main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Congrats, moosemousse! I can relate to being shoved temporarily out of one's usual haunts.

Jedi_Lover: Those lilies look great!

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    So, I've had the same haircut for 19 years and told my friend Heather so. I told her before coming to use her services that I was looking for something different. We decided to trust her judgment and my hair is VERY short now, but I have never had so many positive comments on a Facebook picture.

As for the Royal Family, I'm not an obsessed American. I'm just happy for them. They seem like relatively well-adjusted people and I admire his military service. I was very happy to see a picture of Prince George squalling like a normal baby in his car seat.

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I've lived in America for nineteen years now and I've never really understood the American interest in the Royal family. I myself am British by birth and never had the same keen interest in the royals.

4. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Whereas I'm American of English ancestry who deeply wishes to visit the "old country" and don't give two sheets about the royal family.

Actors act, celebrities just show off.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Goodwood: It wasn't fun and I hope I never have to do it again!

I'm English by birth and I like the monarchy, but I'm not going crazy over them. I think they have a harder job than most people give them credit for, what with the all the diplomacy and foreign relations that they do. Prince William also flies rescue helicopters and Prince Harry is over seas in the army. Yes it is nice to know what they're doing, like official visits and so on, and I was interested in the royal birth enough to wonder about the name, but that's it. I think the media is more interested than the public, and I think that interest is to blame for the death of Princess Diana.

On an amusing note, my step-dad pointed out that Prince George looks like Yoda. I think this is the right picture:
    [​IMG]

In other good news, I have my xbox up and running again! I also have my chair in place so all my entertainment is back to normal. [face_dancing]

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hahaha, that's the perfect picture for that sentiment.

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That baby looks highly irritated. Cute kid, but he does have a Yoda expression.

8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm not sure if I could bring myself to give any less of a crap about the Royal Family than I do now.

Nah, instead I've been concerning myself with the continuing Xbox One saga. Much more interesting to see Microsoft backpedal so fast that it leaves a rut.

Goodwood likes this.
  9. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Hear, hear!

10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. He does kinda look like Yoda, then again most newborns look 900 years old. My band teacher had a kid that looked EXACTLY like the cartoon version Mr. Magoo. It was a pretty ugly baby.

Meanwhile, people in town are Photoshopping the head of our town's mascot (Mr. Prince George - he's a giant log man) onto the baby's head. There are a lot of places in Canada named after princes [Prince Edward Island, Prince Rupert (for awhile before confederation, most of what now is Canada was known as Prince Rupert's Land), Prince Albert] but now we apparently have bragging rights over all of them. It's just sad.

Meanwhile, my family's goal in life is to make me bi-polar. I got an email from my one aunt on my father's side and apparently my grandfather's death has finally started to sink in for my grandmother and she's not taking it well. While on my mother's side everyone is celebrating because my cousin is getting married and my other cousin's wife just found out she is having twins (since my mom had twins as well, she was like the second to be told, even before the grandfather!). I swear I am going to be bi-polar in a week if this keeps up.

11. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Briannakin

And on top of that, you have a forum full of rowdy fanficcers to keep from biting their legs off and such awfulness...

;)

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I know, you guys are just so horrible, I need George Lucas' salary for the PT just to compensate me for dealing with you all ;) :p

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Good thing I'm not very rowdy.

On the bipolar side of things, my mom has obviously been manic lately (no surprise, as she hasn't taken her meds and she's trying to convince her doctor that she's not bipolar), so I've been privy to a lot of her weirder crap lately. She's currently living with someone whose health isn't all that great and she asked me that if something were to happen to her friend, if I would want to move to Florida to live with her.

NOPE!

Didn't even hesitate. Not for a second.

She's also planning on trying to find a way back up to Pennsylvania, while in the same breath, she says that she wants to stay in Florida. I hope she stays in Florida. That way, she's not around me. Florida can keep her. :p

14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thankfully, fanfic is one of the least rowdy places on here.
    Um... Please don't take that as a challenge! ;)

I think my laptop had died. :( On my way to San Diego (where I still am for 1 more day :D ) I was watching a movie and it completely froze. I turned it off and when I went to turn it back in it gets stuck in the start up. We've done everything we've found on the Internet to fix it but it just won't work.
    I think I was jinxed... I've had several people ask me how long I've had it recently and the answer was always, "Around 5 years and it still works great."
    8-}

15. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    mavjade

Yeah, sounds like it has finally given up the ghost, as they say. Best bet is to get a new one and have someone rip out the HDD to copy over any important files. Chalk up another reason I don't like laptops much, they're almost completely non-user serviceable. Whereas with my PC, I can swap out parts until the cows come home.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I've had laptops, Toshiba in particular, do that to me. My first laptop was a Toshiba. It worked great for like 2 years, until one day it just died. A similar thing recently happened to my grandmother's Toshiba. It did everything it wanted for her for like 6 years, until one day it just stopped working. I tried everything but I couldn't get it back. I pretty much run on HPs now and I love them. When I started Uni I got an new laptop so I gave my old one (an HP about 3 and a 1/2 years old) to my autistic cousin. That poor laptop has seen hell and high waters, but it keeps going and going.

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've got a Toshiba laptop from the 90's that would still work if I tried it. My first laptop was a Toshiba that kept going and was only replaced because it wasn't up to my needs. Thinking about it, both were Satellite models. I guess some models last longer than others.

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I didn't expect to be camping, but I am. I got called in to be a second adult leader for a boy scout campout. The original leader's car broke down. I don't like camping. :(

19. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Sounds fun (that was sarcasm).

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks (heavy sarcasm). My chronic health problem is acting up so I feel awful. Fun, fun, fun....not!

21. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    This is one of the reasons I probably won't have kids..I would hate doing it and I'm too selfish

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    The scoutmaster's kid was acting hyper stupid and got yelled at by the leader. The kid got bent out of shape and left the camp. We couldnt find him. So while I was off to the latrine the boys started a search party. An hour later we found the scoutmasters kid, but now mine were missing. We were searching for them. Twenty minutes later I find then sleeping in their tents. They didn't want to search for the missing kid. I just assumed they went.

23. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Reminds me of that episode of King of the Hill; and instead the kids are like superwarped where the parents don't let them do anything they consider overstimulating.

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011

What kind of laptop is it? My half-brother's laptop died the same way, and it was a problem with the integrated Nvidia card and motherboard. If I recall, it was an HP laptop (or was it a Toshiba?), but the problem stemmed from the integrated graphics card. I tried every fix that I could find on it, but it's dead, Jim. Your best bet is to rip out the hard drive and get an SATA/IDE-to-USB cable to extract files from it, if you're worried about losing anything.

25. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    TrakNar:

Yeah, sometimes something can short out on a card and in turn fry the motherboard. I had that happen to an old PC when the nVidia graphics card (not an integrated one) fried and took the motherboard with it. Fortunately, no other systems were affected and it gave me an excuse to upgrade (it was also fortunate that I had enough money saved up to do so).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.