main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Just an FYI...

I've been busy with DRL and medical appointments this week. I have been working up my post for the week and should have it done tomorrow night.

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I look forward to it! For my part, I'm thinking that this week we did some learning that aught to be put down for the record. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  3. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    LOL! No spoilers! :p

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Kaitlyn Vehn has a well established precedent of firing people. I don't think that qualifies as a spoiler. [face_laugh]

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    But how can it be a spoiler if we haven't thought it up yet? [face_thinking]

Unless saying that it is very likely that a small-market team will win the Cup this year despite having a crappy season, which is probably not a spoiler as much as a sad fact for us long-term players.

6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    How are Kaitlyn and Verity Vehn related again?

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

7. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Is the league average really 43.25 points because ouch. I know I'm used to a low-score sport but still that seems... high. Ah well, the score doesn't matter because you gotta win.

(Sidenote: I cannot wait for the NHL season to start to I can start using John Tortorella quotes in my posts. While hockey will likely continue to frustrate me at least my team is going to be pure gold for quotes)

8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Jedi Gunny, good post. Is Jed going to turn into an alcoholic? I wouldn't put anything past you at this point. :p

Oh, and a reminder that LFL games are 48 minutes in length, not 60.

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Picky, aren't you? :p

And I thought that to be Bakuran meant to be an alcoholic. Right, Trieste ? :p

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Sisters in-law. Kaitlyn married Liam Vehn, Verity's sister.

Now, Kaitlyn and Kerry Trieste...that's more complicated. Kerry's brother Oisin married Verity whose brother Liam married Kaitlyn...so does that make them sisters in-in-law? I have no idea. I keep forgetting to ask somebody.
    Shockingly, that is the average of the league over two games. It works out to 21.625 points per game. Now, if we assume the statistical average would be the exact middle of the total possible scores (0-40 for player teams bonus rolling and 0-35 for NPC teams) and we assume all teams bonus roll, that means that the League itself has a 19.875 midpoint (41*9 + 36*3 = 477 / 12 teams = 39.75 range for all teams. 39.75/2 = 19.875). Therefore, the League is currently running 1.75 points over the median, which translates to 8.8%. Therefore, one can accurately say that this season, over the sample size of two games, has been decently higher scoring.

...I am totally going home after this and doing all the season stats on this!!! That'll be fascinating! (For an English major and professional writer, I shockingly like doing relatively simple math calculations.)
    Hard drinking at the very least. After all, they can get new livers at the drop of a hat. ;)

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Oh snap CPL_Macja. What a post! Starts off with a little Lynd kiss-and-make-up, then a shouting match in the locker room, then some nepotism, then name calling, then political intrigue, then a current event reference, then an embargo on travel to Agamar. Could it get any crazier?!

Why did I just tempt fate by even asking that question?

CPL_Macja and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    CPL_Macja, you tagged me for LFL moves, but I'm not seeing them. That may be because it's 2:00 in the morning here, though. What moves are you talking about?

13. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Agamar Packers's Owner, Tim Dodd, was born and raised on a world where the locally invented game of 'TenGate' had achieved almost the status of a religion; special variations of it even being used to settle inter-community disputes, peacefully and without bloodshed. Expressions based on the game (e.g. "It's just not TenGate!", "Gluey Track" "Poled" or "Grabbed-at-the Gate") being frequently heard in conversation! Until he injured his knee, Dodd had been at least a good amateur TenGate player, possibly even semi-pro, himself. Coming from such a background, he tends to think in TenGate terms and expressions, if not use them much in conversation with the unenlightened!

For the convenience of those who are wondering what the kriff he is going on about, here is a Synopsis of the game and a Glossary of common terms....

Synopsis:

Glossary:

14. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Sorry I guess it was more of a vailed reference then I originally thought...

Ford and Seter moved back up to the Monarchs.

Wupiupi and Benneb moved down to the Red Wings.

I'm planning on writing about it from Byblos's perspective today.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Tim Battershell: So basically TenGate is the Star Wars version of Twenty20 cricket? :D

CPL_Macja: Ah, thanks for the clarification. You don't need to tag me for roster moves, as I don't track rosters in the LFL. That's solely up to you to keep track of.

16. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    You got it - as near as possible to it, anyway:D;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    My favorite bit of those rules is how some of the names are changed to Star Wars terms. That's just a lot of fun!

18. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Question is, would it take off IU? Say as a tournament in the middle of the Limmie Off-Season?

19. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Only in SW!Australia and SW!Britain :p

20. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Don't let ashes block your view, Becca, there are many more than that! That's the thing about the old Colonies, seeds were planted; and some took root!

A Limmie stadium would be next-best thing to purpose-built.

21. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Not in Canada they weren't : P

Bardan_Jusik and CPL_Macja like this.
  22. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    If really wanting to get down into the detail, the directions/positions could be renamed according to the Atlas; so you'd get something like "hammered through Empress Teta" or "Grabbed at Thakwaa"! Can hear the commentators saying them, too!

In two minds about keeping the semi-disguised 'Nerf Corner' or changing it to "The Maw"!

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Are you talking about as an official sponsored tournament, Tim? Like one that the players would participate in? My inclination currently is no. I prefer to keep the focus squarely on the sport of limmie. While Tim Dodd as a character can chronicle his involvement with TenGate in the course of your posts about limmie, I am pretty certain that I'm not going to okay running a TenGate tournament of any sort.

In other news, it's a bit of a Skywalker Conference kind of day. Unless you're Ralltiir and you decide to buck the trend, right Runjedirun ? ;)

Oh and the mighty Miner offense stalls against the incredible goaltending of the Lightning in a week when everybody else puts up 19 points or more? Of course.

And hey jcgoble3 aren't you glad you had that bonus roll this week instead of the regular 35 point one? :D

24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    3–0 to start the season, 0–3 to finish it and miss the playoffs. The collapse is coming. :p

I'll have Futures League scores up around 1:30 ET, give or take 15 minutes. I'm currently busy watching the pre-race show for the Brickyard 400, but I'll get to work on them once the race starts.

I'm glad to see people paying more attention to their LFL teams. Five of the seven player teams will be getting bonus rolls of 30 or 32, which I believe is a record. :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That is indeed a record! By the way, later this week there will likely be a bit of an omnibus post here in OOB on my part to clean up some lingering administrative open items on my end. Enjoy your scores for today though.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH! I almost forgot! I did the average point analysis on Friday evening!

I had to extrapolate how many "NPC" teams there were in a given season (for example, I know for a fact in certain seasons that there were player teams that almost never posted...not that would have happened as recently as last season :p...so I counted them as NPC teams since they were essentially rolling 35 die the entire season) so I won't say these are 100% accurate, but here's what I found.

Total = total points scored that season
    PPG = actual points per game that season
    AMPG = [(player teams) x 40 + (NPC teams) x 35]/2 or in other words the hypothetical midpoint of scores for that season
    Diff = PPG-AMPG
    % Diff = Diff as a percentage of AMPG

[​IMG]

In general, the Elite League is a much more offensive league than it should be. However, 269 and 270 were real defensive years! And 272 was the most offensive year on record. I did not include 274 in this graphic, but we're currently running at an average of 23.1111 PPG with an AMPG of 19.375, meaning we're currently at 3.736111 above the AMPG for a whopping 19.28% over the statistical average.

So in other words what I'm trying to say is that if Ylesia's defense is that good, there's no shame in the Miners losing to them. ;)