main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Episode VII at D23

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ManaByte, Jul 26, 2013.

1. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    So two weeks from tomorrow, on August 10th, Disney studios chairman Alan Horn will present the Disney Studios live action slate at a 10:00am panel at Disney's bi-annual D23 convention.

There's a rumor floating around social media that Kathleen Kennedy will show up at the panel with some kind of casting-related announcement as well as a video message from JJ Abrams. The casting could be confirmation of those rumors from earlier this week, or it could be the "big three". One Hollywood trade asked Disney about that and they said at that point (two weeks ago) that it was "wishful thinking".

Also, Kevin Feige confirmed to Collider that Marvel is again at D23. It'll likely be at the same panel, so if Disney has new Marvel stuff to show there...it's not far to assume the Star Wars rumors are true.

kainee and darklordoftech like this.
  2. Pewga

Pewga Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2013
    Hope so. I'm thirsty for Episode VII news like I am thirsty for some Gatorade after running track for an hour.

lord_eidolon likes this.
  3. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    The rumor for the video was for CII not D23. I think even LFL said there was no Episode VII stuff at D23.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  4. Pewga

Pewga Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2013
    I'm sure information will arise soon, regardless. It's not like it's about to go into production or anything. :p

5. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Right. From all the articles I've been reading, they are waiting for D23 for the big news.

I've heard the casting announcement rumors for D23 as well - something along the lines of some familiar faces showing up to make the announcement. But again, all rumor. It's just as likely to happen tomorrow at CEII. We'll just have to wait and see what goes down.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I think this is what he means. http://roqoodepot.com/2013/07/23/ceii-rumors/

TheStorm likes this.
  8. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Regardless, I agree that we will get some viable information in the coming weeks.

9. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002
    Ya it would make little sense for JJ to have a video conference when D23 is in his back yard. The reason for the video talk is because he is in the states and does not have the time to fly to Europe right now.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We'll get some information in a few hours or I'll show Disney what Vader meant when he said the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant! :p

11. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002
    http://www.theforce.net/story/front...VII_News_At_SDCC_153062.asp#comment-975089136

12. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I am still holding out hope that our friends in Europe get something big before the weekend is over.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Wasn't the reason for not giving anything at Comic-Con because they didn't want Star Wars to have to share the spotlight and if so wouldn't the same hold true for D23? There are plenty of other things going on at D23 but with CEII SW has the total spotlight on them. I can't see them wasting that opportunity.

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I just looked at the StarWars.com statement again and I don't see anywhere in that article where it says Episode VII will not have a presence at D23. The rumor the TF.N article is referring to that LFL debunked was a casting rumor started by ClubJade that I referenced above about some familiar faces showing up for an announcement.

Prior to SDCC, Disney also said that they are holding back on any major announcements at that event to prevent getting buried under other big announcements going on that weekend. They are saving everything for D23 (although, they left out CEII - but after tomorrow, we'll find out where that fits into the mix).

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  15. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    With the SW.com post, it says specifically that Episode VII content will not be at comic-con. This leads me to believe that we'll get VII content at the other two conventions.

16. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002
    Hmm maybe I felt it was saying no to D23. But I figure they are going to at least do the video thing though. No reason for the video rumor which was pointed at CII not D23. I'm not against having both though.

17. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Realistically if there are any announcements at CEII, it would just be the Big 3 and maybe JJ's video. But at D23, we could get other casting news, a release date, and possibly even a full title.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    According to Ian McDiarmid there's some suprising cast members that will be announced with the big 3.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Yeah I heard about that earlier. That would be most impressive.

20. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Where did that come from?

21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    He said it at CEII this morning as well as saying that the announcement would come soon.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't find it. Google has failed me for the last time!

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Unfortunely I don't have a link either. I heard it from Darth_Pevra who was following people that were in attendance. So it's all second hand and we'll just have to wait and see.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    He also said it would be announced soon which which would mean this weekend or D23

25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    And why would people go in the future. If they want to keep Celebration relevant, bring some big news. SW NEEDS its own platform.

TheStorm and Darth Chiznuk like this.