main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CEII Celebration Europe II July 26th-28th 2013, Essen, Germany

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Sep 4, 2012.

1. ffluff73

ffluff73 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2013
    will defo hang around here - I have my eye on a US celebration (I hear they have cancan troupers!) - as for meet up cant commit as frankly I appear to only 1/2hour free on my plans so far (and have the feeling that once I get there the plans will go out of the window) - will keep an eye out for you though

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Out of the window... That can become true! :D That's why I don't make any plans. I will check what program parts might interest me the most and try to visit them. But if not, then it's not. There will be a lot to do instead. :) And maybe we'll meet at a queue somewhere... why not meeting in a queue? :p

ffluff73 likes this.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    That's fine if you're further up the queue and let me cut-in with you :p

CaptainRegor likes this.
  4. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I suppose if you did that, someone might cut into you with something sharp ;)

But what I was going to say is: the Grugahalle (i.e. the Celebration Stage) holds close to 8,000 people. I don't know if I'm being naive about this, but that number sounds as if it should be no problem to get into the "important" panels without having to line up for hours/days. And why would one even? I for one am not planning on spending half of those three days there standing in line waiting. There's so much to do. But we'll see.

By the way, keep your fingers crossed for the weather on Friday. They're predicting thunderstorms in our area here - let's hope they're either way before 7 pm or after the Jedi screening ends.

5. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Matsemitsu Of corse they're predicting high chance of Thunderstroms this weekend... Typical. Yeah good thing that the Grungahalle is huge I wouldn't want to stand in line all day for a panel either, but in the case of first look at Rebels I think i'll take no chances (getting there early I mean)

ffluff73 likes this.
  6. ffluff73

ffluff73 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2013
    ok that's work finish - time to pack! Flying tomorrow - woo-hoo!

CaptainRegor likes this.
  7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I hope to see some of you very soon.

If not, I hope the event is excellent and we all enjoy it [face_peace]

CaptainRegor and ffluff73 like this.
  8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    We'll see each other for sure!! :D

And I don't mind if you join me in the queue, if you don't mind the other people or being at the end of the line, since I won't camp there for hours. :p

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    To all those attending - have a good time!

ffluff73 likes this.
  10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    @ all who are at the CE II on Friday already

Would you mind to post a quick note about the climate/temperature within the building? Sometimes it's really warm (because of too many people and a/c not working) and sometimes it's close to cold (because a/c is working too well). I have found the GSFF girls dress and I'm still looking for the GSFF t-shirt. So it'll depend on the temperature which I will wear. Never had been to the convention center of Essen before, so this little piece of information would help a lot. Thanks! [:D]

LAJ_FETT, you aren't coming? :eek: :(

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Nah - couldn't make it as I had a friend coming over from the States in the first part of July and we weren't sure on dates at the time tickets went on sale. (He had to clear things at work.) Had it been in London again I'd have tried to make it for at least one day.

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh, I see. Maybe next time again - depending on where it is and whatever happens in the meantime. :)

Btw, I've found my t-shirts. One for FF Europe (had been washed too often already) and FF Celebration (made for London last time). :D

13. MasterVonbee

MasterVonbee Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2013
    I got a sneek peak around when I signed as I'm crewing this weekend. The building with all the stalls and mechandise seemed quite cool but that might because the main doors were open for unloading. The main screening, event hall is HUGE but I think it will be rather hot and stuffy once its full.

14. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    That's odd. I found it hot and humid. Because the loading doors was open, they couldn't regulate with the A/C.

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    LOL Different people, different views. How about taking a thermometer with you? :p

(But still thanks for the first impressions. *is looking forward to the ones of today* )

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Back from the CE. It was a nice experience and I've met a lot of people from the GSFF. Pretty cool. :D

In my view it was humid and warm all day long. Just close to the a/c it became dryer and colder. So summer clothing was best. Don't know how all the people in their costumes could stand it. ;)

Good night for now. It was a long but nice day. :)

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that Rebelscum has a news section for CEII. You can check it out here and see what you might have missed.

18. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    My husband & I were so busy looking at stuff and meeting people that we forgot to contact you:

[​IMG]

DarthUncle, Chilla et moi

[​IMG]

Me, MsLanna/ Etain & DarthUncle

[​IMG]

Ben_Stormrider, DarthUncle, me, morrison87 holding her adorable baby daughter and standing next to her South African boyfriend.

mrsvos likes this.
  19. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    man.. i missed out on some meet-ups with FF'ers

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I just found half of them as well...

There'll be a 'next time' - like at Jedi-Con 2014! :D

21. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Yeah, I was sad to miss you Skiara.
    I asked Qui-Gina-Jinn to keep an eye out and then describe you to me if she saw you on the day, but no luck.:(

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    It could have been a lot easier... mobile phone. :p

Next time, we'll manage to meet. :) Will you be at the Jedi-Con 2014?

23. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Ditto. So busy catching panels and meeting up with friends from past Celebrations I totally missed out on meeting so many other FF members attending.

24. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Sadly no. I don't expect to.
    Do they have a website? I can only find their Facebookpage and it's a bit messy for finding info other than date and place.

Mobile phone you say. Where is the challange in that?:oops::p

25. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    [face_laugh]
    Using it, if not being familiar with it already, would be the challange. :p

I haven't seen any website yet. Since they had one the last times, I guess they'll bring one up later on. Usually, tickets won't go on sale until half a year before the con. But I agree, I would prefer a website rather than a facebook site. Usually (and IIRC), they publish it about 12months before the actually event, so this time it's really early and so, maybe, they aren't as far in their organisation as they used to (or will when it's October). AFAIK it's not their main job and so they have other, regular jobs. So they need to find time to organise it while fighting Darth RL and Darth RealJob. :p