main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The odyssey of the Kerebuy hawk, part 17 End of the odyssey (story complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, May 23, 2013.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Mr. Smith seems nice. :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I hope that my new flat community has a good working internet. Not only will I miss my husband DarthUncle like hell, but I also run danger to miss all your updates in here.

[face_nail_biting]

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Gerrik is really nice as you can see in the next part
    He sells Lisa to....

Part 16

The rising suns were colouring the desert mauve. A small apartment was still in the shadow of a great stable for eopies.

Halfir was stirring awake. It was his second wake-up in the hut that served as a hospital room for Jesin and him. Food and drinks gave no more trouble. Jesin was now without the pesky IV and had – with Tonia arguing to get practising – left his bed a few times. He heard the Eopies and the soft cry of a baby. And that cry and what he was feeling had him putting up his shields. Two beings – very strong with the power of the engwa eiaala – were in the stable. The crying baby was a bright beacon.

“Mwah aaaih.”

Halfir turned his head to the bed next to him and whispered “Jesin shields!”

“Uh mwaah uh yes,” Jesin reached out – eyes snapping open and alert – and did as ordered. Hiding in the Force was an ability he had mastered long ago. “That’s a Jedi with a baby!”

“A man with Force powers and we don’t want him to sense us. It can get him and us in trouble. Just listen.”

“Yes Halfir.” Jesin did as told and had to strain his ears to hear.

“That’s why you came to my stable.”

“Travelling on an eopie will be comfortable for me. I lost my brother and sister in law on Coruscant. Luke is their only child and I will take him to my brother Owen who lives in a small community near Anchorhead. I have only these possessions.”

“Let’s see. I have here an old eopie that’s not wanted anymore by my customers but she is…”

“Wanted by someone who will give her a nice old day?”

“Yes and if you pay me five credits for the food and fifteen for the saddle she is yours.”

“I will take her. And now I have to feed Luke. He is getting quite agitated.”

“Lisa, come you have a new owner. Be gentle to him and give him all the support he needs.”

Halfir heard footsteps and the plodding feet of the eopie headed to the exit of the stable. He knew that saddles and food were now stored in another shack. He was glad that old Lisa could get a nice old day. And he saw Jesin – eyes big and showing disbelief and agitation on his face – sitting up.

“That was a Jedi with a brother and sister in law. I recognised his voice and Force signature immediately and he is hurt,” Jesin uttered. “Obi-Wan Kenobi was here. How is that possible? Jedi mostly don’t know their siblings and parents and marriage is forbidden by the code. I have never heard that Master Kenobi had a brother Owen Kenobi. What happened to him?”

“Jesin calm down. Master Kenobi must have escaped the imperials after saving one of the babies in the Jeditemple and getting hurt. He must have taken care of his injuries but I too could sense a deep sorrow and pain not coming from physical injuries. Maybe he is telling a tale to Gerrik to hide where he is going.”

“I see,” Jesin began to smile. “Master Kenobi is taking Luke to Owen whatever his name. That family will have a Jedi in the house!” And he sobered up when he felt again the rising anguish. “Jedi, almost all Jedi are dead. Was baby Luke in the temple when it was invaded? I never saw a Luke when I did my chores in the baby ward. I liked to care for the little ones and knew them all by name. Or where was he? Obi-Wan was able to save only him. All my friends…” He dropped down on the pillows clutching the sheets and started to cry softly.

tbc

Nightvision91 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great tie-in to events with Obi-Wan, the Larses, and Luke :cool: Hard memories for Jesin @};- @};-

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Poor Jesin!

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The crying baby was a bright beacon.

I am glad that the Empire never saw that beacon before it was too late.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More meetings will follow but first the end of the first part 'Escape'

Part 17

Tonia Egvards was closing the door of her apartment in a street on the outskirts of Mos Eisley. She wore a crimson dress with an iridescent shawl draped around her shoulders. She saw Gerrik strapping an old chest of intricate design with artfully applied chromium dots on the broad back of an old eopie.

