main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. wobafett

wobafett Jedi Knight

Feb 17, 2012
    Wraith Squadron was such a nice change of pace and I'm proud of Allston for introducing so many new characters and spending so much time with them and keeping them going/relevant.

2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree both squadrons were enjoyable for different reasons. I loved Rogue Squadron until I read Wraith Squadron. The Wraiths get the edge with me because they are more relatable.

CrazyOldHermit and SWBob like this.
  3. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I'm enjoying the emphasis and background on Voort so far. From what I can remember he is one I don't think received near as much attention as the others. It has been quite a while since I read the Wraith series.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  4. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    It's wonderful having an alien protagonist, don't you think?

CrazyOldHermit likes this.
  5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Voort is a new character CrazyOldHermit but I was very glad I had recently re-read all the x-wing books when I read Mercy Kill. Having the characters fresh in my mind helped a great deal.

CrazyOldHermit likes this.
  6. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    It is. Maybe we need to see that some more. It's kind of like Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina. I really liked those short stories with all the aliens and the backgrounds that were given.

I actually thought about going back and reading the Wraith series again before I started Mercy Kill, but I couldn't wait to get into it.

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I was the same, and its been YEARS since I read an X Wing book, but the characters and flow of the books come back so fast....its all good!!

SWBob likes this.
  8. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I always like Runt Ekwesh. He was my favorite alien from Wraith Squadron.

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    He was a little odd to me. I inadvertently started a Runt Cult over on Rebelscum.com, with this picture:

[​IMG]

EU fans and EU haters alike joined together in mocking and/or praising the image as the "most ridiculous thing in EU" or "proof of how ridiculous EU actually is." One guy was so amused he made it his avatar. :p

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  10. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Yeah, that's a pretty terrible image. I loved his character, and I NEVER pictured him looking ANYTHING like that.

But then, it's 11:42 and I'm sitting here giggling almost uncontrollably at XKCD comics, so you probably shouldn't listen to me...

adaml83 and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

From the Wook.

SnubJockey likes this.
  12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Substantially better. That's something I could picture.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  13. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    For some reason I always pictured him almost white. Like, ghost white. I don't know why.

14. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That's interesting. I suffered from having seen pictures before reading the book. LOL

zarkinfrood likes this.
  15. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I always had trouble picturing Runt. Couldn't get a proper mental image. Ooryl I always pictured as ghost white, weirdly enough. But my brain tends to skip the descriptions if I don't like them and make my own mental images, like I picture Kell as blond and Hallis from SoA as being black. There's more that I imagine "wrong" but I can't think of them now.

BultarSwan and zarkinfrood like this.
  16. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I always kinda pictured Ooryl about this color.
    [​IMG]
    Shiny green.

BultarSwan likes this.
  17. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    That probably makes more sense considering he's supposed to have an exoskeleton and probably insect-based. I don't know where I got white from.

18. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I pictured purple.

19. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Runt is gorgeous. Loved how he helped out Wedge in both Iron Fist and Solo Command. I love Thakwaash in general.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  20. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    Ooryl was easier to picture since we have seen a Gand before, namely Zuckuss. But somehow I always pictured Runt being a dark yellowish color. Strange how it strikes all of our imaginations differently.

21. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    I pictured him as a bay (red-brown body, darker hair) until I finally got my hands on Wraith Squadron, where he was actually described as brown body and chestnut hair. Sounds so nice.

Ooryl, I was kind of picturing him as a Quarren for ages... I don't know why.

22. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Actually, my mental image had similarities to quarren too, but just similiarities. Odd.

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  23. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    Possibly from when he individualized his X-Wing in Bacta War, and to Wedge and the rest of the Humans who couldn't see it in the UV range it looked bland-white, but Zraii praised it as a "work of art."

Or something.

Sigh. Why yes. I can remember random things from books I read years ago. I don't know how I do it. :cool: Ladies?

24. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Is that supposed to make us all swoon? :p

25. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    The term "Swoon" is tragically seldom-used these days. =D=

Depends on if I guessed right or not. If so, the Force is strong with me.

Either way, I realized my talent for memorizing bits of random information replaced the "hard math" part of my brain, and was able to plan accordingly.

So swoon away, I guess. ;)