main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Williams scored TFA - incl. Soundtrack discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vastor, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    And also, I'm thinking this thread should be titled: "Kathleen Kennedy is going to have John Williams score her Star Wars movie that J.J. Abrams is directing." :D

2. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Exactly, Abrams is at best third-banana on this totem pole.

3. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Kathleen Kennedy's true face.
    [​IMG]

4. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
  5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Chills! Thank you!

Also, loved the pic of the other Big 3 -- Kennedy, Lucas and Abrams. V E R Y cool!

6. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

Eeth's true face:

[​IMG]

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  8. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Very glad to get official word that Williams is returning.

Team Padme likes this.
  9. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Here's hoping we get a full score release and not a highlights/suites album. In the age of digital downloads it doesn't even make sense to not make the whole score available.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This will be fun. A lot of fun.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  11. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Kind of strange they haven't let Williams take a gander at the script. He would have been one of the first people to read it if I were in charge of the production. I'd want him ruminating on new themes ASAP; the more time he has to work on the score, the better.

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I have a feeling Disney is more "in touch" than GL. GL just likes to repeatedly show his movies in theaters and not do anything else with them and/or their elements.

13. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Thanks, Buzz Killington. :p

14. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Happy with John Williams back in the saddle, my second choice was Hans Zimmer but honestly it will be amazing to get another JW score.

:)

15. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
  16. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

While I very much love Hans Zimmer's work, I can't see him doing Star Wars correctly. While I am certainly open to having other composers besides JW do scores for future SW films (which eventually will have to happen, even if it's just in the spinoff films), Zimmer has a signature approach to his scores that just wouldn't fit the overall scope of SW. It's not necessarily a bad thing mind you, since it's because of that very reason that when I think of composers for films, I think of him alongside Williams, Danny Elfman and Howard Shore. The four of them all have their own unique style that makes them standout.

17. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    A quote from John Williams from 1994 VH1 Special 'When Star Wars Ruled The World': "I am scoring the 6th SW movie now and although George says this is the last one, I wouldn't bet on it."

Did John Williams & George Lucas secretly know the ST was on the horizon somewhere in the future?

darthfettus2015 and Immortiss like this.
  18. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Great news! It wouldn't be a Star Wars movie without him scoring.

19. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    This is GREAT news! =D=

I can't imagine a Star Wars saga film without Williams. The spinoffs can be scored by another composer, but within the saga I feel it should always be Williams. You can't replicate his style. You can always hear when it is him.

Immortiss likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That pic is when JJ told George and KK that he is dropping out because he doesn't want to go to England. You can tell by the distraught manner in which he is holding his head.

FRAGWAGON and Palpatine2016 like this.
  21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    This is what should have happened with the Prequels; a collaborative sit down with a second and third opinion.

22. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    This myth will never die, apparently. GL invited everyone from Kasdan to Darabont to write TPM and they all said, "No way, you should do it George!" Darabont, Spielberg, Carrie Fisher & others all gave the TPM script big thumbs up. GL wrote with a co-writer on EII and he had a dialogue coach on the set of EIII to help the actors. Not only that but there is actual video footage of people disagreeing with GL on all three prequels, and sometimes he agreed (such as making Jar Jar all digital and using crash-zooms and other modern techniques on the Geonosis battle). The PT was as "collaborative" as the OT. But if I was JJA I'd shut up & listen to George.

23. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
  24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm sure he's either reacting to his actions ('Why did I say yes") or someone is offering him a lot of money to do this.

Either way, it's good to see him back. :p

25. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    You do realize he's going to die of old age one day don't you? I'm assuming they'll keep making SW movies regardless . .

TX-20 likes this.