main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've been one of the biggest advocates of a Star Wars in which more hot men take their shirts off.

phatdude1138 , I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Just because a woman likes sci-fi/fantasy, doesn't mean her girl bits don't work. We "fan girls" appreciate a hot man just as much as the women who like smaltzy romantic ****.

But if you're saying that Disney needs to write a story along the lines of, "Look, this woman has Alzheimer's, and her husband is going to recount the beginnings of their 50-year marriage over the period of two hours, interspersed with scenes showing that she can't remember any of it. If you aren't in the middle of a really ugly snot-producing cry within about five minutes, you're a heartless *****. Now BE SAD", in order to appeal to women--all I'm going to say is that you underestimate us and our capacity to appreciate a real story.

As far as height--my brother is taller than both of my parents, and my older son is slated to be over six feet tall even with parents who are 5'7" and 5'10". Gosling being 6'1" doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    lol the force is strong with this one
    [​IMG]

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Who the hell is that? Not Motti, the other dude.

Do. Not. Want.

No "eye candy" actor young enough to be my son. Please.

spicer likes this.
  4. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

If it's who I think he is he's already been in Star Wars. Sort of. As Anakin.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1691338/

5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    What do you know. You're absolutely right. Another connection?!

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Here's something, kids.

Patton Oswalt@pattonoswalt 3h
    Re: STAR WARS VII rumors. EVERYONE gets "considered" for EVERYTHING. Steve McQueen was "considered" for SUPERMAN in the 70's. Non-story.

7. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Hopefully, whoever started this rumor, Disney watches the reaction to see what a monumental mistake these castings would be.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If EVERYONE gets considered that must mean I still have a chance. [face_praying]

9. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    How would it be a mistake? Are you willing to shun an actor because girls like him and that he did movies for teens when he was a teen?

10. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I agree thats not exactly fair.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

newdawn12 likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    you seen Spring Breakers? That chick does not look like a 12 year old.

12. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Yeah, basically this. LOL!!

Let's be honest, everyone has preconceived notions of actors. Anyone that says otherwise is fooling themselves, with the exception if they truly do not know who the actor is.

A lot of typical guys don't want a "teen heart throb" in their movies. Is it fair? I don't know. It's just how it is. The PT went through this when NSYNC was rumored to be Jedi in a PT film (I think AOTC?). Star Wars has always been a "lived in, dirty" universe with rough characters. Even Han (who was probably considered attractive) had that big nose and that scar on his chin. Han looked rough. I don't want my Jedi to be "pretty" either.

Heck, I'm ok with Justin Bieber being cast in EP7!!! Really!! But he has to play the part of a spoiled, senator's son, who in the end gets his arms ripped off by a band of wookiees. Everyone has their place in a Star Wars movie. It's just the right part for the right actor...

13. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012

Agreed. I don't have a problem with who they pick either as long its the right person for the part.A miscast I would say was....Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu. As cool as it was...Jackson isn't known for playing tranquil type characters. He does well in more volatile roles

14. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    LOL this is so appropriate:
    [​IMG]

[face_laugh]

Revanfan1, Immortiss and phatdude1138 like this.
  15. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Also I know I'll catch crap for this, but I actually don't want any Solo or Skywalker kids being "super sexy" (male or female). They can be pretty or handsome, but I don't want them "sexed up". For one these are the "children" of characters we grew up with (Han, Leia, Luke). It would be like if you were 40 years old and your best friend who is 40 has a daughter that is 20 and super attractive. It's awkward. Also it's a cheap ploy to get people interested. If the story or the acting is so lame that you have to turn to "sex" to sell a Star Wars movie, then all is lost. I know, people will mention the "gold bikini", but out of 6 hours of OT, it was only part of Leia's character, and it came late in her development (last film).

I just get the creeps thinking of a fully shaved Jedi putting on his tunic over his six pack abs and perfectly highlighted hair. [face_sick]

Immortiss and DarthBreezy like this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I was going to say that Bieber was already in Star Wars, but...ninja'd.

It wasn't just guys who didn't want NSync in AOTC. ;)

I don't care that Jedi look "rough", but if a character is supposed to be a heartthrob, I would prefer that he actually be capable of growing a beard, even if he doesn't grow one.

17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    THIS...

I DID like my RotS 'beefcake' of Anakin, but it wasn't the focus of the film - it was the 'slave Leia' moment (and for GIRLS!) and that was enough - that was half the fun!

PS - I had a screenshot of Haydakin putting on his bathrobe, 'close up' of his 6 pack as my wallpaper (and god save my eyes, the HIP... *WHEW*) - a mere few moments of 'teh sexy' but that was the extent of it...

Edit 2 - Found it!
    [​IMG]

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Plus ROTS!Hayden >>> AOTC!Hayden

Although I actually prefer to watch ANH!Harrison these days.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  19. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    I am ok with Zac Efron as a Jedi, it will pull the girls in, the guys are already there.

20. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    Its all BS. That site has a proven track record of making things up. Don't believe anything you read there.
    The "99.9% ..because its true" line made me spill my soda.

21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That would make me truly happy. :p

Jedirush2112 and DarthBreezy like this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    DarthBreezy, just saw your edit...damn, woman, it's been awhile since I looked at that one.

No wonder Padme got pregnant. That is all.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I have to agree with this, and I'll say that there probably will be a "gold bikini" or "ripped shirt" moment somewhere in the ST. For one, it's a Star Wars trilogy, and it seems to pop up once in a trilogy (AOTC and ROTJ). Secondly, because JJ Abrams. Have you seen Mission: Impossible 3, Ghost Protocol, Star Trek, and Into Darkness? They'll be in there. Just hopefully not a focus, and hopefully not ID's hammy "girl changing clothes" scene.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I get the creeps thinking about a sculpted teenage girl wearing a tube top and then a top with a well-defined boob hole. Star Wars shouldn't go that route.

...FWIW I agree with phatdude1138 about not turning on sex as a selling point, for the same reason I don't like emotional manipulation as a selling point. Just give me a good story, and if there is an aspect of the plot where it fits for a character to be half-naked or the audience to be in tears (hopefully not in the same scene)...great. But don't put that **** there for the hell of it.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    ^Exactly.

[​IMG]

Last thing we need in a Star Wars movie.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.