main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What is your greatest hope about Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jul 3, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That the villain won't be an expy.

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I hope the film is so good that it inspires John Williams to write some of his greatest work yet!

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    That it's good. I'm not asking for much more.

4. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    That it feels right, both in tone and in scope. That they find the right mix of aesthetics and storytelling and capture our imaginations all over again. No pressure, JJ

“I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.” – Jango Fett

5. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I read a quote from Kathleen Kennedy (paraphrasing) and she pretty much said their big focus right now in their writing is the characters and they are going to focus on characters more then anything in this trilogy. She also mentioned they want to have a good mix of CGI & old school effects similar to Jurassic Park (she produced with Spielberg).

My big hope was just answered in those two quotes as characters are the key to any movie, not the effects.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Is Kasdan on board with the ST or just the spin-offs? If he's on board with the ST and they're focusing primarily on characters, I'm very optimistic.

7. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    He's involved with everything, and through Kinberg, he can be consulted on Rebels

Immortiss and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    The writers are all working together. Everyone is offering ideas about all of the separate projects. Basically, a "writers room" approach. Here's one interview talking about it. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02...on-star-wars-episode-vii-and-standalone-films

Darth Chiznuk and Immortiss like this.
  9. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think he is a creative consultant, primarily, I think, to keep the stories unified with the ST and the rest of Star Wars standalones. They're working on individual projects within the SW Universe, so I would think everyone needs to know the BIG picture in order to tell those stories accurately, without contradictions.

10. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Even though I know we'll never get a true Thrawn trilogy, I would LOVE to see him be the (or a) villain in the new movie(s). If they have Thrawn, also please let the actor be Jason Isaacs.

Otherwise, I only hope that the movie feels like a true sequel to the original Star Wars trilogy. I know this isn't the 80s anymore but I hope that JJ summons the 80s gods and makes this movie feel authentic. Please don't let it be another over-CGed love fest like the PT or even Star Trek was. Also, please no shaky cam or overdone light glares.

Having said all of that, I'm going to geek out no matter what happens in this movie. When I see the Millennium Falcon again, when Luke shows up for the first time, Han, Leia, Lando, rebels, Akbar, a Star Destroyer, a Tie Fighter, or even the droids...I'm just going to geek out. Hell, I'd even geek out for an ewok at this point. I'm that burned out on the Clone Wars. :p

12. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, JJ certainly proved that he can channel the 80's with Super 8. And, Jason Isaacs should definitely be cast in the ST. Don't have a part for him? Make one! :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Jason Isaacs should play the villain, but I don't want the villain to be Thrawn.

And hmmm...Super 8 has been in my Netflix queue for awhile and I'm suddenly even more interested in it.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Super 8 is fantastic. He definitely channeled Spielberg with it so here's hoping he can channel Lucas with Episode VII.

15. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 9, 2011
    My greatest hope is that they go for a Jennifer Lawrence type heroine or antagonist that will revitalize the franchise and push it to new heights.

16. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    My thoughts exactly!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    My greatest hope is that there will be steamy hawt sex scenes.

18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    No, no, no, absolutely not.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012

20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    You changed the intent of my post. [face_plain]

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Pray he doesn't change it further. :p

22. Force Goddess

Force Goddess Jedi Padawan

Mar 7, 2013
    I have two great hopes, first I hope that we get a truly iconic villain that lasts all three movies. Secondly I hope that Episode VII beats Avatar for the all time worldwide box office leader, it will have to be great movie to do that.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  23. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Right now my greastest hope is that they cast good actors as the younger characters and do not just cast the next teen star Disney wants to push. Though if they do cast any of the young actors on Disney tv now they should only cast Leo Howard, who played Young Snake Eyes in the GI Joe movies and the Younger Conan in the terrible Conan reboot with Khal Drogo. That guy has the right athleticism and martial arts skill to pull of a member of Lukes Jedi order.

24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    As in references and Lucas 'poetry rhymes'? I'm sure Episode VII will smack us over the head with them.

25. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    A fun movie for the whole family, with thrills, chills, humor, and fun