A cloaked figure was just watching it and holding something. It was a young man making soft sounds and when he turned in her direction she saw what he was holding. It was a baby and he had just finished feeding the little boy. The man had ginger hair and his face was streaked with tears and his cerulean blue eyes were liquid with them. On his hands were barely healed burns and he had a strained expression as if he had seen a demon. He was busy with a soft white papoose and wrapped the baby in it and put it on his back. “Goodbye” The man mounted the eopie and rode off into the rising suns into the desert.

“Good morning Gerrik,” Tonia greeted. “That was a sad looking man.”

“He told me he has lost his brother and sister in law in the wars and the baby boy was their only child. He is taking the boy to his other brother who lives in a small community.”

‘Why did he take an eopie and not a speeder?”

“He was very poor and could only afford one old eopie. I have sold Lisa to him. She will carry them safe to where ever they are going.”

“I hope they will find some happiness in this dark bleak galaxy. Tatooine is not under the scrutiny of the Empire yet.”

“And let’s keep it that way.”

“And I think he will love Lisa, she is a very gentle eopie.”

“I gave her away for free and just got the credits for food, supplies and the saddle. That man needs comfort after whatever he has been into.”

“He will have no love for the empire,” Tonia mused. “Maybe he and the baby will become a part of the rebellion that will sure rise.”

“I will help him if I see him again,” Gerrik began to walk back to his stable.

Tonia headed after him. She had to prepare breakfast for her two patients. She had the same ideas.

FIN

Jesin, Halfir and friends will return in ‘Tent, cave, hut and Hutt’ the second part of ‘The odyssey of the Kerebuy hawk’

Nightvision91 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very nice ending to a great story.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent wrap =D= Tonia and Gerrik are decent, kind folk :)

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “I hope they will find some happiness in this dark bleak galaxy. Tatooine is not under the scrutiny of the Empire yet.”

Yeah, but it is Hutt territory, which can be worse at times.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The next part is beginning
    And helping when they can
    You will see in the next part

Part 1 of 4

Tent, cave, hut and Hutt

Part 1

Tatooine remained a back-water planet. The empire had only a small garrison of troopers stationed in Mos Eisley.

Halfir and Jesin had been recovering steadily under the good care of Gerrik, Tonia, Rodney and Irvin.

Halfir had been back to the hospital for more small procedures with the last one – only two weeks ago – to remove the ‘nuts and bolts’ from his lower left arm. He had had his fun telling Kyle Derquin and Grady Rydell about the sleep-doctors on Moniron and could inspire them to use those techniques for frightened patients.

Helping Gerrik with his eopies had been nice for getting strength back.

Tonia had taken Halfir and Jesin on rides in the desert.

The stable was thriving with customers coming back after a nice ride.

But the Kerebuy Hawk remained in the backyard and the mournful tootles and beeps of Messy – helping with repairs in the stable – had Halfir deciding to bring his merchandise to Jabba the Hutt.

On an early morning Halfir headed to the freighter after finishing his breakfast and seeing Tonia coming to help Jesin. Lowering the ramp with the remote control he entered the freighter and asked “Messy will you get Jesin?”
    Tweep triiiit. Messy hurried down the ramp towards the stable.

Jesin was all smiles. His brace was removed by Tonia and he could now walk without the cumbersome crutches.

“You are doing great,” Tonia grinned when she saw Jesin taking resolute steps towards the stable and back to her and avoiding an agitated Messy.

“Hey,” Jesin turned to Messy. “What’s up little fellow?”

Pwiieet pwoot.

“Ah I have to come to the Kerebuy Hawk,” Jesin surmised. “And what about Tonia?”

“I am a little late but the professor won’t mind,” Tonia began.

“You have to go now Tonia,” Jesin quipped. “Professor Callis will have his two minute questions ready for you and he doesn’t like to wait. You have heard Halfir’s story.”

