main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    www.aintitcoolnews.com did an interview with Harrison Ford, and he was able to get 1 SW question in:​

Quint: What about Han? Do you think you're going to able to bring that attitude if you return to Star Wars?​

Harrison Ford: I'm not prepared to talk about it at this point.

2. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Ford could be smart and just wears a "Han shots first" Shirt on every single Event he is in!

Immortiss likes this.
  3. jedilips

jedilips Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    Carrie looks really good at CE. Mark is getting there. ;)

[​IMG]

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Give that man a beard and a lightsaber! :p

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    IMO Ford bashed Han because he didn't want to be type-cast. He didn't want the same fate as Carrie and Mark.

Also IMO he softened his stance because his career is cemented. He's had a great one and now there's no reason to begruge playing Han Solo. In fact, after the disasterous Indy 4, Ford could use a HUGE movie that makes him somewhat relevent again, if even for only one episode.

Pro Scoundrel and Immortiss like this.
  6. jedilips

jedilips Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    I think Ford really respects Abrams too... that probably goes a long way. Not that he doesn't (or didn't) respect Lucas, but I think there's probably a level of excitement in working with JJ.

7. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    Well, sure. He's never worked with JJ Abrams before, whereas he's worked with Lucas on eight movies. He's known for giving Lucas a hard time, but Lucas loves it. Carrie Fisher ribs him too, like when she spoke at tributes to him, or when she did her one-woman show. An interviewer asked her if she "took it easy on Lucas" when he attended her show in Berkeley, and she said, "No. In fact, I was harder on him. He loved it."

8. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    That is SO. COOL! They just need Harrison to pop in and it'll be perfect.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    carrie and mark need to lose a bit more weight and mark needs to grow a beard and away we go.

p.s was thinking about luke's death scene, it could mirrow alec guinness's performance , luke raises his lightsabre and is struck down, disappearing into the force, maybe with alec's voice beforehand saying, "luke....... the force will be with you". Luke gives his opponent a knowing smile and is struck down. Awesome, cool and God damn emotional at thye same time.

TheTwinSuns likes this.
  10. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    Mark does look pretty good. He has that Jedi Master gaze going. I wonder if Peter Mayhew can recreate his role (if Chewie is actually alive in the movie) with his walking problems.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Dude. LMAO at your user name. [face_laugh] Welcome to the boards.

12. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    great to see Jeremy Bulloch involved in this pic, fingers crossed if we get Boba he gets first refusal! Lets face it, he was hardly the most active character in the OT so I'm sure he could still pull it off. I had the pleasure of working with him a few years ago and would love to see him in another star wars flick.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    With all the bashing that some members of the JCF did to Mark and Carrie in recent months, they look surprisingly good. And there is still a few more months until shooting begins. I am, however starting to get impatient about confirmation of the return of the big three.

Immortiss likes this.
  14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Actually, that's not true. He has indeed worked with Abrams on two films over the course of his career. He was the producer for both Regarding Henry and Morning Glory. Harrison starred in both.

Also, loving that image! The whole gang looks great!

15. maychild

Jan 16, 2013
    I stand corrected.

16. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Abrams also wrote Regarding Henry.

That picture makes me wonder about Daniels... He's bound to show up, isn't he? Can he still wear a costume or will C-3PO be fully CG? Hmm...

17. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I would hate a fully-CG 3PO. That's a blatant misuse of CGI, considering he has always been a guy in a metal suit. Plus, CGI on actors never looks quite right on screen, whereas practical effects tend to look better.

If anything, I'd expect someone new in the suit. There was someone on the Force-Cast about six months ago who was hired by LFL to be 3PO for PR events. The guy's already there, so it's likely he could be the guy in the suit.

18. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    I'm surprised no one's called attention to the positioning of Mayhew's cane and Fisher's hand. After all these years, they still can't keep their hands off each other. Bad Wookiee.

[​IMG]

19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    After she kissed a Wookiee, she never went back.

Jedi Merkurian , Yanksfan and Krueger like this.
  21. maychild

Jan 16, 2013
    I agree. C3PO should be a guy in a metal suit. In Episode I, C3PO didn't have his metal plating put on yet, but Anthony Daniels worked the puppet and provided the voice.

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  22. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    You and probably hundreds of other fans who think it's a great idea while ignoring the truth: it's completely predictable. Which is why it shouldn't be done. Luke should SURVIVE Episode VII, and if he DOES die in any of the movies, it should be more like Yoda.

Also, if anyone's curious, Peter Mayhew's wearing this shirt. (when it was originally available, there was a choice of colors I think... unless he got his off another site using the same design)

ChildOfWinds and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  23. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I wondered how much he got paid?

24. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    From the blogs on the Official site Anthony Daniels just smiled when he was asked about the new films at CE II. Seems he will be back. Also Warwick said that when he met Doug Chiang in early TPM production he asked for some small characters to be designed! Warwick also ended the Q and A with Doug Chiang and Iain McCaig by coming up with an alien concept. Looks like he's plugging for a role! Hope he gets it too!

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  25. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    They still have a long way to go...

Jedi Knight Fett and jaqen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.