it's a great choice for the cover, and probably overdue after all the punishment the poor guy was forced to endure during Season 4! :p

hlc88 likes this.
  19. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Their choices for cover-characters are...peculiar. Not just the boxes, but also the discs. [face_thinking] I hope Rex will get the BC cover.

I wonder if the S1-S5 set will be chronological...

20. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    I was also expecting Ahsoka to be on the cover. Not that I'd be complaining, though, I definitely appreciate Obi-Wan's handsome face more than hers.

hlc88 likes this.
  21. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Ideally Season 4 cover should probably have been Obi-Wan in compensation for his rough treatment. :p But I can understand why they went for Maul.

So RFR are saying it is a really cool picture of Obi-Wan on the box... In Mandalorian armour perhaps? Would fit with the word 'cool'.

22. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    I'm pretty sure Ahsoka will make it to one of the discs. Maul will probably be one another disc as well. Personally, I'm hoping for one or more of the following characters to show up on a disc: Satine, Savage Opress, Pre Vizsla, and Bo-Katan. As for chronological order, that would be a good question to ask those in the know during CEII or other venues.

Isn't it obvious? To give insult over injury to Obi-Wan, of course! ;) As tragic as the events of The Lawless were for Obi-Wan, I'm glad he's able to get some well-deserved recognition; he's oftentimes an unsung hero throughout TCW, overshadowed so often by both Anakin and Ahsoka.

I like your Obi-Wan in Mandalorian armor idea!

hlc88 likes this.
  23. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I for one fully support the new Bosoka pairing!

Ani501st likes this.
  24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    That's a cool nickname

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Eh, I think Bo-Katan has better taste.

Heero_Yuy likes this.