“Of course,” Tonia was now doubled over with laughter. “Halfir arrived late for a skin-procedure and got into arguments with Irvin. I hope that arguing-until-you-have-deaf-ears Majeski steers clear of hospitals in the future. And the same counts for you. See you.”

Jesin saw her leaving and hurried after the beeping astromech towards the Kerebuy Hawk.

“And now a tent and we are ready to go to Jabba the Hutt’s castle,” Jesin grinned and caressed one of the eopies now saddled and carrying the bags with ore.

“I have sold the tent I owned to that sad man who bought old Lisa. It was in the deal with the food and the saddle,” Gerrik had now a very sad look on his face. “I can tell you more about him. He lost his brother and sister in law in the wars and the baby boy was their only child. He was taking the boy to his other brother who lives in a small community.”

“I have heard him talking to you,” Halfir mused. “The man and boy were also beings strong with the Force and have to hide for the imps. Out in the Jundland waste on one of the moisture farms they will be safe.”

“Sure with Lisa guiding and comforting them,” Gerrik – face brightening up – hurried to a ladder and climbed it to reach the store room above the stables. Some rummaging followed and a bundle of cloth was tossed down followed by Gerrik climbing down and unfolding the cloth. “That can serve as a tent but you have to use the eopies to make it. I will demonstrate outside.”

tbc

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Good start! That was a sad story about loosing family.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Obi-Wan lost his whole family and Luke lost his mother.

The next part has some lessons and fun

Part 2

The two suns of Tatooine were slipping towards the horizon, colouring the landscape in orange and yellow and highlighting the four eopies, two loaded with merchandise and two with riders.

“We will set up camp at the Solur-a-har rocks,” Halfir pointed to a rockformation. “It is a place used for a camp by the Es-Hara Tusken but during this time of the year deserted.”

“Tusken raiders can be trouble,” Jesin halted his eopie. “Our teachers told us about the violent raids and their dislike of strangers.” He saw the relaxed looks on Halfir’s face and got very curious about the why and had his eyebrows rising.

“I met the Es-Hara Tusken during one of my trips in the desert.” Halfir grinned when he saw Jesin’s expression. The teenager was eager to learn new things. “They were quite friendly when I saved one of their children during a sandstorm. I was headed with the Kerebuy Hawk to Mos Eisley when I spotted in a canyon a bantha that was obviously injured. I landed the freighter and saw that the bantha was dead. Huddled at his side was a whimpering child. And warned by Messy that a storm was approaching I hurried with the child inside the freighter and heard from him where his tribe was. I could land the Kerebuy Hawk near the Solur-a-har rocks, had a happy child returning to his parents and heard their history.” Halfir directed his eopie to the rockformation.

“Hey like Revan. We have heard the story of his search for the Star Forge and his redemption,” Jesin had to follow and began to tell very eagerly about the redeemed Jedi. A few times he had to pause when a lump was forming in his throat. Remembering his friends the Jedi was still very emotional for him. “One of the clues was found here on Tatooine. He met a Tusken tribe and could hear some of their history.”

“Ancestors of the Es-Hara Tusken,” Halfir began to chuckle. “I was called the red Revan when I came down the ramp of the Kerebuy Hawk with the hood of my cloak doffed and carrying their child. And that had me asking about their history and hearing it too. It saddens me that the Tusken are shunned by most of the beings.”

“Not all Tusken are unfriendly. Among the Jedi we had A'Sharad Hett and he was a human raised by the Tusken,” Jesin mused. “He helped often with lightsaber training and was very friendly towards me. I wonder where he is because I didn’t feel him become one with the Force.”

“I have heard about him and his father Sharad Hett when I visited the Es-Hara. We will be safe here and I will tell you more about the Tatooine natives.” Halfir hopped down from his eopie and ordered her to settle down. And with Jesin helping the eopies were soon all resting on their folded legs. Saddles and packs were removed. Saddle-cloths remained because they gave comfort to the eopies. The cloth was unpacked and formed soon a tent when it was tied to the four saddle-cloths.

