main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Got a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoba, Oct 23, 2012.

1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

Sure.

2. Salec

Salec Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2013
    It's customary for pilots and captains to name their vessels. What was the name of Luke's T-65 X-Wing? I know it's designation AA-589, but was it ever christened? Same goes for the T16 Skyhopper.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    In ANH when Vader's Tie Advanced goes spinning into outer space before the DS is blown up is that even practical?

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm not sure what you mean by "practical." Vader's wingman swerved the wrong way and ran into him, knocking him out of control and sending him spinning away like a billiard ball. It doesn't violate the laws of physics, if that's what you're asking.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay. I was watching that scene the other day and was thinking about that for some reason

6. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    'It is interesting to note that Vader regains his balance at the very end of that scene, symbolising the fact that, despite initial disruption by the rebels, the Empire is still in control. Beforehand, when the camera is spinning around Vader's cockpit as he struggles for control, this symbolises a disturbance of Imperial power. As for the laws of Physics, I'm not too sure many sci-fi film directors care to much for obliging by them. Nevertheless, those tie-fighters are pretty big so the force of the hit would have sent even a Tie Advanced flying through the air.

7. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    It's interesting to note that in Vader's meditation chamber which was of course filled with oxygen, the force he used to breathe as a human being on Naboo and the like, is the place where he thinks about Padme.

8. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    When ever we see Vader choke someone its by using the force choke, however he uses his hand to choke out Captain Antilles. At first I thought maybe it was maybe so the other rebels would fear Vader but i don't believe there were any other rebels around. Was it for to show the stormstoopers how 'cool" he was? Are did Vader did it to torture Antilles? He could have just forced choked him but i guess Vader wanted it to really hurt.

9. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    I always call him HAN SOLO, HAN, as in (HON) but Lucas, Lando and others seem to call him HAND SOLO! If Lucas says it I guess its the official way to say his name but HAN sounds so much better than HAND

10. Metellos

Metellos Jedi Padawan

Jul 24, 2013
    I think at the time, Vader using the Force to choke someone was not conceived. It was probably planned that he would just choke someone with his hands. I could be wrong, but this is the most likely idea.

11. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    Be he chokes someone later in the movie, so by the time they filmed it, they know he has the power

12. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    That would make sense - except that the scenes on the Blockade Runner were among the last to be shot, and the earlier conference scene on the Death Star would have been earlier, as it included Peter Cushing.

I'm guessing that Vader choking the Rebel soldier with his hands was simply to emphasise his villainy straight away, as well as his size (holding him up by the neck).

13. Metellos

Metellos Jedi Padawan

Jul 24, 2013
    Ah, it looks as though I was incorrect. It probably was to emphasize his villainy, that makes more sense. Thank you for correcting me!

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Vader demonstrated his physical power to his troops. Reason enough. If he appears invincible and godlike to his underlings they won't dare move against him.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Um, cause he's a badass?

16. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Just noticed while watching ROTJ, Luke does not have his saber while he is carrying vader to the shuttle, or when he is helping vader take his mask off but later at the ewok village his saber is back.

Did Luke Leave vaders body in the shuttle and then run all the way back to the observation tower to get it before leaving the 2nd Death Star?

Count Yubnub likes this.
  17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Maybe he left it there, and Artoo had a backup? :p

I could imagine though, Vader lies dead, Luke prepares to get into the shuttle, and–"Aw, nuts, my lightsaber! Obi-Wan's gonna kill me." *Makes beeline for elevator*

Shereshoy Cabur likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    When Han noticed the missing sensor dish, Lando said, "It's not my fault! I was flying away from the explosion free and clear, not a scratch, just like I promised, then WHAM! And I found this flashlight thing wedged into the antenna mount. You find out who owns this thing, you find who's responsible for your dish."

Seagoat likes this.
  19. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013

I could actually see that happening haha

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That was good for a LOL.

21. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    The same reason that Obi-Wan teleports during the duel in Episode II. Those scenes were filmed/reshot at different times, and I suppose they just forgot about minor details like that. So blame it on inconsistent shooting or editing

22. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Someone should do a fanfic were Luke builds a new one in the time it takes to land on the Forrest moon.

23. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Merging into the "got a question" thread.

24. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Merging into Got A Question.

25. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001

Yea i understand why from a story side but my question is more about why, would vader did it not the lucas