main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Is Yoda A Whill?.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by snelson, Jul 11, 2013.

1. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Yoda D'Kana is totally a Whill! I read it on this one website I heard about, and the guy who runs it found out from George Lucas himself.

Seagoat, Danzo, Ulicus and 4 others like this.
  2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    By any chance did the guy's name happen to be Supershadow? :)

3. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    ::::Touches nose with forefinger::::

4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Color me surprised that no one has tried to claim he's Duros.

5. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Why is this not G-Canon then like Stewjon and Conan Antonio Motti?
    More than Whill, I now hope that Yoda's species is Muppet.

My previous fan-theory: Every few centuries, one Whill will be exiled from the Whill-planet for possibly some spiritual reason humans can only wonder, but generally because they are grammar-nazis and point out mistakes in other Whills' Journals. Vandar Tokare was one of the baddest, he even tried to correct the backwards sentences.

6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Because in the GFFA, frogs are tiny critters that lived on Belsavis and Haruun Kal and sometimes rained down from the skies of a planet. :p Or did Yoda actually fall from heaven? o_O

[​IMG]

Gorefiend and Mia Mesharad like this.
  7. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Yoda is a Muppet. None of this Whill BS

rumsmuggler likes this.
  8. Big Fat'Lya

Big Fat'Lya Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2013
    So the question becomes: Whill Yoda be a Whill, or won't he?

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    fixed

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn and Big Fat'Lya like this.
  10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    (edit time ran out)

How do we know that Yoda's species has an in-universe name?

11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I kind of like the idea that Yoda's species is a mystery because all the examples of them we've seen in the Jedi Order are descendants of a tiny population picked up by the Tho Yors and deposited on Tython. So there are a few of them scattered throughout the galaxy all descended from that population, with a high incidence of Force-sensitivity, and the Republic has yet to find their original homeworld.

12. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Neat idea.

It would also be cool if, if/when the Yoda-species story is ever told, it somehow ties into this old SW Galaxy image that was originally recalled:

[​IMG]

rumsmuggler likes this.
  13. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly, I don't want his species to have a name, I didn't like Yaddle. IF they do a Yoda Movie, it should be a trilogy: 1. Yoda is an apprentice about to become a knight. 2. Yoda trains Dooku. 3. Yoda helps Dooku train Qui Gon Jinn, with young Ki Adi Mundi and Mace Windu cameos.

I always imagined him being a little taller and standing upright in his mid hundreds, and not wrinkly. Might be cool to see, but what purpose does naming the species and star system prove? I for one still think it would have been a far better through line had Padme been from Alderaan originally rather than creating another picturesque planet in which we never see in the OT.

14. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Yoda's species is one mystery that should never be revealed. The Whill's on the other hand could be fascinating to explore in the ST.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    As I said, there not even be a mystery to reveal. Yoda's species might be nameless in-universe.

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm sure there are a few in universe that knows that species Yoda is, since there have been several in the Order over the generations. I prefer it stays a mystery, but he will always be a Muppet to me.

17. Darth_Babis

Darth_Babis Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    from wookieepedia
    Also, we have to realize that the reason why the Holy Grail is so famous is not its superpowers(since faith can move mountains i guess it's force push), but because it is unknown where(or even if) it is. The most awesome part to do with a story is to tell half of it. After finishing Kotor 2 for the n-ith time I kinda idolized Revan, because he did wwhat he did and then he vanished "in the Unknown Regions" without any clue about why. When SWToR:Revan came out and played the Tor, i was huely dissapointed by what I saw

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Doesn't strike me as much of a mystery anyway. We know what they look like, and from the examples given we have a pretty good idea of what they act like.

Calling them "Yoda's Species" doesn't make them sound mysterious so much as uncreatively named. If we have the exact same amount of information about them, but know they are called "Samsarans" or "Ulani" or "Bullywogs", what really changes?

Course, I don't understand the desire for mystery in the first place, so maybe I am approaching this from the wrong angle.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It's a cop-out. You'll see "keep it a mystery" for ANYTHING that hasn't already been explained.