“We will have a rumbling tent,” Jesin remarked when he sat down with his back resting against the side of an eopie and heard the churning stomach.

“Even more after this,” Halfir began to tie the foodsacks around the heads of the eopies. “Tomorrow I hope a moisture farm will be our next stop.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL on the rumbling tent and great reminiscences about encounters with Tuskens :cool: Tahiri Veila is another whose personal history ties closely to that mysterious, often fierce group. :)

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A'Sharad Hett - oh boy! Darth Krayt alert.
    Great chapter!

16. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    Oh man Hett! Excited to see how this adventure works out.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Tuskens yes, they will meet the Tuskens and a certain Tusken in the next viggie following after
    Tent, cave, hut and Hutt

First more Krayt dragons

Part 3

Tales about Tatooine natives continued the next day and the day after that.
    Jesin was glad that he could rest in a real bed during the second night. A moisture farmer had offered them hospitality and had told more about Tatooine. Discovering a part of a very big bone in the courtyard had Jesin asking who had been the owner of the vertebrae. ‘This Krayt dragon bone is very old and was found by me when I started working to clear a place for a new vaporator’ was what the farmer told and had shown him a real book with pictures of the native animals, one of them the feared Krayt dragon.

But Jesin – rather tired after two days in the saddle and a night sleeping huddled against a resting and quite noisy eopie – had started to blink with his eyes when he began to leaf through the book coming to the first page – about womprats – and was ordered by the wife of the farmer to hit the sack. No urging was needed however when Jesin saw the sack being a very comfortable bed.

- - -

Halfir was guiding the eopies through a rocky canyon when he saw Jesin halting his eopie. He halted as well and turned in his saddle.

“What’s that,” Jesin was pointing to a white piece of stone that was too regular to be of natural origin.

Halfir dismounted and joined by Jesin he moved the collected sand around the piece to unearth a curved bone. “It’s too big to be a bantha bone. It must be from a Krayt dragon. Ah dragons. I will tell you about the darrin. We have to go and find if possible a cave for the night.”

Jesin mounted his eopie again after seeing Halfir doing the same. He knew that Halfir wanted to reach Jabba’s place tomorrow.

- - -

“I am glad we found this cave,” Halfir guided the two eopies inside. “And no Jesin, it isn’t a Krayt dragon’s lair.”

“I would have liked to meet the creatures.” Jesin came in with his two eopies.

“Jesin, Krayt dragons are big, grab you with their claws and teeth and grind you to little pieces.”

“And the young ones? Can you train a Krayt dragon to be your ride? You have told me of the winged Darrin of Moniron from long ago. That was a ride for warriors.”

“Krayt dragons are wild and untrainable. Get our bedding spread out. I will stir up some dinner for two.” Halfir took some gear from his ride. “And I will tell you more about the krayt dragon after the meal.

Jesin saw that the cave could provide them with a nice place to put the bedding. He guided the four eopies to a part where the animals could settle down comfortably. Bedrolls were put in a part far away from the animals and he had them fed and the bedding completed when Halfir was ready with the meals.

tbc

AzureAngel2 and Nightvision91 like this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Krayt dragons definitely untrainable and wild :p Glad they steered clear.

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, it is best to stay away.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks again for reading and here is the last part of Tent, cave, hut and Hutt

Part 4

“Do I have to assume a new identity?” Jesin Fialka was guiding his eopie to a halt before a forbidding fortress.

“Not necessary,” Halfir Majeski replied. He was seated on the other eopie and guiding two heavy loaded eopies on a leash. “Jabba the Hutt is not interested in the fact that I have a new assistant. He just wants that precious metal ore what is loaded on the eopies.”

“But he is your boss.”

