main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Commander Cody, a sad end

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kev Snowmane, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    I was browsing Wookiepedia and found Cody's entry...it said this about his post-CW service to the Empire:

I suppose not everyone in the SW universe gets a happy ending, but this just makes me sad. Cody was a good character.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    One episode of Rebels could change all of that...

3. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    True, since aired canon overrides EU/game canon.

4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm really hoping Rebels overrides the crap that is TFU. It's a fun game, but it never should have been apart of SW canon, IMO.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Cody is too cool to die.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  6. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I only care that MaulKiller exists... the rest can burn like Kashyyyk after I left it in the prologue.

7. Ken Obi

Ken Obi Jedi Padawan

Jul 18, 2013
    One of my favourite things about TCW is how it showed the clones were more than just flesh and blood versions of droids - they were people. They had their own unique personalities, their own thoughts, their own personalities, their own viewpoints and opinions, the ability to make independent decisions... I hope we see them in Rebels with Cody of course the 'main' clone (as well as Rex perhaps).

It'd be fascinating to see the 'Dark Times' through the eyes of Cody and other clones much like we saw the Clone Wars through them. Maybe we could see how they really felt about carrying out Order 66, the frustration they felt of clones becoming a dying breed in the Imperial Army, how they felt about fighting for the Empire...

I'd also like to see a clone, or clones, who refused to help carry out Order 66 feature in an episode, TCW showed us occasionally clones were able to disobey orders if they felt strongly that they were wrong.

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    QFT. I hate that it takes a Jedi to organise the Rebellion. It's just so annoying; every worthwhile and righteous deed in the galaxy must be the result of interference of a Force-user. :rolleyes:

9. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Needed to counterbalance the fact that Hego Damask knew everyone.

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Wait–so that's why Sidious let Maul live–so that 18 years later, Vader could secretly make Maulkiller!

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And then TFU III can go ahead and override that. :cool:

[​IMG]

12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Battlefront III approves of this msg.:p

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I could actually see Cody as a nice part of Rebels. Cody did survive a lot in TCW so I doubt Starkiller could kill the commander!

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Even thought he was barely in the show [face_laugh] but yea Starkiller doesn't deserve to kill him

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Indeed, he was wasted. But in the episodes he appeared, he did survive difficult odds!

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  17. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    I hope he goes on to loyally serve the Empire and perishes fighting the rebels, whom he curses to his last dying breath.

Why? Because I'm tired of the ridiculous notion that the clones are good guys. They aren't. They gun down Jedi children in cold blood when ordered to do so. Rebels needs to show that.

18. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011

I agree.

19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    But they were before Order 66 (if you see the Republic as the good guys).

20. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I believe Cody, Fives and Rex will all appear in Rebels one way or another, they were too significant in TCW and with all of them having their fates up in the air allows them to appear and we can see their view on things the Empire is doing.

I do think Cody will be the main clone of the series too, someone Vader can rely upon.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Speaking of which, could it be argued that the Republic destroyed Alderaan?

22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    You are so wrong. The only "Jedi child" the clones gunned down was Zett Jukassa. And he was attacking them with a lightsaber. Anakin killed the other kids. Palpatine was the bad guy, never the clones. So they take orders; so what? Isn't that what a, um, good soldier does? They were lied to. Palpatine told them the Jedi betrayed the Republic. The clones thought the Jedi were bad guys. They just did their job: kill bad guys. They accidentally killed the good guys instead because they were lied to. That is the way it is and always has been. The clones were never supposed to be portrayed as "bad guys."

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    And I wouldn't be surprised if the 501st was bred not to distinguish children and adults...

DurararaFTW and SithStarSlayer like this.
  24. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Why in the world would you believe that? They weren't bred any differently than the rest of the clones.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Because Palpatine might have planned the attack on the Jedi Temple far in advance and as part of that plan could have bred clones suited to the task.