main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Best Star Wars Game of All Time (Opinion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by TK788, Nov 25, 2012.

?

What do you think is the best Star Wars game of all time? (Alphabetical Order)

Poll closed Feb 25, 2013.
  1. Star Wars: Battlefront

9 vote(s)
    11.7%
  2. Star Wars: Battlefront II

19 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Star Wars: Empire at War

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Star Wars: Dark Forces

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  5. Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight

7 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Star Wars: Galaxies

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

7 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

44 vote(s)
    57.1%
  9. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

14 vote(s)
    18.2%
  10. Star Wars: Republic Commando

11 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Porkins4Ever

Porkins4Ever Jedi Master

Apr 12, 2005
    Poll is closed...oh well I would have just voted for KOTOR..I still remember playing through that game for the first time and being completely blown away..

Rogue Leader for Gamecube would be a reeeaaaalllll close 2nd, I think I could play that game every day.(maybe I do...)

And as far as playing games everyday, I downloaded a MAME emulator on my Galaxy S4, and I play the orignal SW arcade game at least once a day....

2. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    It has to be Star Wars Battlefront for me. Battlefront II was very good but the gameplay just felt quite messy at times. However, it must be said that I am a fan of strategy games so if I ever play Empire At War then I might just claim it to be the best Star Wars game I've ever played.

3. Michael McKean

Jun 5, 2013
    Yeah, I loved the duels you could play on split-screen. Plus, I loved storming the Jedi Temple as Anakin with only two clones fighting alongside you; as opposed to the one-hundred plus that there really were.

4. Michael McKean

Jun 5, 2013
    I found it really cool that you were able to fight against all the three remaining factions in Rise of the Empire - not just the rebels. I think the developers done really well to make that possible and at the same time make it cohere with the actual story. You fight against the droids on Geonosis and in a space battle and you also fight against rogue clones on Kamino.

5. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    The X-Wing and TIE-Fighter games (with the possible exception of Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter which wasn't a great single-player game without the Balance of Power expansion pack).

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  6. GrimStride

GrimStride Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2013
    I'd vote for KoTor . Bioware did an outstanding job. I've played through it several times .and i always find something new . Especially with a few mods to spice things up when i replay it these days.

The story is solid and it was the first game i played . that gave the player the opportunity to get so involved with the occurring events .That makes it extra special for me

JK Academy was quite good as well . Slashing through the troopers and pushing dark jedi off cliffs was so much fun.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The Old Republic definitely, it's probably the best game that I've ever played. Battlefront II would be second and The Force Unleashed II would be third.

8. JourneymanFett

JourneymanFett Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2013
    Gotta go with Bounty Hunter. Loved feeding Gardulla to a Kryat dragon.

9. Michael McKean

Jun 5, 2013
    Decent game; dodgy controls at some points though. Nevertheless, it really enabled me to connect more with Jango.

JourneymanFett likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I played it on the PS2 and it was glitchy in parts. I managed to fall down a black hole in the prison break-in level when crawling around under the floors trying to find the right jail cell.

11. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Knights of the Old Republic is definitely the best for me. Its characters are unique, memorable, and so much fun to interact with. They're fully fleshed-out and have back-stories of their own, some of which actually weave into the main plot of the game. There's just so much about this game that is so Star Wars. It mixed several of the best elements of Original Trilogy and compiled it into one game. It's just soooo good. Its set-up, reveals, and multiple endings satisfy the player with the feeling that they truly saved or conquered the universe. In my opinion, this is not only the best Star Wars game, but the best game released for the original Xbox. Simply a classic.

The second game was great as well. Honestly, it reminds me of the set up of the original Star Wars film, yet darker. It's actually gritty sometimes, which is odd for a Star Wars game. It has problems, but I think those are only worth addressing on a thread made specifically for the game.

CircaCitadel likes this.
  12. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    KOTOR, for me :)

13. Jedi-Hero

Jedi-Hero Jedi Knight

Dec 30, 2011
    For me it's either Episode 1: Pod Racer or Shadows of the Empire. I played those two games soo much on my N64.

14. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    It wouldn't shock me if I've posted in this thread before. For me, several of them are truly great. If I had to choose one, it would most likely be Knights of the Old Republic. Others that I love are: Shadows of the Empire, Knights of the Old Republic 2, Battlefront, and Battlefront 2.

CircaCitadel likes this.
  15. CircaCitadel

CircaCitadel Jedi Padawan

Oct 10, 2012
    I agree with all of this. Great games.

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Toss up between Battlefront 2 and KOTOR.

17. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast is my favorite(obviously), but both KoTor games also rank among my favorite games ever played.

18. Krusty the Clone

Krusty the Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2013
    I liked super bombad racing and Masters of Teris Kasi.

19. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Tie between the original Battlefront and the Rogue Squadron trilogy.

20. JediExorcist

JediExorcist Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2013
    Star Wars: Battlefront II and i herd a rumor that they may do star wars battlefront 3 on the next gen consoles

21. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008

No rumour - it's confirmed that DICE (the guys who did Battlefield, of which Battlefront was the SW version) is making it.

There's even a trailer:

22. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    For my personal favorite, I'd definitely go with Republic Commando. But for the greatest Star Wars game of all time, I'd probably go with KOTOR. One of the best games ever made, period. Not just as far as Star Wars goes, but as far as any games go.

I remember the first time I played through Republic Commando on our old PC. My mom would be in the room sometimes and she thought the voices in the game were really cool and unique, and she was actually asking me about who the characters were etc. Only time my mom's ever done that with a video game!

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  23. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    For me it's close between KotOR and Jedi Outcast. They're so different you can't really give the edge to one over the other, it just depends on which type of game you want to play. Each of them nails what you would want out of a Star Wars game in their respective genres to me.