“Yeah sort of but I own the YT-1300 light freighter that’s now in need of repairs. You don’t have to worry about Jabba at all.” He steered his ride before the door and tapped with his hand on the place where a protrusion indicated the comsystem.

An iris opened and an eye on a stalk shot out.

“Halfir Majeski and Jesin Fialka are here to see Jabba the Hutt.” Halfir saw the metal eye coming very close to his face before retracting in its hold.

A door remained shut and silent.

Jesin started to snicker “I have to get a new identity.”

Halfir banged now more loudly on the door, satisfied when the lid opened again to reveal the eye. “Don’t let this be misunderstood. I am Halfir Majeski and this is Jesin Fialka. He is my new assistant.”

A door started to open revealing the sharp spikes at the underside.

“I have a very bad feeling.”

“Jesin do what I told you. Get in and don’t worry. We will leave this palace the way we have come.”

“Sure boss,” Jesin followed Halfir as soon as there was enough room for them and their eopies. And he came to a stop before a Gamorrean guard that eyed him with a confused look on his face. Like Halfir he dismounted after guiding the eopie down and heard a soft command coming from the older man.

“You will lead us immediately to Jabba.”

“I will lead you immediately to Jabba,” the guard replied in a monotone and began to head down the cavernous hall.

“Why did you have to confuse him?” Jesin whispered only for Halfir to hear.

“I had to because the Gamorrean was interested in our supplies. We need those on the way back to Mos Eisley.”

“And that puts me at ease,” Jesin whispered when he followed Halfir and the guard to a large room. The same way back to Mos Eisley meant again sleeping in a cave that was nice, a bed at a moisture farm and a smelly tent with the eopies serving as tent poles.

“Halfir Majeski and his assistant Jesin Fialka are here to see Jabba,” the guard stated. “But there…”

“Don’t deny them entrance. I will lead them to Jabba,” Bib Fortuna bowed to Halfir – recognising him – and Jesin. “They have the merchandise for my master. Don’t come near their property or you will suffer the consequences.”

The guard squealed and hurried away.

“I have to admit that the Twi’lek was very rude to the Gamorrean but we gained entrance to Jabba,” Halfir was unloading the last bags of ore with Jesin helping him.

“And you didn’t have to use any mindtrick on Jabba to have him giving us the credits we earned,” Jesin snickered.

“A mindtrick on Jabba,” Halfir began to laugh. “That doesn’t work on a Hutt. We can go now and be back in that Krayt dragon cave before the night.”

“Where – I have to admit – are no Krayt dragons at all,” Jesin lead his eopie to the opening door.

“I have to tell you more stories,” Halfir grinned. The meeting with Jabba had gone even better than expected. He had told about his grounded freighter and the extensive repairs it needed.

“I know and make them about Tatooine and its culture,” Jesin tugged at the leash of the eopie he was guiding. “We have a Huttlet and his sibling to educate.” He had to tell Jabba how he had ended up as Halfir’s assistant and had made up a story about being his student after meeting him in a hospital. He was sure he would learn to speak Huttese in a very short time. He was already fluent in Srii-wook and the old Dunai elder language.

“Thanks to your remark that you had cared for babies and toddlers we have to report to Sluur the Hutt when we are back in Mos Eisley. We are now hutt-sitters for a forty eight and a hundred and two years old Hutt.”

“Hutt-sitters,” Jesin laughed. “And we are living in a hut.”

- - -

The journey back to Mos Eisley was uneventful with Halfir teaching Jesin more about the Dunai elder, darrin and Tatooine.
    Back at the stable Tonia came with the news that her brother Tom had a new job as a pilot for the luxurious yacht of Milindus Migilian. The Migilian pod-racing stable was famous. Milindus owned also a large factory for medical supplies on Chandrila and was friends with Mon Mothma. With podraces tolerated on Tatooine Tonia was sure that she would meet her brother now more often. He was ten years older and had left Tatooine to study on Chandrila when Tonia was eight.

