main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I can understand that. After COS I can understand a dislike of spiders. The only way for that to work though is for the Order 66 arc to not be shown with the rest of the Bonus content.

2. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    That Trench is a crafty bug. Perhaps he had some kind of last minute personal defensive shield countermeasure installed on the bridge of his ship that would save him in the unlikely event of it being exploded to hell. Something like this maybe....

[​IMG]

Maybe he got it up at the very last second but not before half his body got sizzle fried by the explosion.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Works for me.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I liked the Redeemed Hondo we saw in Revival.

07jonesj likes this.
  5. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    Hondo is one of the few TCW characters I would love to see in the spin off or sequel trilogy movies. I think he would fit right in with the gang and translate perfectly to live action.

6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    darklordoftech -- the image is of Alderaan, previously shown in similar art by MacQuarie.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I would like for Jedi to appear in this show, only if they all died rather quickly. It would really set the tone of the show if the first episoe/arc has a Jedi as a lead, only for them to brutally bite it at the hands of the Imperials at the end of the episode/arc. I'd really respect that.
    Except Shaak Ti, whom absolutely must appear, but not die.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Found this link to a video of the panel. Well worth a watch.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  8. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012

Very nice. Say what you will about Dave Filoni, but there's no denying the man exudes an invigorating amount of passion for the Star Wars universe.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  9. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    Well the crowd certainly wants TCW characters to appear.:p

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd like to see that as well, the effects of Jedi being "enemies of the Republic" and hunted down, especially since we know that Order 66 and Operation Knightfall didn't take all of them.

11. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Star Wars: Rebels is already a horrible show and it hasn't even premiered yet.

12. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011

:confused:
    Hey, even I am being positive about this.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  13. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    And I should care if your being positive about the series, why?

The show shot itself in the foot when it became set shortly before Episode IV. Horrible decision. Why in the everlasting **** would they simultaneously creatively restrain themselves and set the series after much of the gap between Episode III and VI when it could have been explored? Oh right, because some stupid person wanted us to see more Rebel vs Empire battles and so they had to set it near Episode VI.

14. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Did I miss something in the video? I thought there had yet to be an announcement on when it took place.

15. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    The tides really have turned.

Anyway, the show could be set any time from 17BBY (I'm not going to say 19BBY because the TIEs are around) to 0BBY; we've had no confirmation, have we?

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    It said on IGN's article on the Star Wars Rebels details that the show is set shortly before Episode IV. That's *******.

17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Why? Probably because people would care more about rebels vs empire rather than NR vs random, rebels-specific enemy. Even a post VI series would have to be restrained because of the ST. They can't just do anything they want with characters like Luke, Leia and Han.

Besides, the Dark Times allow to show Vader and Palpatine, also huge draws.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Could you point me towards this, please?

19. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Are you sure because starwars.com said this :
    The series is set between the events of Episode III and IV -- an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. It takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.
    http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-...ars-rebels-logo-art-and-details-revealed.html

So it looks like it will be long before ANH.

Don't you think that the look of the show is too much Teenage Turtles Ninja style ?
    [​IMG]

TCW had a specific look and it seems that Rebels will join the look of the common animation shows :mad:

20. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Just go to IGN's home page. It says so underneath the title of the article. Also, it even says this:

McQuarrie's designed were adapted when realised on the big screen, but Filoni is proceeding as if McQuarrie was actually depicting a world set slightly before A New Hope.

21. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    No, because we could have seen other enemies the Empire might have fought. Other civilizations that might have been conquered by them, other rebellions that were crushed besides the rebellion that was started by the Rebel Alliance, bounty hunters hunting down loads of Jedi(it would be a stretch to have a bunch of them near Episode VI), and the rise of humanocentrism and all the other stuff that made the Empire famous. This should near Episode III, not near Episode IV.

22. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    For the main page I think that is just a liberty taken on IGN's part, without any fact to back it up at this stage.

For this quote, I think you mis-interpreted it, to be frank.
    I think that the article is saying that Rebels won't be changing the stylised nature that McQuarie used for his art which was set before ANH. ( Alderaan's at least) Anyway, they're discussing his work, and he's dead, so it is slightly confusing. I just don't think they're talking about the new art. I don't think it is confirmation that the series will take place just before ANH, though it is likely.

23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    InterestingLurker
    I am still not certain the show will be set close to ANH. Your quote suggests it, but it could be interpreted in a different way too.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Same reason we're supposed to care that you're being negative about it? And as I recall multiple conversations in which you spent about three pages yelling because someone criticized something you liked, apparently you have cared in the past about people being positive; of course it's obvious now that you're more concerned with labeling people as "stupid" when they have different tastes or wants for a show. Only "stupid people" want Rebellion vs Empire battles; "smart people" want whatever the hell it is you want.

And that statement you made indicates nothing. The designs look as if they might be set just before ANH? Um, OK, and...? Unless there is a battle on that planet, I'm not sure what sort of drastic change is supposed to happen to make it look so much different in 15 BBY as opposed to 5 BBY.

I don't really care when the show is set but I'm certainly not assuming anything based on a vague comment about designs.

25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I wouldn't say this show is going to be all suck just yet. I'll give it a couple episodes. Getting Disneyfied is my main concernet. I would find it dissapointing if series starts closer to ANH. Thats mainly because I would have liked seeing the earliest parts of the empire forming and such. However I don't think Filoni is putting much stake into 100 episodes. Not with Greg Weisman's record for shows cancelled early and since Disney is pretty unforgiving of even average performance. So it may be best to start closer to the OT. Does not sound like flashback episodes are in the cards either. I also don't put much stake into Filoni's lack vagueness on TCW characters. I have no doubt it remains a possibility. Really I'm more content with the suggestion remaining story idea for that could see light of day in movie for. Assaj move, Rex the movie? Yes please!

On the brightest side the concept art looks just like the concept art for TCW so I'm betting the animation when we see it will actually be pretty similar and on par but with the designs themselves taking on the Ralph Mcquarrie look. I'm glad for that since I don't think anything touches on TV touches TCW for animation quality. I also have to say I like the idea of getting a few main heroes (hopefully with a good cast of snowflakes to follolw on the side) which better serves having a continious storyline although I adore and will miss TCW's snapshot style with many different characters which took us many places and covered alot of ground and gave I feel allowed the show of have incredible variety.

I'm also not sure about Storm Troopers not having personalities. Yeah I like the faceless grunts thing but my fear is that like the battledroids they will be treated like Putty Patrollers. But I wouldn't want them to be like Monarch Henchmen either.