main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does anyone think Darth Vader will *not* be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MiamiJedi, Jan 26, 2013.

1. SookMidrub

SookMidrub Jedi Knight

Mar 18, 2009
    ...or so we were made to think...haha

But in all seriousness, where do you see Luke in VII? The leader of the new Order? (Which is actually more likely)

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Luke is a pretty mainstream symbol of good. To mainstream audiences, Luke = good, Vader = evil. Nonetheless, I agree that it's fun to think outside the box and speculate.
    The leader of the new order and the mentor. We don't need an ST to see that coming.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I completely understand that. I love to speculate myself and am equally excited for new Star Wars. :) I just hope Disney understands that Luke is as darklordoftech said, "the redeemer, not the redeemed." There are many ways Disney can satisfy the general audience and the hard core fans like us without undermining a crucial message of the films.

4. SookMidrub

SookMidrub Jedi Knight

Mar 18, 2009
    Very, very well said!

5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    So, has anyone heard Hayden's 2 cents on the ST? I have heard a lot of these other actors (and many SW actors like S. Jackson, Ewan M., etc.) talk about how they would like to be in the ST, but no word from Hayden.

I don't know if Hayden is purposefully hiding, or if he is just oblivious to it all on his big farmhouse (that he bought using the $7 million per picture which he was paid for his role in the PT). Anyone got info on Hayden?

Looks like S. Jackson is having a hard time getting SW info, LOL:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...238ed6-f19e-11e2-b2e0-0ecd9d3227c0_story.html

kainee likes this.
  6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I thought the same thing...conspicuously quit.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "J.J. was there, I was there,” Jackson said in an interview at the Hard Rock Hotel. “I was like (raises eyebrows) and he was like (noncommittal shrug), and he just went about his business. I don’t know what that means. Harrison (Ford) was there too, and he was like (shrug)." [face_laugh]

8. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    Are any of you aware of the great divide caused amongst Superman fans by the revelation that Man of Steel 2 will feature Batman?
    It is relevant because many see it as an obvious cash grab by WB in 2015 that flies in the face of what many were hoping for MoS2 to be.
    I wonder what the reaction will be here when Disney does the same and announces the return of Darth Vader and the Emperor.
    Point being that the greatest profit is the most important thing behind these movies. The story is secondary.
    Hmmmm....

9. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    And this would tie in perfectly with what he said to Anakin in Episode III.

kainee and Force Smuggler like this.
  10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Do you mean the return of Anakin and the Emperor?

11. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    But at least with Batman, the 'blatant cash grab' makes some sense. MoS did very well for WB, and although they hadn't really planned for it to really be a "Phase 1 launch" for Justice League the same way the first Iron Man was for Marvel (tho that was in their minds, at least, before the box office numbers rolled in), they figured "Hey, we can spin this into that, easily." It's not the Nolanverse, so Batman doesn't have to be Bale (or Gordon-Levitt). Batman's not 'dead' or retired. And, if MoS really was intended to be open to a shared universe thing despite being an origin story for Supes, it's best to expand that universe ASAP with MoS2--and what better way than with Batman? His ally, his rival, someone who exemplifies the best humanity can offer but is marred by a far more tragic past than what Clark had to go thru (yada yada yada, however you wanna compare/contrast the two). If we're gonna have a dark billionaire in MoS2, better Bruce than Lex, and a better stepping stone to a JL movie.

Meanwhile, bringing back Vader & the Emperor is nothing more than a blatant cash grab without even the semblance of a plan in place. Bringing back Agent Coulson is one thing... bringing back the dead, burned-to-ashes, turned-into-a-Force-ghost Vader is quite another, likewise the fell-down-an-extremely-tall-tower-and-exploded-in-blue-energy Palpatine is also pushing it. Dark Empire barely got around it, and it was pretty ridiculous even there.

kainee, Darth_Pevra and Immortiss like this.
  12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Coulsen seemed just as dead as Vader and Palpatine to me. More dead than Palpatine I would say.

Dra--- likes this.
  13. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    No Vader, please. his story is over. The superman thing is way different, it's a different sort of franchise where characters aren't bound to a single continuity the way they are (Supposed to be anyway) with star wars.

14. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Coulson was unconscious, perhaps. The blood on the cards was faked. He could've been on life-support (apparently we won't really find out for sure until the end of Agents of SHIELD's first season, tho tidbits will drop throughout) and Nick just ANNOUNCED he was dead to help motivate the team. I fully expected, back when I was watching it in the theater and especially when Maria called Fury on the bloody-card lie, that there'd be a scene showing Coulson in a coma or something, still barely alive. Never once thought that about Palpatine... he's falling down an 'abyss' basically, uncontrollably firing lightning, and then there's a big, odd explosion, followed not terribly long after by the whole Death Star exploding. He'd have to recover from his fall, make his way to some OTHER hangar or escape pod, and get out... and there was no hint that happened.

kainee likes this.
  15. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    It would be perfect if they just said Luke had dreamt the ending of Return of the Jedi. Remember when Luke closes his eyes after Vader said giving in to the Dark Side "is the only way you can save your friends, blah blah blah"? Well, he wasn't trying to bury his feelings, he was just bored from Vader saying the same kinds of things over and over again. "Here we go with the Dark Side crap for the 800th time, zzzzzz'" thought Luke. So he dreamt of Vader redeeming himself and the Death Star blowing up, and he and his friends smiling together as if they're having their picture taken. But when Episode 7 starts, we see Luke getting drunk that night at the ewok party and sort of relaxing his morals a bit with one of Wicket's sisters and that shocks him awake, back underneath the Emperor's stairwell. And no one is there. Vader and the Emperor had decided to let him sleep on the offer, because the Emperor sensed through the force that the shield generator exploded and had to put his Death Star into hyperdrive. I'm going to copywrite this idea, then offer it to Disney for just 5 mil.

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    One problem: Hamill's age

17. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    No problem at all. He just wakes up looking like Zac Efron

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah that's the only problem with that idea. :p

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    You made my day. Thanks.

kainee and Darth_Articulate like this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I think it's safe to say that Batman/Superman/WB does not equal Vader/Palpatine/LFL and Disney. The more relevant comparison is to Marvel and that WB sees how well that open universe has worked for them. Disney and LFL know that wouldn't work for SW.

kainee, Toonimator and Immortiss like this.
  21. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Batman and Superman getting together makes sense for a film. However, bringing back a resurrected Palpatine or Vader is the near-worst thing that could happen in the next film. Anakin as a Force Ghost would be nice though.

Jedi Knight Fett and kainee like this.
  22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    One of the lessons of "The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise" is not to teach your apprentice everything you know. I wouldn't be surprised if there's something(s) that Palpatine didn't teach Vader.

23. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Or, that Plagueis did't teach Palpatine.

kainee and darklordoftech like this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I bet it's how to tie a cherry stem with your tongue. That secretive ******* would never give up that one (not that Darth Vader would put it to much use.) :p

Darth_Articulate and kainee like this.
  25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    that too