FIN

The following story will deal with Hutt and Hett

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! Do look forward to reading more about Tonia, and her brother.

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The journey back to Mos Eisley was uneventful with Halfir teaching Jesin more about the Dunai elder, darrin and Tatooine.
    Back at the stable Tonia came with the news that her brother Tom had a new job as a pilot for the luxurious yacht of Milindus Migilian. The Migilian pod-racing stable was famous. Milindus owned also a large factory for medical supplies on Chandrila and was friends with Mon Mothma. With podraces tolerated on Tatooine Tonia was sure that she would meet her brother now more often. He was ten years older and had left Tatooine to study on Chandrila when Tonia was eight.

And you weave your stories further and further, bringing light into a galaxy that has gone dark. =D=

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hahaha!! That was great.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nyota's Heart AzureAngel2 Hazel Nightvision91
    Thanks all for reading.
    Tonia is again in the next story.

17 BBY

Hutt and Hett
    Part 1
    “Have a nice day Hutt-sitters!” Tonia Egvards stopped when Jesin and Halfir were turning round the corner to head into the old part of Mos Eisley where the im- and export business of Sluur the Hutt and his son Moio and daughter Slura was their destiny. She was going to the university to follow the lessons of Rodney Jaffe. Besides ‘Hutt-sitting’ the two Dunai elder helped Sluur with his ‘paper-work’ and more tasks. Formally Jabba the Hutt was Halfir’s boss but he could only get back to do jobs for him after the Kerebuy Hawk was repaired. With Jabba having a favour to give to Sluur he had pointed Halfir and Jesin to the Hutt.

“Moio is like a ten year old human and just as mischievous as one,” Jesin quipped. “He is maturing much more slowly than me.”

“I know and he can live even longer than you,” Tonia laughed. “See you after work at Chalmun’s cantina.”

“We will,” Halfir grinned. “Messy is helping Gerrik this time.” Taking Messy to Sluur was great but the visit for the first time to Chalmun’s cantina had ended almost in a disaster when Messy – being refused entry by the refurbished Fabritech EPT-212 system in the entryway – began his version of a protest. The ear-splitting noise he had produced had emptied the cantina in no time and the band complaining even more loudly.

“No droid nuisance,” Tonia headed to the university hospital. She knew now everything about the Dunai elder species and their longevity. Jesin was seventeen and was a Dunai elder as confirmed by a DNA-test run by Rodney Jaffe. He had found matches between Jesin’s and Halfir’s DNA. And maturing just as fast as humans Jesin – being a teenager – displayed all the pranks and curious behaviour most of his age mates were famous for. Jesin was now able to cope with the loss of his Jedi friends. He had drawn a picture of his lightsaber when he was telling about his days as a padawan.

Tonia was glad that Halfir was teaching Jesin the ways of the Dunai elder. She joined the two often and could profit too when she practised the kind ways of dealing with a patient during her lessons with Rodney and Irvin.

Watching the ‘Hutt-sitting’ had been educational too.

Huttlet Moio had just turned fifty and had forever left the brood pouch of his father two weeks ago. He was the second child from Sluur and the Hutt liked him to be educated in the same way as his daughter Slura. The Huttlets were often seen slithering through the vast storerooms of their father with Jesin or Halfir pointing at the various goods. She had met Sluur and his children many times. Sluur had proven to be a nice and honest boss to work for. He had allowed his son to leave the brood pouch as often as he wanted. And seeing these three Hutts had changed her view of seeing Hutts only as crime-lords.

Sluur had told her about his nephew Zinno who had a factory in Mos Eisley and owned a medical facility at the Mos Espa podracing arena. And that had her becoming very interested because she was four years away from graduating as a doctor. Her brother Tom came now more often to Tatooine with his boss Milindus Migilian to transport the pod-racers to the arena. And with her parents living on a moisture-farm quite near Mos Espa she wanted to move to that area.

tbc

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great start! :)