main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Episode VII at D23

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ManaByte, Jul 26, 2013.

1. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Well the only casting announcement we are likely getting anytime soon is Episode VII... that might mean Palps is back. Meh, Palpatine is an absolute bad ass and everything but I think his death in VI was a fitting ending. Bringing him back would kind of undo Anakin's final sacrifice.

kainee, Graphic and Echo-07 like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think he'll be back for EPVII because in the first link he pretty much debunks that idea. But if he's involved in the spin-offs and is around Lucasfilm I definitely think he could hear something about the casting for EPVII. The teams do seem to be working quite close together but I don't know we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

HegoDamask likes this.
  3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Ressurecting Palpatine would be good AND bad. Bad because it undoes the events of Return of the Jedi and shows how incredibly lazy the writers/lucas are, but good becasue...its Palpatine and I bet he would be pissed off knowing the people who killed him are off *probably* being all happy family and he will probably go want to get evil revenge on the new cast *which would be awesome*.
    Now a spin off is possible but I bet it will be him and a younger actor playing him *young actor playing young palpy for first half, then fast forward to older palpy played by Mcdiarmid*.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah I think it'll be a spin-off if it's anything. Now it would be very interesting to see who they cast as Young Palpatine. *cough*Michael Fassbender*cough* The only fear I have with a Darth Plagueis adaptation is if they're using it to set up Plagueis for the ST like they've been doing with Marvel. Do. Not. Want. :p

5. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Fassbender would be awesome but he's already played a younger version of an old, powerful bad @$$ (Magneto) so I dont think we want him to get typecast.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Very true. My second choice would be Michael Sheen. I've already seen him play an insane emperor in a BBC docu-drama and I think he'd be fantastic in the role.

7. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Wait....wasn't he in Twilight? That disqualifies him. ;)

Lee_ likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It would any other actor but Sheen has convinced me in many other roles so I can give him a pass for that one. :p

9. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    But.he.was.in.TWILIGHT!!!!! Can you imagine the panic here if fans saw THIS headline "Twilight actor playing Palpatine in spin off origin film". It would be a mad house :p

kainee, cdgodin, Lee_ and 2 others like this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That's half the fun though isn't it? Where would we be if there wasn't mass panic on a daily basis? :p

11. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    We would have to drown ourselves in hobo piss. It would be the only solution.

12. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah it'll be like the Zac Efron craze X10. Cause I bet fans here will ignore his past work and just focus on his twilight work and use that as the basis for their hate.

kainee likes this.
  13. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004

"Acclaimed English actor of numerous Award-winning screen and stage productions to play Palpatine" is the more likely headline.

14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    But once you mention Twilight I bet that will go all down the drain. Twilight just has that effect on people :p

kainee, Lee_ and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  15. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    In England it would be: "Brian Clough to be Star Wars villain" I can assure you!

DarthLowBudget likes this.
  16. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Or "Tony Blair to be Star Wars villain".

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Face it, Razzies: Twilight is worse than Transformers.

kainee likes this.
  18. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Yep. To quote Bart Simpson: 'I did not think it was physically possible for something to both blow and suck at the same time....'

19. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Twilight is arguably the worst movie ever created by a human being.

ANYWHO, my prediction for the SW7 casting is basicly this: A majority of the casting will divide us *some fans happy while others totally pissed* but I forsee there being one or two castings that just thrills a majority of us *and no I am not talking about the OT3 or any returning characters. Actual castings*

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    No, Twilight is merely a mediocre series of films based on mediocre books. There are far worse films than those.

The Hellhammer, kainee and Volderon like this.
  21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Wow. Just in general . . . so SW fans can't dislike crappy actors and no-talents?

As for the topic -- D23 seems to be our only hope to get some news. Here's hoping.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ok D23, you're up. CEII was a big letdown.

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I'm still saying we're not going to hear the announcement this year. :p I don't think they're going to say anything at all, until a teaser poster comes out...with the Big 3 on it.

*runs and hides from flying vegetables*

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We were told at the start of this year to not expect any big announcements. I am shocked that we have not received any big announcements.

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, but I'd consider JJ's hiring and John Williams returning pretty big news, and it happened this year. Granted, John Williams was very predictable, but so are the Big 3. It just seems that they're doing such a bad job of keeping these things a secret that they might as well announce it.