main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. M24wolf

M24wolf Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2013
    Hopefully it will be awesome ^_^

2. starwarsjunkie7

starwarsjunkie7 Jedi Padawan

Jul 16, 2011
    That game turned out to be the best looking and truest game to the movies Star Wars flight simulator on consoles (PCs had the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series).

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I really hope there's no blue tint.

4. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    I don't doubt that it will be a good game, but I still think that the cancelled version would have been much better and more well-timed to say the least, scheduled to be released in 2008, just three years after Battlefront II. Plus, it would actually have been titled Battlefront III, not Dice's radical title of Battlefront which in my opinion devalues the legendary Battlefront that we all remember from 2004. Plus, I feel that the suspense for this game was higher in 2008 than it is now, back when Battlefront was prospering and thus a 2008 release would have ensured the flow of the series.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  5. Rogues1138

Rogues1138 Jedi Master

Jul 15, 2013
    My gut feeling after seeing the trailer is it will be goooooodd!!!!

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Is this game going to be 1st or 3rd person? If it's 1st I've already given up hope.

The one thing that will definitely make me not buy this game, though, would be if greedy EA decided to put in microtransactions.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I was being facetious. Why is "chief" spelled with a capital letter? It is not a proper noun.

Also why did you create line breaks between "C-A-R-Y" and "even", and between "concerning" and "the". Given the way the page formats it just looks like you experiences a series of strokes which interrupted the flow of your ideas.

I suppose, though... Apple fanboi. :rolleyes:

8. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    I am really, really rooting for it, though of course there are pitfalls. Going to close to old battlefront formula will make it feel dated, going too modern FPS will make it feel generic. It really has to straddle a line there but if it does it will be incredible.

9. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Wrong. I missed nothing I would want. Those are NOT Single Player based games. The campaigns are barely 5 hrs long, another reason I am not jubilant about a new BF done by DICE.

10. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    To be fair, the Campaign for Battlefront II wasn't exactly a 15 hour epic. It was amazing, but it didn't take all that long to complete.

11. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I'd like a single player mode for Battlefront 3 as if it was done like the one for 2 where you played as the 501st. This time I would like a sp with the player unit the rebels, maybe Kota's militia for prequel era maps and then the Katarn Commandos or New Republic special forces for the OT Era. Have the voice actor who played Kota in The Force unleashed narrate the prequel era maps and then have the Kyle Katarn voice actor or some try a Crix madine voice for the OT like Temura Morrison did in Battlefront 2's single player.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hope EA doesn't get their hands on the new game

13. Michael McKean

Jun 5, 2013
    Seems too specific, especially for players unfamiliar with Star Wars. Though I do agree that Battlefront 2's campaign, Rise of the Empire, was epic. To be honest, I wouldn't be all to fussed about multiplayer. If DICE focused mainly on multiplayer, it'd just put Battlefront in competition with the likes of Call of Duty, and that is something I feel most of us don't want.

14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    DICE will be focusing on the MP. Most likely, this game will feature map packs too, at the very least, concerning DLC.

As a mostly-SP story-focused gamer (who dabbles into other genres), this is one of the few games I'm buying for it's MP.

15. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    This is GRAND news but I hope its on PC too as I ain't paying that for the new Xbox!

Oh and to hear rumours of 1st person all I can say is "Noooooooooooooooo", if it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

16. Michael McKean

Jun 5, 2013
    There was 1st person in Battlefront I and II, albeit not as the default view.

17. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Aye, and it sucked big fat Jabba globs. :p

18. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Yeah, to me Battlefront has never been a single-player experience anyways. Just multiplayer with bots.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

But you get a closer look at the guns :p

Hando likes this.
  20. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    And unfortunately the Endor bears. :p

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  22. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    What was really cool about Battlefront II was how the campaign focused around the events of Episode III, and later continued into the events of of Episode IV and V. But it was mostly about Episode III and its aftermath, showing battles we never saw in the movies and showing the heartache of the events of Episode III. If this game could do that with the events of Episode VII or maybe even VI and VII, and match its emotional level, then it will be even better.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and CoolyFett like this.
  23. Michael McKean

Jun 5, 2013
    I don't very much fancy looking at a spear for the whole match, or a rock that some of the playable factions used I think ;)

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I got rock, i kill you Gungan traitor :p

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    TFN Main has an update on Battlefront here.

Hando likes this.