main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yes, bare mid-drifts or hot bodied chicks in skimpy outfits have no place in Star Wars.

StoneRiver and JStepp like this.
  2. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    You dont need this Bikini. Move along.

3. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I've seen Zac Efron in exactly one movie, Liberal Arts, and he was probably one of the better parts in it.

If he plays this kind of role in Star Wars I could get behind that.

Well not 'this kind of role' so much as in the same way.

4. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    wouldn't be the first time he's wielded a sabre....go to the 1:50 mark

Revenge of the Dak likes this.
  5. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    If Efron is in this I'm not watching it.

6. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Now I almost want him to be in this, just for the excuse of this gif becoming a big thing. [face_laugh]

7. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    The more I think about it the more I'm totally cool with it if true. As someone else pointed out, who here baulked at the idea of Heath Ledger primarily known for teen romcoms as the Joker?

8. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Indeed. Efron has really improved since his HSM days, so if he were to be in this, I think he'd do really well. It might even get rid of that stigma the HSM series gave him and provide him a role that he ends up being more commonly associated with by the general public.

9. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

I see what you did there ;)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Ep VII should just be the video shoot of a Star Wars swimsuit calendar.

11. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Damn dudes, wanting to have all the fun...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  13. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    It's lame that women go to see a movie just because some guy's in it. What happened to seeing a movie because of its story?

14. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Exactly, because look at that face. That's a 12-year-old's face. It's gross.

15. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    You will try

“I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.” – Jango Fett

FinleySlade likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Darth Shibs :

[face_plain]

I'm going to hope that you aren't really putting forth the idea that all women are too stupid to appreciate a good story and only go to movies to see a favorite actor whereas men, being the intellectual superiors that they are, only go to movies to appreciate a good story and would never be drawn to two hours of screen time featuring a chick in a gold bikini or a white jumpsuit whose torso is ripped.

Guys have had a hell of a lot more eye candy in Star Wars but we're "lame" for asking for our fair share? Seriously?

Or are you trolling?

17. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Personally I don't think there's anything wrong seeing a movie with your favorite actor in it. Especially if you appreciate their work and that's the reason you want to see it.
    Though that's not to say all of an actors movies would be choice...cowboys and aliens sucked personally and it had
    Two of my favorites in it harrison ford and daniel craig.

Most of harrisons movies though have been good. I think in addition to plot...actors largelyinfluence what movies people go see.

Though, I wouldn't go to a Star Wars movies primarily to see.a hot guy

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I know who shouldn't play the teenage girls: any Disney star. And especially, if they're going with the protagonist/main character route with the two of them, not these two:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please, no.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    There are enough superficial people in here hating on former Disney actors simply because they are former Disney actors that I am starting to hope that outside of the big 3 that they cast all former Disney actors. Including Hannah Montana.

FinleySlade likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm one of those people who said they hated this casting rumor but it had nothing to do with either of them being former Disney actors. I don't like their acting abilities or any movies I've seen them in. So why would I want them in the film?

21. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    Efron? Seriously? When I see stories like these they hardly register as even a blip on my radar. These are the N*SYNC/DiCaprio rumors of the new generation.

PrincessKenobi and krtmd like this.
  22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Ha, the 'net meltdown would be priceless. Hopefully Hilary Duff is signing the contract to play Luke's daughter as we speak.

23. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
  24. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013

I think the Leo analogy actually brings up a good point: DiCaprio is one of the best actors out there now, but at the time he had a pretty boy image from his role in Titanic. Had he been cast? Maybe we look at the PT differently because, as it turns out, he's actually a great actor. Who's to say that just because these dudes are "pretty boys" that they can't act? Chiznuk's opinion is one thing but dismissing them because of Disney ties and preconceived notions is another.

Personally speaking, I think the only movie I've seen Gosling in is the comedy with Steve Carrel and the girl from The Amazing Spiderman, I'm blanking on her name. I enjoyed the movie itself and think he did a good enough job. It's been a while and I wasn't scrutinizing his acting abilities for how he could do in a Star Wars film, though. lol. Never seen anything of Efron's.

themetresgained likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I watched Django Unchained last night; that movie and J. Edgar convinced me that Leo has a great acting range. I don't think he did in the late 90s though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2