main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, Lacwac gang!

I found you at last. I joined up on the Temp Boards, but lost this cool group when we moved back home.

How is everybody? I'm much better now, since I found Lacwac.

:D
    [face_mischief]

Formerly prj1

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    This accent is hilarious. And the fact he's just amused, not concerned at all is really hilarious too.

TaradosGon likes this.
  3. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I already have my Hobbit review that I had posted on the OneRing.net so I'm sending it to you.
    EDIT : How do I send you a private message on the forum ? or do I post the review here ?

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Hey! Welcome to the LACWAC forums :D

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011

I had my profile set so only people I follow could PM me. I've changed it now, you should be able to send me messages. Thank you.

6. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Jordan. It's great to be here.

:D

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  7. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Still not working. Send me a PM.

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I will be starting Spartacus soon, just ordered the first three Blu-Rays. Probably an odd idea to order them before I watched them, but the high recommendations and the story just scream like something I would enjoy. They should arrive tomorrow but I need to restrain myself for a couple more days.

Sgt Crowfield and Paparazzo like this.
  9. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011

My grandmother loves that. I've never watched it. Tell me if you like it. :)

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  10. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011

I definitely will. I'll start watching it next week. :)

11. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    Not too far from my house here in Stockholm, there is (what I presume is) a summer school of people with the most annoying accents EVER... They stay up all night and I can hear them. It's not just loud music, it's shouting, screaming, them singing (badly and presumably drunkenly). It's so annoying.

*covers head with pillows*

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Are they Yank college kids by any chance? Does Stockholm have a noise ordinance?

13. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    I don't even now. It sounds like they're choking on something/trying to clear their throats. I'm not sure... I'll have to find out.

14. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So I'm having about a dozen people over tomorrow for a Star Wars marathon. 3 of them are diehard trekkies.. I don't see what could possibly go wrong. [face_hypnotized]
    [​IMG]

Paparazzo, Seerow and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My best friend from high school is a Trekkie and it's a big joke between us. He posts Star Wars stuff to my Facebook page pretty regularly.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's the Warsie's I'm worried about. I know one of the Trekkie's will be cracking jokes about it, but I'm not sure one of the others will take it as a joke.[face_nail_biting]
    I'll just throw my drink at the first one to bring it up. [face_beatup]

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Just mention J.J. Abrams and watch both groups shut down from having one man make films in both franchises.

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I just saw The Wolverine, and it was great! It's actually the first X-Men movie I've seen, and I'm already a huge fan of Wolverine. It's my fourth favourite film of the year so far and I'd give it an 8.5/10.

I'm probably going to watch all of the other X-Men films now, because I think I've been missing out on something great here!

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Jordan1Kenobi

Don't be tempted to watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It's the really bad film in the franchise, and completely screwed up everything it possibly could.

The other four are great though, and I definitely attribute the original X-Men with the revitalization of the blockbuster superhero film.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I've heard good things about The Wolverine, so I'll probably see it this upcoming week.

The other X-Men movies are hit or miss. The first one is pretty good, X2 is a lot better, while X3 is a trainwreck. The first Wolvie movie is OK, but flawed. First Class is really good, better than the first, IMO.

EDIT: IDK what you're on Jonesy, but I want some. I've never seen X3 described as great. Maybe in comparison to Origins: Wolverine, but c'mon. Ratner should never be allowed near this franchise ever again. [face_disapprove] (crap, I'm on my iTouch. That should be the smiley shaking its head and crossing its arms. so sue me I don't know all thr smiley code/shortcuts :p )

07jonesj likes this.
  21. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I was going to watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine before I watched The Wolverine, because I thought both of the films would link together, but lucky I didn't then if everyone thinks it's that bad.

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would say:

X-Men 2 > First Class > X-Men >>> X3 >> Origins

X2, First Class and X-Men are all good/great. X3 was pretty bad IMO, but not un-watchable. Origins was just god awful though. I've not seen the new one. I thought it looked pretty bad from the trailers, but I've seen several reviews saying how good it is, so I'll probably go see it. Tomorrow possibly, if not, then next weekend.

23. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    I loved all the X-Men movies except the two Wolverine movies that I thought were just here to make money but they did not have stories to tell so they copied things from other movies.

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I saw Pacific Rim over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I liked it, then again I like me some mecha. I wish I'd waited to see it in a better theater. For the first 15 minutes the ghetto theater in Ormond Beach didn't have the 3D on right and everything was all discolored and blurry. Lol, that may be a record for me. I've seen two movies this summer. =b

I've never seen any of the X-Men movies except for "Last Stand" I think it was (surprise, surprise). Not enough Shawn Ashmore.

25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Todd the Jedi

Yeah, X3 is clearly the weakest of the original trilogy, but I enjoyed it. I'd probably describe it as "good", rather than "great" really. It does seem awesome compared to Origins though. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.