main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST All Officially Confirmed INFO HERE (see last page)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I can't wait for the villain to be announced!

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I doubt they'll actually announce who the main villain is (that might be a big twist or something) but yeah it will be awesome to finally find out. :D

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    However, I wouldn't be surprised if we got our first "real" glimpse of Star Wars Episode VII at CEII. Concept art, etc.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I keep checking the official site just in case Harrison Ford is confirmed to appear at CEII. If/when that happens I think it's an easy bet the announcement is coming there. [/conspiracy theory]Although perhaps they're keeping that tidbit from us because it would be too obvious that the announcement is coming and they still want to surprise
    us. :p[/conspiracy theory]

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  5. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Maybe he'll phone in for a live video conference? ;)

Darth Chiznuk and Immortiss like this.
  6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I doubt they would announce him appearing, he definitely wouldn't be signing or anything.

He might make a video appearance as suggested, there is mention of a "look ahead to the exciting future" during the CE2 closing ceremony which might mean some sort of reveal.
    Or KK might bring it up during her talk.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Looking at the CEII schedule, nothing there really screams "STAR WARS VII" announcement. Maybe at the closing ceremonies.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    We don't know what KK will say, she may have things to confirm.

Chewgumma and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  9. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

This is where I'm assuming anything major will be announced. It's the only reason I can think of having the person in charge of the purse strings attend a fan convention while production on multiple projects is gearing up.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Given the recent stuff regarding the director, it would be reassuring if JJ Abrams appeared even if only as a recorded message.

@ Mods - Is this the place to post any new info that is announced at CE2, or should we make a specific thread for that?

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    SithLordDarthRichie: I stickied it due to the current season being loaded with various "events" & conventions, so the majority of confirmations and newsworthy info ought to be dropped in here. Obviously, monumental, earth-shattering news that nobody was prepared for will warrant it's own thread.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  12. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    I hope you're right. I may have to start avoiding any and all info about this from here on out just in case. I would love to be completely blown away by this movie in every regard.

I guess knowing the principals are coming back hurts that a bit, but I can save this sinking ship!!!!!!! :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I suspect that the Big 3 announcement is deliberately being timed to generate as much hype as possible. The Big 3 returning to their roles after 32 years is sure to be the most hyped aspect of VII in my opinion.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If I hear anything at CE2 and want to post it here, should I spoiler tag it?
    Or does KK saying stuff count as official and therefore OK to put out for everyone to see?

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    An official announcement is an announcement and we ought to hear it.. Everybody who signed up for NSA doesn't realize that the sign-up thread is the NSA. :p

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Fair enough.

I doubt any information released will be massively spoilerly. Seems most likely if we hear anything it will be confirming casting rather than major plot revelations or who the villain will be etc.

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

How much more hype can be generated by waiting any longer? Based on the schedule to for filming to begin (January 2014), there really isnt a point to delaying it. But what do I know, I just post here. :p

Darth Chiznuk and Immortiss like this.
  18. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    IMO the longer they wait the less exciting it becomes. I bet the reaction will be more of a "Well thank god they FINALLY confirmed the obvious" instead of "OMG AHHHHHH". I think they should have announced it earlier in order to get a bigger reaction.

19. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    While I agree with you completely, you have to figure that many casual fans haven't been on these boards daily like we have. It will be huge news to casual fans and general movie buffs (and will get an insane amount of free press for Disney and Lucasfilm). It's just all of us that will shrug and smile and go about our days.

Jeff Vader and lord_eidolon like this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That's why I'm desperately hoping for something else to be announced along with the Big 3. An official release date would be nice but a title would be even better. While I'll be very happy that the Big 3 are finally announced I agree that it'll be a bit deflating if that's it since we've known it for months.

21. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012

Have to agree with you. I was talking to a friend yesterday about Ep 7 and she said "Wait...Luke, Han and Leia are coming back? Wow!" I said its not confirmed but looks likely. So yeah, its gonna be big news to a lot of people.

22. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I want to work for the NSA so I can be privy to insider info months before the public.

You see that picture on TFN's main page? Looks like as close to a cast photo as we will get for some time.

23. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Just checked it out and squealed like a little girl. Stick Ford in there and it would be perfect. :D

24. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

You can forget about a title at least until the middle of next year. An even when you get one, you may get one like "Blue Harvest"

25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think we can be certain about anything right now to be honest. I know SW titles are usually released later but the films were also usually released in three year intervals and that has been changed to two it seems. I don't think we can rely on any of the old traditions now that Disney is running the show. The Avengers 2 is close to where Episode VII is in production and they have just released the title of the film. I think it's entirely possible we could get one earlier than expected.

Chewgumma, Immortiss and Toonimator like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.